What role will the faith militant play in ths rest of the series?

Darkbringer

I think the Faith will side with Aegon, and the HS will move to the Starry Sept in Oldtown.

I think Connington will send the Faith north to deal with Stannis and his followers who worship R'hllor and the Old Gods akin to the Northern Crusades against pagans and the Eastern Orthodox Church. They will keep Stannis from going south at Moat Cailin. The HS may even decide to succeed where the Andal and the Seven have failed before Aegon's Conquest: conquer the North and uproot the Old Gods in the name of the Seven.

The HS will pay for choosing Aegon with his life, and the Starry Sept likely being burned. I think then he will be replaced with new HS with a similar mold i.e. common-born traveling septon from riverlands, Meribald.

So you think that Dany will come and kill Aegon, the HS and all their supporters?

So you think that Dany will come and kill Aegon, the HS and all their supporters?

Well, I doubt Aegon will stand aside for Dany. I don't think she will kill all his supporters just the ones who refuse to bend the knee. I think the HS will likely be killed when Dany attacks Oldtown.

Well, I doubt Aegon will stand aside for Dany. I don't think she will kill all his supporters just the ones who refuse to bend the knee. I think the HS will likely be killed when Dany attacks Oldtown.

But why sail all the way round Westeros to get to Oldtown. Surely a straight up attack on KL would be the way to go? Unless she finds out about the maesters wanting to kill the dragons, possibly from Marwen I guess?

Cersei and Margarey have zero rights to the throne, since they aren't related to King Bob Baratheon by blood. Myrcella, on the other hand, is officially his daughter, so she has a chance.

You have a point good ser!

I fear for Myrcella, so she somehow never shows up in my thoughts... but one can hope she will survive the mess (along with Tommen and Shireen...)

I think Margaery will keep marrying with kings until Dany comes (and they will keep dying). So yeah. Husband Numbah 4; Aegon

Why does no one call her Green Widow or Maid Queen or Widow Queen. A girl needs a badass nickname.

I love the Green Widow, we should sign a petition and send it to GRRM :).

Why would a guy who is in King's Landing be killed during and attack on Oldtown?

Why would a guy who is in King's Landing be killed during and attack on Oldtown?

If the HS decides to side with Aegon, he shouldn't stay in KL where an army of his enemies are. That would be a death wish. The Starry Sept in Oldtown was also the original HQ of the Faith.

If the HS decides to side with Aegon, he shouldn't stay in KL where an army of his enemies are. That would be a death wish. The Starry Sept in Oldtown was also the original HQ of the Faith.

But to get to Oldtown the High Septon would have to wade through the lands of his enemies into a practical warzone. To sit tight in King's Landing where he might have a chance to wipe up a mob into frenzy seems the less worse of two bad choices.

There could be some kind of showdown between Stannis and the FM. I still think the ultimate showdown will include the Old God's and the Children from the Isle of Faces. What has Rickon, Osha and Shaggy Dog been doing there all this time?

Oh great, now FM stands for three things?

A revitalized faith could very well support the new Aegon. But I am guessing that there will be a catch. The High Sparrow does not shy away when trying to establish the power of the Faith as separate from a monarch so I am guessing that he will have some demands for the kid. One of which could be ending the Targ practice of incest, as its the biggest wrinkle the faith had with the Targaryens during their reigns. The others that wish to ascend to the throne cannot bank on any support from the faith, owing to their differing faiths, so they must either back the current Lannisters that have pissed them off and proved unpopular or side with Aegon the possibly not so Targaryen.

But to get to Oldtown the High Septon would have to wade through the lands of his enemies into a practical warzone. To sit tight in King's Landing where he might have a chance to wipe up a mob into frenzy seems the less worse of two bad choices.

Not if he's dumb enough to let his intentions be known, and he can reach Stormlands from there go through the southern part of the Reach where most of Aegon's support among the Reach will be. Besides, Mace Tyrell's army is still in KL, and Cersei may want to keep it there. Mace's army is made up of knights and armed and armored men-at-arms and infantry compared to the people of KL, most of whom ave no military training.

I have to say I don't agree with everyone that says the HS is just some scheming hypocritical demagogue. All Cersei has done so far is scheme, plot murder, and be generally vicious and paranoid. It's clear the HS recognises this, and seeing as Cersei holds the reigns of power, however badly, he has to be cautious in what he does. His attitude towards sexuality may seem a bit severe and patriarchal, but its sort of in tune with his role in society. All we have seen the sparrows do so far is stick up for the small folk, and feed the hungry. How dare they?! Unless the GTC is all true in which case I retract the bit about the HS.

I don't think we know enough about the HS either way. He's all ridiculously devout and the smallfolk like him but sometimes that's how brutal regimes start, by getting popularity and support from the common man.

He definately seems iffy, doesn't he beat himself or something for the Gods?

That won't be good if he got power and expected everybody to be devout as him, and if not it's a crime.

Archived