Werthead

Shannara TV series in development at MTV with IRON MAN director

325 posts in this topic

They're just now filming? Surprised. I guess I figured it would be out this spring sometime or canceled.

I didn't necessarily overly enjoy season 1, but I would still like to see season 2 be good.

Spike used to be something else, what was it?

7 hours ago, Rhom said:

Spike used to be something else, what was it?

It used to be TNN --the Nashville Network-- 

I'm kind of excited for the change to Paramount... Spike didn't anything I ever watched... hopefully they'll step-up their game and join the ranks of AMC, FX, or USA

Finally got around to watching this.

I was actually pleasantly surprised, if only because I went in with zero expectations. I'm familiar with the source material (I read the Shannara trilogy, as it was then, and then the Heritage of Shannara tetralogy in my teens), and it's candyfloss at absolute best. The TV adaptation not only got a good deal more creative than the book (via putting the post-apocalyptic thing front and centre), it also steers clear of the book's unfortunate implications (Brooks' Rovers are fantasy gypsy stereotypes, with all the darker implications, whereas the TV Rovers are escapees from Mad Max). The visuals were spectacular too.

For all the weakness of the dialogue, and the emphasis on female-orientated fanservice, I'd sooner sit through the Shannara season than Peter Jackson's Hobbit movies.