Shannara TV series in development at MTV with IRON MAN director

Werthead

3 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

I question pretty much everything about this show, the only defensible aspect I can see in retrospect was casting Manu Bennett.:P

My words exactly, kept watching because Manu Bennett. 

10 minutes ago, Risto said:

I understand. Coping mechanism...

BTW, did I dream that or the female general was in one episode with one brother and in another with another?

No it was real. The commander lady was first with the young one, 'uncle incest', (revealed in a flahsback) but then they broke it off, probably because they felt responsible for the gnomes sneaking in and killing Amberle's dad, though no clear explanation was given. Then apparently she hooked up with the heir, until he died, and then again with the new king. I felt absolutely nothing when she died, and apparently neither did the show, since no kind of tomb or funeral bier was shown, nor did the king seem to lament her death.

Those guys kind of blended together in my mind, so I wasn't sure which was which anyway. I actually thought that

the one who showed up as a demon in the final battle was the one of the pair who had died earlier in the season, but apparently it was Amberle's dad?

One was kind of an areshole, the other kind of insecure (but both equally useless), right? And the insecure one ended up on the throne?

8 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

No it was real. The commander lady was first with the young one, 'uncle incest', (revealed in a flahsback) but then they broke it off, probably because they felt responsible for the gnomes sneaking in and killing Amberle's dad, though no clear explanation was given. Then apparently she hooked up with the heir, until he died, and then again with the new king. I felt absolutely nothing when she died, and apparently neither did the show, since no kind of tomb or funeral bier was shown, nor did the king seem to lament her death.

Wait. Uncle incest what? It must have been during a particularly challenging level on candy crush. 

1 minute ago, Jon AS said:

Those guys kind of blended together in my mind, so I wasn't sure which was which anyway. I actually thought that

Hidden Content

One was kind of an areshole, the other kind of insecure (but both equally useless), right? And the insecure one ended up on the throne?

No it wasn't Amberle's dad, it was the one that got killed by the Dagwhatever.

Just now, Corvinus said:

No it wasn't Amberle's dad, it was the one that got killed by the Dagwhatever.

Really? I was positive that was Amberle's dad. Not that it matters at all...

10 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Well, thanks for paying attention for the rest of us.;)

I must confess that that particularly thrilling love triangle completely passed me by.

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Wait. Uncle incest what? It must have been during a particularly challenging level on candy crush. 

:lol:yes, right after the 1st episode, people here started calling him "uncle incest", because of his age, and he seemed to be a bit too friendly with Amberle.

Just now, Corvinus said:

:lol:yes, right after the 1st episode, people here started calling him "uncle incest", because of his age, and he seemed to be a bit too friendly with Amberle.

I missed it completely! And so happy I did... :lol:

Once or twice I clicked on a related article, and the comment sections were full with people loving the show. So yeah, there are those people. Of course, I also clicked on an article from Tor, and the comments were lamenting the piss-poor adaptation of a beloved series. So there's balance.

7 hours ago, Risto said:

You forgot the best part...

Hide contents

Remember that seed that Amberlie was looking for? Apparently she was the seed.

Spoiler

Not quite - she was looking for the Bloodfire, which the seed needed to be cooked in. There are plenty of flaws in the show, but that's not one of them. One thing that did bug me at the end was Wil riding off on his own to attempt to singlehandedly rescue his emergency backup girlfriend from an entire troll army without asking the incredibly powerful druid for help (or the elves, for that matter); he and Eretria were instrumental in saving the entire world, so it's not like the others don't owe them a favour.

1 minute ago, felice said:
  Hide contents

Not quite - she was looking for the Bloodfire, which the seed needed to be cooked in. There are plenty of flaws in the show, but that's not one of them. One thing that did bug me at the end was Wil riding off on his own to attempt to singlehandedly rescue his emergency backup girlfriend from an entire troll army without asking the incredibly powerful druid for help (or the elves, for that matter); he and Eretria were instrumental in saving the entire world, so it's not like the others don't owe them a favour.

He's obviously gone off looking for some prime piece of troll ass :P You don't need the Undefeated Druid around to cramp your style (or overshadow you) on that one. 

1 hour ago, felice said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, but here is a thing :)

Spoiler

Doesn't heat kind of sterilize the seed? The thing is that they have made entire conundrum of making Amberly the seed and calling her the seed, that they forgot some small steps in-between.

1 hour ago, Veltigar said:

He's obviously gone off looking for some prime piece of troll ass :P You don't need the Undefeated Druid around to cramp your style (or overshadow you) on that one. 

Of all the doe-eyed, dumb-faced, country-boys in fantasy world, this one was by far the worse. He made Richard Cypher looks like desirable hero.

5 minutes ago, Risto said:

Hide contents

Of all the doe-eyed, dumb-faced, country-boys in fantasy world, this one was by far the worse. He made Richard Cypher looks like desirable hero.

I have no idea who that Cypher fellow is, but I think you are being to harsh on Willma :P His determination to leverage the apocalypse into a way to date way out of his league was like the only plotbeat that stayed funny throughout the entire season :P 

Spoiler

Obviously, I'm joking. Will is no Flashman unfortunately :( That would have been pretty rad

24 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

I have no idea who that Cypher fellow is, but I think you are being to harsh on Willma :P His determination to leverage the apocalypse into a way to date way out of his league was like the only plotbeat that stayed funny throughout the entire season :P 

Hide contents

Obviously, I'm joking. Will is no Flashman unfortunately :( That would have been pretty rad

Yeah, Wilma is quite the player...

As for Richard...

Spoiler

bounty-Season-2-richard-cypher-30982973-

Although, I have to say there is one country-boy I will always like...

Spoiler

stardust_charlie_cox.jpg?itok=wJgihOLn

Because, he moved to city and eventually became...

Spoiler

daredevil-129490-129887.png

And, given the opportunity, there is one country-girl that will always have my heart...

Spoiler

Screen_Shot_2016-03-08_at_5.56.59_PM.0.0

10 hours ago, Risto said:

You forgot the best part...

Hide contents

Remember that seed that Amberlie was looking for? Apparently she was the seed. The purpose of their journey is lost, since the Druid also knew the fact and why in the name of Will's dumb gazes, he didn't tell her at the beginning thus saving thousands is still unknown :)

But surely, like some seeds need to be eaten by birds then shat out in order to germinate, the same process had to apply here.

I'm just not sure what the seed that was not a seed was for.

And surely it wasn't Alanon's fault. Even though he knew what the true seed was, he was still bound to follow the instructions of the codex. He's bascially as Gollum says "The Master says takes us to Mordor, so we takes him to Mordor". The Codex says go to Safehold and drop the ring in the fires of mount doom...err I mean bathe the seed in the blood fire to save the world and stop the orcs demons. So that's what they must do.

I swear they recycled some of the mass grunting sound files from the LOTR movies.

55 minutes ago, Risto said:

Yeah, but here is a thing :)

Reveal hidden contents

Doesn't heat kind of sterilize the seed? The thing is that they have made entire conundrum of making Amberly the seed and calling her the seed, that they forgot some small steps in-between.

Well some seeds actually need a whole forest fire to happen before they germinate. So sometimes a lot of heat necessary for life to do its thing. Ergo the Bloodfire thing does have some parallel to the real world. The question is why the feck is it so far away and no one knows where the hell it is when it is so important for the survival of El Crease and the elves?

Also, no doubt Eritrea was in her "I can fight" mode even though she'd been drained of blood twice. So she's already killed all the trolls, which means Wiil is only going there to give her a soothing bath and a massage. And that's a sort of thing you don't want to do with an audience.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The question is why the feck is it so far away and no one knows where the hell it is when it is so important for the survival of El Crease and the elves?

That would be because it's 10,000 years or so probably since the last time this was done and no one remembers since the geography changed in the nuclear holocaust?

Archived