Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR

Commodore

I found the trailer to be good, I don't understand all the complaints. It looks more grounded, more interested in characters than a lot of Nolan movies has been. I feel that this can be a hell of a movie. Although the plot does sound a bit similar to Planet of the Apes, hopefully this can turn out to be an original sci-fi movie and in that case I think it will be great. The cast is great as usual and we won't have to worry about the sci-fi special effescts considering the budget. If the plot is solid this movie can certainly eb one of the year's best.

I found the trailer to be good, I don't understand all the complaints. It looks more grounded, more interested in characters than a lot of Nolan movies has been.

That's the most worrying thing about the trailer.

I read one of the versions of the script a while back and it's admirable how the trailer basically ends only after the actual story begins. This can either be legendary science fiction of total disaster so I'm curious how it will turn out.

I read one of the versions of the script a while back and it's admirable how the trailer basically ends only after the actual story begins. This can either be legendary science fiction of total disaster so I'm curious how it will turn out.

Really? That's very good news then :)

I'll add to the chorus that found it underwhelming. No, I don't want the story explained in the trailer. But I want to be intrigued, and I was not intrigued. The early stuff did. This? This made it too much of a family drama, too little about the big idea. I'm not opposed to small narratives sharing space with big ideas -- Another Earth is an amazing recent example of this -- but ... this doesn't seem particularly compelling.

But it's Nolan, so it'll be worth giving a try, at the least. And perhaps as more information comes out, as we get a better sense of the narrative the story wants to tell, it may look better.

But this trailer? I'd call it a misfire.

I've seen so many the trailers the last 5 years that were so incredibly exciting, and then the final film turns out to be so much less impressive than you were expecting. They really do put the best bits in there with a great soundtrack, and the trailer masques the tone and maturity level of the actual film.

This trailer wasn't great, but I did like it, the short footage of them in space was enough. The other thing to remember is that there will be at least one other major trailer after this.

It's Nolan's next movie.

The trailer should literally just be like 6 messages in big text in the middle of the screen, one after the other:

Christopher Nolan's Next Movie

Matthew McConaughey is in it

Science Fiction is involved

Interstellar

November 7th, 2014

Bring money

It's not like anyone is not gonna go see it.

Aren't they both directed by Nolan?

No.

Man of Steel is directed by Zack Snyder, he of 300, Watchmen and Sucker Punch fame.

Interstellar is Nolan's first film since The Dark Knight Rises.

I loved the trailer! I think that Nolan, too often, puts a lot of the coolest moments in his trailers (like with TDKR and Inception). I love how we don't see much outside the first 30 minutes of the movie, which keeps the amazing adventures up ahead mysterious.

Seeing how this is the ASoIaF board, I'm confused as to why some people don't want the character aspect. That's actually the part that I'm most excited about- that the characters will be interesting and multidimensional (my biggest beef with Godzilla was the lack of this).

Anyways, I don't need a trailer to make me excited. The fact that this movie is sci-fi, is made by Nolan, has MM (seriously the best actor of the last few years!) and has a gorgeous soundtrack by HZ is enough for me.

Archived