Poll Favourite Character Results!

Ours if the Fury

I don't think I voted in this poll. Damn, if I did Jaime might just have taken the 4th spot from Jon. But whatever, these results are not so different from the poll back in 2011 (LINK HERE), which had similar ranking results. Looks like the top 5 remain the same characters, just shifted in order.

I think all the characters are fine and non boring…

all except Cateyln stark…

Yeah I know. It's funny that Catelyn's best and most interesting chapter is the one in which she dies.

I don't think I voted in this poll. Damn, if I did Jaime might just have taken the 4th spot from Jon. But whatever, these results are not so different from the poll back in 2011 (LINK HERE), which had similar ranking results. Looks like the top 5 remain the same characters, just shifted in order.

Yeah I know. It's funny that Catelyn's best and most interesting chapter is the one in which she dies.

Meaning, the only interesting one imo.

Wish I got the chance to vote in this poll. My favorite character should be obvious.

That being said, I'm surprised Arya won by that big of a margin, considering that her chapters in ASoS and onward tend to be a bit boring as far as ASoIaF chapters go. She's fun, but her shtick wore thin on me after ACoK, and she has yet to truly compel me as a character. There's signs of that changing soon enough though, most notably her killing of Dareon. But all in all, she's as non-polarizing as it gets.

Wish I got the chance to vote in this poll. My favorite character should be obvious.

That being said, I'm surprised Arya won by that big of a margin, considering that her chapters in ASoS and onward tend to be a bit boring as far as ASoIaF chapters go. She's fun, but her shtick wore thin on me after ACoK, and she has yet to truly compel me as a character. There's signs of that changing soon enough though, most notably her killing of Dareon. But all in all, she's as non-polarizing as it gets.

This fandom must be really messed-up if a child who murders people, has a revenge kill-list and trains to become an assassin is its least polarizing character. :P

I completely disagree about her ASOS chapters. I found them probably the most interesting in that book. I'm not sure how anyone could be bored by them. That may be partially because I find the war-torn Riverlands and the chaos in it to be the most interesting place across the books, just edging out the Wall and King's Landing. But we also get to finally meet the Brotherhood in her chapters, and to see her travels with Sandor - I may be biased because he's my favorite character, but their dynamic was fascinating; and we even got to see the RW from Arya's POV. Her chapters in Braavos did get less interesting and eventful in comparison, but her character development there is really interesting.

With your votes and mine, Jamie would have probably overtaken Davos as well in 3rd place.

• 4 months later...

Archived