Stannis Baratheon: Worst Human Rights Abuser in Westeros?

Éadaoin

THis thread is going nowhere fast,. As it should it is stupid. I'm only on to insult the idiots who agree with the posters idea.

Cool your fires brah, I disagree with the thread, but calling people idiots is going to solve nothing.

Oh.Please.

Eadie was being gentle. Stannis is a disloyal coward, content to let his brothers stew amongst the Lannisters while he himself fled to DS. What was he doing there, gathering forces for a whole year? When he could have gone North with Robert, or even met him and Ned at the Trident or sent Davos to KL or tried any of a hundred other ways to warn Ned or either of his brothers.

But he didn't-either because he's a coward or he was counting on Robert dying-take your pick.

U mad cuz Renly dead tho

cuze every time I wright a rhyme these people think its a crime to tell em whats on my mind, I guess im a criminal, but I aint gotta say a word i just flip em the bird and keep goin i dont take shit from no one. I guess im a criminal.

First two points, okay.

Re: Freedom of religion. Davos and the others (called the King's Men) still worship the Seven.

Re: Speech. Alester had no right to go behind the King's back to offer his only daughter for marriage to Joff. That's basically like giving her to the Lannisters as a hostage.

Last point is a pathetic grasp for straws.

Of course I'm upset Renly died. The wrong man survived that day, just like the wrong man came back from the Trident. But that's not an argument against my post. :P

Nah brah, the right man came back on both days! Rhaegar was the biggest loser I have ever heard of(srsly leave your wife and kids for a 15 yo? gtfo) And renly? trying to steal his bros throne? Awww hell naw. Besides, the fact that he didnt even know about the incest makes it worse.

When Stannis sits the throne all this will be forgiven though. Because Stannis forgives, but he never forgets.

All I have to say is, I like your new avatar, Stannis needs to create his own rainbow guard and ride Rainbow Dash into battle

Yeah man shes the troll butterball! back to haunt us all!

Funny thing, I hate Stannis too. He should have died because of his inflexibility (Robert was definetly the one who should have won, Eternal torment to Rhaegar! hate me I'm evil). I actually supported Renly(before I found out he was gay, hate me I' m evil). Now I support Edric Storm. Yet to call Stannis a civil rights violator is just stupid. There are no Civil rights in Westeros.

Renly should've simply accepted Stannis' kind and generous offer to be made his heir. :frown5:

I agree. He really should have. Things would be better. but renly had to go all "IM THE KING LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!"

Nah brah, the right man came back on both days! Rhaegar was the biggest loser I have ever heard of(srsly leave your wife and kids for a 15 yo? gtfo) And renly? trying to steal his bros throne? Awww hell naw. Besides, the fact that he didnt even know about the incest makes it worse.

When Stannis sits the throne all this will be forgiven though. Because Stannis forgives, but he never forgets.

Yeah man shes the troll butterball! back to haunt us all!

Shucks love, Renly declared before Stannis, while Joff was next in line-he was stealing from his nephew, not his brother.

Besides Stannis'd be a terrible king and you know that.

If you view many of the story's characters against a backdrop of the modern world, very many of them will seem terrible in some or many respects. In the world they live in, much of what they do is pretty normal.

Don't forget that many of the rights we take for granted today never really existed up until the last few centuries.

I'm glad Renly died, would you say I have anti-gay agenda?

I would, if you said shit like

Funny thing, I hate Stannis too. He should have died because of his inflexibility (Robert was definetly the one who should have won, Eternal torment to Rhaegar! hate me I'm evil). I actually supported Renly(before I found out he was gay, hate me I' m evil). Now I support Edric Storm. Yet to call Stannis a civil rights violator is just stupid. There are no Civil rights in Westeros.

maybe?

Shucks love, Renly declared before Stannis, while Joff was next in line-he was stealing from his nephew, not his brother.

Besides Stannis'd be a terrible king and you know that.

Does that make it better though? Nephew or brother, its still pretty shitty.

I know no such thing, Stannis would be a great king!(that rhymed) He will bring justice to westeros.

also this thread is FAST.

I agree. He really should have. Things would be better. but renly had to go all "IM THE KING LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!"

Yep. Maester Cressen had it right. That's exactly what Renly's problem was, which is a real pity, because he was a decent lad and would have made a good king, when he was ready. His forces combined with Stannis' would have swiftly brought an end to the Lannisters and prevented many an atrocity.

All I have to say is, I like your new avatar, Stannis needs to create his own rainbow guard and ride Rainbow Dash into battle

thanks so much! Sorry I haven't been able to get an adequate reply up yet, but I've been trying to get my brony Stannis avatar to work this whole time. but yikes, this thread got intense fast.

Archived