Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - Hope springs eternal, we're all Tantalus here

Sci-2

Heh. No Prize. Half the kids on this forum might not have any clue what that is. ..

They know nothing :)

Best part of last week's episode ... Skye is officially Mary Sue!

Gee ... wonder if the writers know what the fans are thinking.

That only just registered with me. Nice. When Ward was struggling trying to find ways to express his feelings, I was sure they were going to go with "you're special". Funny how that scene is so much more fun when you know Ward is playing her. I really hope he isn't cured by "wuv"

I thought the monster plot was really weak. It's also unforgiveable that none of the characters cracked a "ghostbusters" joke. That iwould never happen on Joss Whedon's watch.

The arc plot was good though. As long as you can put aside agent Koenig asking some of the most obtuse questions for a lie-detector ever. I was really hoping Koenig was onto ward and just giving him rope to hang himself with. Turns out he was just stupid.

That said, Ward was an idiot for not pinning Koenig's murder on May. Skye would have bought it given her mistrust of May and it would have given her a reason to leave (Ward could have said she stole the hard-drive and they had to go find her).

Also, the ratings for the cap tie-in episodes are still terrible. If this was the shows plan then it has failed badly as it seems a lot of the initial viewers see the show as toxic and are not coming back.

I think they overestimate how many viewers rush out to see a Marvel movie on opening weekend. Movie tie ins like Thor worked because it was just a nod. The impact of Winter Soldier would've been better as the season finale, I think.

I think WS is the first Marvel film I've even seen in the theater except Avengers.

They know nothing :)

That only just registered with me. Nice. When Ward was struggling trying to find ways to express his feelings, I was sure they were going to go with "you're special". Funny how that scene is so much more fun when you know Ward is playing her. I really hope he isn't cured by "wuv"

I thought the monster plot was really weak. It's also unforgiveable that none of the characters cracked a "ghostbusters" joke. That iwould never happen on Joss Whedon's watch.

The arc plot was good though. As long as you can put aside agent Koenig asking some of the most obtuse questions for a lie-detector ever. I was really hoping Koenig was onto ward and just giving him rope to hang himself with. Turns out he was just stupid.

That said, Ward was an idiot for not pinning Koenig's murder on May. Skye would have bought it given her mistrust of May and it would have given her a reason to leave (Ward could have said she stole the hard-drive and they had to go find her).

Koenig- I started off liking him, but after letting Ward go when the lie detector was literally throwing up red flags ... just stupid.

And blaming May for Koenig was my first thought too, especially since she took off (and made GREAT time to Ontario!)

Yeah, when Skye said that her "real name" was Mary Sue, that was the hardest that I've laughed at the show.

Yes, Ward is FAR more fun as a villain than the bland generic tough guy he was before.

Drinking Game: Every time someone says "Romanoff" take a drink

I thought the tracking in the cards was initially played to good effect but I thought it could have been used better when Skye realises Ward is Hydra.

Also the lie detector.... fucking hell. That was terrible. The agent was referred to as suspicious then after Ward fails the questions on loyalty he lets him go

I think they overestimate how many viewers rush out to see a Marvel movie on opening weekend. Movie tie ins like Thor worked because it was just a nod. The impact of Winter Soldier would've been better as the season finale, I think.

I think WS is the first Marvel film I've even seen in the theater except Avengers.

Good point those 6 million viewers may already be the hardcore who watch opening weekends and the show so it maybe doesn't translate in a big bump. Out of the group of 5 I went to see the film, I was the only one watching the show - none of them expressed an interest in seeing the show after the film.

Drinking Game: Every time someone says "Romanoff" take a drink

It's like they are trying to summon her. If you combined that with any reference to Skye being great for no apparent reason - you'd be hospitalised.

Archived