Telltale's ASOIAF Video Game Confirmed

jentario

For the love of R'hllor, somebody give me a link!

EDIT: If I had to choose, I'd say Robert's Rebellion would be the best basis for a great game. We have sufficient information, we have a whole series of well-detailed events and familiar characters, and it also gives the best opportunity evar to contextualise the show for the Unsullied to get acquainted with Westerosi history a little better.

This is the best news I've heard in quite a while. Recently I've become incredibly bored with video games, and don't feel motivated to play any of them... except Telltales games. The Walking Dead was my favourite game of 2012, and the only game to ever make me tear up at the end. I knew absolutely nothing about The Wolf Among Us except for a basic premise but still bought it just because I have such faith in Telltales. No matter what time period they choose to use in the game, I'm sure it will be fantastic. I just hope they focus more on the politics and wars than fantasy stuff.

I played Culture Shock the very week it came out. It was sort of humorous, but not really. However, as the next episode, Situation Comedy, was hilariously. The fifth episode, Reality 2.0, was perhaps the most brilliant bit of comedy I have ever experienced in gaming. After that, the season finale was frankly disappointing and boring.

I then tried to play Walking Dead, just the first episode, and didn't like it. Maybe I just couldn't understand how the guys who made the hilarious irreverent Sam and Max were trying to do a serious drama. Plus, I just don't like zombies, or the whole zombie genre. Never have, and I certainly don't now that they've saturated the media more than WWII shooters ever did.

Still, I look forward to this game. Making the player face the same terrible choices Eddard, Robb, Tyrion, Jon, etc. did is a great set up for a narrative adventure game.

A relevant follow-up interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5iO7z-XadQ

Wow, 6 minutes of nobody really saying anything :) Well, I assume because they're still very much in the planning phase. Probably just as well to not promise anything yet really.

One thing I noticed was that they're not aiming for a hack'em-up action game, so that's good news at least.

Archived