Black Mirror - Spoilers after the first post

Sci-2

IIRC they were broadcast on DirecTV's proprietary channel a while back, which is when they got a fair amount of exposure in the States. Might be worth looking into whatever On-Demand services those guys offer? (Bear in mind I live in the UK so I have no idea what that actually is...)

ST

• 3 weeks later...

“Mad Men” star Jon Hamm, “Game of Thrones” thesp Oona Chaplin and Rafe Spall will co-star in the “Black Mirror” feature-length special due to air on U.K. free-to-air channel Channel 4 this Christmas.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/jon_hamm_black_mirror_oona_chaplin_game_of_thrones_channel_4-2014-09

• 3 months later...

I love Black Mirror. It's amazing, and the Christmas special aired last month was brilliant. 1,000,000 Credits is my personal favourite episode. I love how its shocks and surprises are all thought-provoking. Charlie Brooker is brilliant!

All apart from the Christmas Special are available on the UK version of Netflix. If you use a VPN in the States set to the UK you should be able to access the UK version if it's not available on the US version; if you have Netflix of course.

• 7 months later...
Black Mirror: Netflix to Produce New Episodes

Charlie Brooker's dystopian drama series Black Mirror has been snapped up by Netflix, RadioTimes.com understands. 

The streaming giant is understood to have agreed terms with Brooker and his independent production company House of Tomorrow to make "multiple episodes” of the dystopian drama, according to sources involved in the negotiations.

Netflix has already shown episodes of the drama, which first aired on Channel 4, in the US. The series has proved a word-of-mouth hit since launching in December, with some fans even holding Black Mirror viewing parties.

As RadioTimes.com revealed in May, Netflix was in talks with Brooker and House of Tomorrow over a possible deal, which has reportedly progressed. It is understood that Brooker is currently writing scripts for a new run of the Channel 4-originated drama which explores the dark and troubling aspects of technology.

Netflix getting this is fucking awesome news.

:agree:

I need a rewatch, but I honestly loved all episodes. The Christmas one is probably my favourite, but maybe that's because it was the last one I watched.

It seems that the best news I get about "TV" is from Netflix somehow. I still get really happy when I think about the prospect of a Lemony Snicket's ASOUE on NF.

Okay, finished all of it. I agree it's a great show ; innovative and heart wrenching at the same time, which is an accomplishment in itself. The Christmas episode wasn't quite good though, not as bad as the waldo one but not very good either. The mob justice one and the PM ones were nice but both are OTT and contrived in many a places. The history one , the one with Domhnall Gleeson and the Hot Shots one ,however, are some of the best episodes I've ever seen.

• 10 months later...

‘Black Mirror’ Season 3 Details

Today at Netflix’s TCA press day, executive producers Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones promised that the upcoming Season 3 — premiering October 21 — would maintain that “special ‘Black Mirror’-y unpleasantness,” but also a wider variety of tones across the six new stand-alone installments.

In classic “Black Mirror” style, the secrets behind these episodes were kept under wraps, beyond some basic details:

• San Junipero” features Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Mackenzie Davis in an episode directed by Owen Harris
  • Shut Up and Dance” features Jerome Flynn and Alex Lawther in an episode directed by James Watkins
  • Nosedive” features Bryce Dallas Howard, Alice Eve and James Norton in an episode directed by Joe Wright
  • Men Against Fire” stars Michael Kelly, Malachi Kirby and Madeline Brewer in an episode directed by Jakob Verbruggen
  • Hated in the Nation” features Kelly MacDonald in an episode directed by James Hawes
  • Playtest” features Wyatt Russell and Hannah John-Kamen in an episode directed by Dan Trachtenberg.

Brooker is the lead writer, but one of the six episodes, “Nosedive,” was co-written by Rashida Jones and Michael Schur, who were fans of the show (in Brooker’s words, “the feeling was mutual”).

They were hesitant to reveal details about “Nosedive,” but described the episode as “a social satire about identity in the social media age — quite a playful episode, but also quite nightmarish.” Meanwhile, “Playtest” was billed as a video game-themed episode, while “Hated in the Nation” will be more of a “police procedural.”

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 22/09/2016 at 11:56 PM, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

My housemate showed me a couple of these a few months back (the one with the pig and the one with the eye recordings). Really enjoyed both of them, so I'll have to look into seeing the rest. Disturbing stuff.

White Bear is horrifying, I loved it.

Archived