Dreadfort claimers?

borgenone

Well, I don't think Stannis will get the chance as I believe that eventually all will be well with a Stark in Winterfell. But, effecting a rescue from unicorns and/or cannibals (are they one and the same???) on Skagos could also make Rickon inclined to award the Dreadfort to him as well.

The only way I can see the Northern Lords accepting something like this is if the Starks endorse it like they did with the Manderlys. That said, this will probably depend on who is acting as regent for Rickon.

F Arya is gona get preggors from Ramsey and She will be Regent and her son will be Lord of Dreadfort

fArya is on her way to Castle Black with Tycho Nestoris, so unless Ramsay gets his bride back somehow this isn't likely. I'm pulling for a Fat Walda son to be lord of the Dreadfort. We need a Bolton/Frey in the DF to keep things from getting all sweetness and light in the North.

I hope that Roose and Walda's child will become lord or lady of the Dreadfort but you never know. Still if Roose losses he has kind of lost his rights by going against his liege so it will be up to the Starks or Stannis to decide what will happen with it.

How about Davos Seaworth, lord of the Onion Fort? :cool4:

Vegetable based castle names aside, Davos has a persistent habit of remaining on the good side of Stannis (being Stannis' conscience after all). If he pulls of the achievement of producing Rickon Stark and Shaggydog in time for them to unite the north against the Boltons/Freys it will leave many in his debt.

I agree that the Hornwood lands will become a separate entity again at the end of things, but it's unclear who may eventually hold them. There is a scene in AGOT were Jory Cassel, Bran and Maester Leuwin discuss a Hornwood bastard who could be legitimised (laurence I think) so he may be an option, assuming he survives what's to come.

It will be razed to the ground.

The HappyFort will replace it.

Seriously, they need to rename that thing. It cannot be good for a child's health to grow up in a place that's name tells you to be afraid. It's really just encouraging future Bolton vampire torturers in every generation.

• 1 year later...

If Roose is out, I'd prefer to see it go to Rickon and Fat Walda's child. He can start a new House known as the Dreadstarks, their sigil a black wolf on a pink banner. 

I like the bolded.  

Not sure about Rickon and Fat Walda, but the black wolf on pink just sounds so elegant.

Fat Walda is currently pregnant with Roose's child.

Roose Bolton entered, pale-eyed and yawning, accompanied by his plump and pregnant wife, Fat Walda

So Roose's child will rule the Dreadfort after Roose and Ramsay die assuming it's born.

My guess is that whoever ends up lord of Winterfell takes on Fat Walda's child as a ward, installs a castellan/acting lord of the Dreadfort in Fat Walda's child's place for the 16 years of Walda's son's wardship who scours the Dreadfort of their Stark hatred and evil practices, then sends the child back to the Dreadfort after he's been raised properly to love Starks and northern cohesion.

So Roose's child will rule the Dreadfort after Roose and Ramsay die assuming it's born.

My guess is that whoever ends up lord of Winterfell takes on Fat Walda's child as a ward, installs a castellan/acting lord of the Dreadfort in Fat Walda's child's place for the 16 years of Walda's son's wardship who scours the Dreadfort of their Stark hatred and evil practices, then sends the child back to the Dreadfort after he's been raised properly to love Starks and northern cohesion.

I doubt the Boltons would do this but why not make the Dreadfort the capital of the North (with the Bolton/Frey line) and have Ramsay change his last name to Stark?

I doubt the Boltons would do this but why not make the Dreadfort the capital of the North (with the Bolton/Frey line) and have Ramsay change his last name to Stark?

The OP is wondering what happens when Roose and Ramsay are dead. So if they're dead Fat Walda's child is the last Bolton left. And presumably Roose and Ramsay are dead because they were defeated by Stannis or the GNC. So I don't see the Boltons being in any position of power to be controlling anything so I just proposed that therefore they wouldn't be and would have to accept whatever's done to them. In which case I think the easiest solution is just to raise Roose's son properly and give him back the Dreadfort as the loyal bannerman he should be as last name's still have power so putting a controllable Bolton back in power is the easiest solution to satisfy Bolton men.

The claims will be up to the liege to judge, because there's no clear answer.

Jeyne could certainly provide a nice legal justification for whoever ends up in judgment to hand over the Dreadfort to whoever Jeyne chooses to or agrees to or is forced to marry. So, if, say, she marries Tormund, and Jon becomes KitN, and Jon wants to give Tormund the Dreadfort, he judges in favor of Jeyne inheriting it through widowhood, and he'll get a lot fewer complaints than if he judged it in abeyance and then granted it to Tormund.

And if you look at the potential judges of the succession, I could see some of them also wanting to judge for Jeyne for reasons of justice (Stannis), compassion (Jon), or pure irony (Manderly as regent for Rickon)...

So, I think Jeyne could be a factor. Which would be a good ending to her story. Even in the worst possible case, where she's pushed into a less-than-ideal marriage and lives out her life as Lady of the Dreadfort with most of the Dreadfort's vassals redistributed to other lieges, it's still a huge step up from being married to Ramsay under a fake name, or being a landless and penniless widow.

Assuming it lives.  This is medieval land fun time world.  Infant mortality is high.  If the baby managed to be born alive, those first two years are brutal, and greyscale is coming to Westeros.

Then of course Roose expects Ramsay to kill the kid.

I say Arya takes the Dreadfort...because no one can stop her.  Nymeria and the wolves will help defend her claim.

Archived