[Spoilers] Why does everyone think Victarion will..

The Iron Banker

die?

I think if someone dies in the battle, either Daario or Barristan, but why Victarion?

I think he will provide Dany with the ships to sail to Westeros and that he will be her new army commander.

The man has fierce fighters and a lot of them, why would he die?

The sample chapters showed a positive tide for the Mereen forces, I do think something will happen which turns the tide to Yunkai before Dany arrives, but why would that have to be the death of Victarion?

Everyone seems to think that he will die, I just dont get why exactly

I don't think he dies in Essos either. His purpose is to get Dany and her army back to Westeros, I think he's safe until he's done that. I don't see him being her new general though, he knows nothing about conventional land warfare. He will be her admiral perhaps though. If Barristan dies in Essos, I honestly don't know who would lead Dany's army, maybe Grey Worm?

I don't think he dies in Essos either. His purpose is to get Dany and her army back to Westeros, I think he's safe until he's done that. I don't see him being her new general though, he knows nothing about conventional land warfare. He will be her admiral perhaps though. If Barristan dies in Essos, I honestly don't know who would lead Dany's army, maybe Grey Worm?

Daario? Or Tyrion and Brown Ben Plumm?

I agree, GRRM kills the characters when their purpose is done, and Vics is not yet done IMO, Barristans is though

and yeah Grew Worm seems like a good commander

I think he's too good of a fighter to be taken out by Yunkai. The only I see him dying is if he attempts to betray Daenerys and if Euron kills him. I too think he'll return to Westeros. It would be disappointing if the sole purpose of his character was to get ships to Dany and then die.

Because Victarion isn't exactly an equal-opportunity guy, and his way of "courting" Dany could turn sour really soon. Same with his attitude to alliances. Still, I expect him to survive for quite some time.

Terribly unlikely. The guy is an eunuch, he won't command any respect beyond the Unsullied themselves. Westerosi and Essosi soldiers want a man to lead them in battle. Not a boy, not a cripple, not a woman, not a girl and least of all an eunuch.

I agree, GRRM kills the characters when their purpose is done, and Vics is not yet done IMO, Barristans is though

and yeah Grew Worm seems like a good commander

We can't know for certain if Barristan's purpose is done, the sole reason he was put in the book could have been to help Dany get to Westeros. Did people really think Robb's storyline was complete right before the Red Wedding, he had to reclaim the North from the Ironborn.

Because Victarion isn't exactly an equal-opportunity guy, and his way of "courting" Dany could turn sour really soon. Same with his attitude to alliances. Still, I expect him to survive for quite some time.

Terribly unlikely. The guy is an eunuch, he won't command any respect beyond the Unsullied themselves. Westerosi and Essosi soldiers want a man to lead them in battle. Not a boy, not a cripple, not a woman, not a girl and least of all an eunuch.

Tell that to all the soldiers chanting "halfman, halfman". Or Queen Nymeria. Or the young dragon Daeron l.

Tell that to all the soldiers chanting "halfman, halfman". Or Queen Nymeria. Or the young dragon Daeron l.

Tyrion was still a Lannister and Hand and still in the eyes of the westerosi a Man.

Nymeria wasn't westerosi,but she did already have a loyal following and a the love of a Lord.

Daeron I was King and a Targ.

So,No you can't measure Grey Worm in the same scale,She'll need a Westerosi General to lead her armies in westeros.

because he's being manpulated by his brother and a certain red priest when last we saw him. So unless he starts thicking on his own pretty soon one of them will probably kill him

my guess is the red priest since he seems out to protect Dany and clearly seemed more honest with Tyrion than he's been with Vic

Tyrion was still a Lannister and Hand and still in the eyes of the westerosi a Man..

Lannister or not, the Westerosi views on dwarfs are pretty derogatory. And its probably true Dany will need a Westerosi commander, but more out of need for knowledge of battle tatics and planning, than having a cock. I'm hoping Barristan makes it back to Westeros, and its a moot point.

We can't know for certain if Barristan's purpose is done, the sole reason he was put in the book could have been to help Dany get to Westeros. Did people really think Robb's storyline was complete right before the Red Wedding, he had to reclaim the North from the Ironborn.

You pretty right about the Red Wedding point here :P

Tyrion managed. Barely. Still far, far above an eunuch in the eyes of the Westerosi.

Queen Nymeria did not lead the armies personally. She was the political leader, but didn't swing a sword herself.

Daeron I was on the brink of manhood (as was Robb), proving herself. And the boy is the first in that list, in descending order of respect. The eunuch is last.

I think the real question is why people think Victarion and Dany will be allies. His agenda is basically to abduct her and steal a dragon or two. As far as for his death, I think his part in the narrative is to be the wild card in the battle of Meereen and a catalyst for a dragon to wind up in the control of a faction other than Dany. When he fullfills that, it's possible that Martin has other things in mind for him, but I don't see any hint of that yet, though a guy like Victarion in possession of a dragon is a nice elemant of chaos.

I hope not he's comedy gold. In one chapter alone we had the "sail the Dothraki Sea", freeing slaves to make them thralls and sacrificing the bed slaves to keep their innocence.

Plus not having Tyrion-Victarion scenes would be a travesty.

I'd say I hope Dario dies but actually I'd prefer if he was written out. I don't care about conistancy, just never mentioned ever again.

I think the real question is why people think Victarion and Dany will be allies. His agenda is basically to abduct her and steal a dragon or two. As far as for his death, I think his part in the narrative is to be the wild card in the battle of Meereen and a catalyst for a dragon to wind up in the control of a faction other than Dany. When he fullfills that, it's possible that Martin has other things in mind for him, but I don't see any hint of that yet, though a guy like Victarion in possession of a dragon is a nice elemant of chaos.

I have the feeling that Vic is not actually obeying to Euron, and that he is a good man inside, therefore will side with Dany

Archived