Shannara TV series in development at MTV with IRON MAN director

Werthead

Well... that was blah while it lasted.... let this be an example to would be fantasy showrunners everywhere of what not to do.... 

Truth be told though... as I poke fun... i still enjoyed it on its own terms... I would guess the thing that killed it was that it had the wrong home(s).... I bet that AMC, FX, USA, or even broadcast networks could have found the right formula to keep this show running at a profit for a few seasons... 

The first season of Shannara was astonishingly expensive. Season 2 apparently cost a fair bit less - it certainly looked a lot cheaper - but was still on the pricey side. With only half a million viewers, it's unsurprising they torpedoed it.

11 hours ago, Werthead said:

The first season of Shannara was astonishingly expensive. Season 2 apparently cost a fair bit less - it certainly looked a lot cheaper - but was still on the pricey side. With only half a million viewers, it's unsurprising they torpedoed it.

How much was it? I've read a lot of complaints that it looked cheap. 

Granted, that's not hard to do (I still remember that Camelot series looking way cheaper than Game of Thrones despite a significantly higher season budget). 

No idea, but the first season looked like it was a good $5 million per episode. The sheer volume of visual effects was massive (much higher than probably the first three seasons of GoT, at least) and of a very high quality (at least to start with). Season 2 definitely looked a lot less spectacular and like they'd had a significant budget cut somewhere along the line.

Poops.  I missed the sticky climax of season 1 and now this.  

Now the gnomes have no home.   Homeless gnomes.     And there's no chance of reading this series to see if they ever sought magic in the magic kingdom of disneyland, which would seem like the obvious move.      I hope the brunette finds a dimensional gateway into our world of casting calls and shampoo commercials.     

Camelot came off as dreadfully childish so i stopped early on it, (forgot the specifics of why i had that feeling), whereas this had more hook and less cringe.   When they got rid of druid guy i was like What??? That guy brought the whole room together.  The show's going to suffer now.   .....and behold!

Archived