Do you think Sansa is next in line to die?

Shah

Oh no. I've been looking forward to the isolated POVs coming back to form groups again, because of how things got less exciting with everyone splayed out all over the globe. Though now that you bring up this means of detecting characters' deaths with a literary geiger counter, I don't know if I want the books to get more "interesting." It seems like the loophole would be if a castle burns down with a POV inside it or something like that, where there'd be no use for continuing the story from that location. Then you could see an isolated POV die at any time without a buddy POV needing to show up to take over the broadcast.

ratting out your family is a stark act??

Death of Lady meant the end of Sansa's innocence in my opinion, the Winterfell snow castle could mean Sansa will rebuild Winterfell so I hope and I think she will make it.

I think GRRM might make a power shift from patriarch to matriarch in the end, and Sansa would be crucial along with her remaining sibs.

I rather think that the death of Lady foreshadows her eventual abandonment of her identity as a lady when she flees King's Landing with LIttlefinger and becomes Alayne Stone. It's not about whether she's a Stark, because she clearly takes strength from the snow once she arrives at the Eyrie as Stark would, but the eventual change in perspective that comes with it. Similarly, Nymeria becoming a vicious wolf that sees men only as prey is meant to mirror Arya's transformation into someone that no longer values life and has no problems killing someone to accomplish her goals.

Sansa seems too conveniently poised to do something cool. Princess and the Queen has a Maiden of the Vale. Could we possibly see that happen again?

Maybe, but Sansa's survival prospects are better the lower she stays on the totem pole. If she "peaks" in terms of titles, then she's done for, much like Robb's fate was sealed when he became King in the North, Ned's fate was sealed when he became Hand of the King, and Jon's fate (as a NW brother, at least) was sealed when he was named LC: nowhere to go but down. As long as she can theoretically climb higher than her current position, she's still in the game.

sansa is an end game player.

So no she won't die in the next book. She's a Stark to the bone and I fully expect to see her back oop north in the not too distant future.

Lady died because there is no way that Arya and Sansa could feasibly take two fuck off direwolves to KL and have their plot lines work as they needed to. Arya has Nymeria the KG come for her and syrio and Nymeria rip them to shreds, she couldn't escape the way she did with a big old conspicuous Direwolf in tow though. as she would have stuck out like a sore thumb, ditto when trying to leave KL with Yoren and travelling with him towards the wall. may as well stick a neon sign over her saying Stark child here.

So Sansa still has Lady. Number one Cersei would have to kill her as soon as she grabs power because Sansa can not have a big powerful protective wolf if Joff is to abuse and humiliate her at every turn. Sansa with Lady would not have developed her relationship with Sandor in the same way either. as who's going to try and gang rape a girl with a direwolf at her side, so no need to save her.

The girls had to loose their wolves and so GRRM made it so.

I hope not. I do not like her but she is an innocent child (the fact she betrayed her family doesn't change that for me). I do not think the next POV to die will be a Stark. I believe those left are here to stay for a while.

I do agree that losing the direwolf could be an indication she might die in the end though.

Archived