Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR

Commodore

Okay. If what you posted in the spoiler tag is true, then the teaser does a really shitty job of conveying that.

It's a year out. The teaser is just to get you remembering that their is a movie out there and to talk about it. Get you looking up the cast, ect. When an official trailer is released, not a teaser, it'll do more to convey the plot.

What is the Matrix?

That's all I knew about that movie prior to planting butt in seat back in 1999.

From some film makers, the less plot detail the better. I managed to see Inception knowing nothing about it either. It was hard to avoid all the chatter. I don't even remember if I saw the trailer....

/waits for someone to search the forums to find a fan-boy post I made 3 years ago about the next Nolan movie....

Yeah, this is definitely a case where I want to know as little as possible before going in. I mean, ideally I'd like that to be true of all movies, but it's damn hard in this day and age. But this will be one where I consciously avoid as much info as possible, aside from perhaps the first real trailer (I know I wont be able to resist it anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes it's good to have lengthy trailers for a movie, just to see how bad they are. For example, 47 Ronin. I will not be paying money to see that one.

That trailer made me cringe. Especially the horrible CGI dragon.

• 4 months later...

Just for anyone who's interested, the trailer is coming out on May 16th with Godzilla!

I can't wait for it. :D It seems to be Nolan's most ambitious movie yet (and that has been said by the cast members themselves), and has the best cast Nolan has ever assembled, starring the best leading man in Hollywood and TV(with the excellent True Detective) of the past 3 years. Honestly, this is going to be good. Nolan's movies are my second favourite form of visual entertainment after Game of Thrones.

What do you guys think Nolan will do next? I can see him working on a Bond movie, or maybe a less action-heavy and ambitious film.

Ambition is a laudable thing, obviously, but Nolan's last two films have fallen flat on their faces for overreaching, so I'm nervous about this one. On the other hand, it's fully co-written with Jonathan, which Inception and TDKR weren't - he seems to have much better grasp about control of a story than Nolan.

Matthew McConaughey I honestly can't remeber seeing him in a film, I didn't enjoy on some level. Maybe through luck I've avoided the worst.

I like Nolans films as well, mostly. Wasn't that keen on The Dark Knight Rises, but Incepetion was pretty good fun.

edit: Got a reasonably high tolerance to bad acting, so it's possible I've seen his worst films and still enjoyed them

Archived