So Shia LaBeouf : Plagiarist and A**hat

kairparavel

Did Shia go to college? Because really, the first thing you learn is to read someone else's work and spit it out in your own (slightly less clever) words then claim you were "inspired " by the concept. That or you fucking cite (in this case get the rights I suppose?) them. You certainly don't fall so deeply in love with a piece that you lift dialogue wholecloth. Fucking amateurs.

Oh my god, this can't be real though...plagiarizing APOLOGIES ??

Even Rob Ford has not stooped so low. "Oh the humanity!" (Since this was said in 1937, it must be in the public domain by now.)

It's got to be some weird kind of damage control.

Otherwise we have to think he promoted his short film for the best part of a year, all the while hoping and praying somebody would notice the blatant plagiarism so that he'd be able to launch the next part of his douchey art project.

Did Shia go to college? Because really, the first thing you learn is to read someone else's work and spit it out in your own (slightly less clever) words then claim you were "inspired " by the concept. That or you fucking cite (in this case get the rights I suppose?) them. You certainly don't fall so deeply in love with a piece that you lift dialogue wholecloth. Fucking amateurs.

Shia?

Blah, everybody steals from everybody. Just the way of the world, especially the creative one. I think the bigger question, is who did it better?

Also, how can you plagiarize and apology. Does that mean every time I say i'm sorry of thefacebook, or here, i'm plagiarizing the way someone else said they were sorry? Not really sure I buy off on that one.

Blah, everybody steals from everybody. Just the way of the world, especially the creative one. I think the bigger question, is who did it better?

Also, how can you plagiarize and apology. Does that mean every time I say i'm sorry of thefacebook, or here, i'm plagiarizing the way someone else said they were sorry? Not really sure I buy off on that one.

His apologies have been more then a simple "I'm sorry". He is lifting direct quotes from apologies others have made in the past, but that's not really the bigger issue. It seems that every "original" thing he's come up with have been blatantly ripped off. Like word for word, scene for scene, straight up jacking.

Personally I think he has switched to troll mode now to avoid backlash from being caught. Also to setup his inevitable defense of the whole thing being some horrible hipster "art".

Out of curiosity are you trolling, or just a huge Transformers fan?

Personally I think he has switched to troll mode now to avoid backlash from being caught. Also to setup his inevitable defense of the whole thing being some horrible hipster "art".

Out of curiosity are you trolling, or just a huge Transformers fan?

No fan of the beef am .

However, I love that everyone get's crazy over this example of plagiarism, but we all know, that everyone rips everyone else off. I guess that guy's just really easy to hate.

No fan of the beef am I, but I love that everyone get's crazy over this example of plagiarism, but we all know, that everyone rips everyone else off. I guess that guy's just really easy to hate.

Agreed that he is easy to hate. Compound that with the fact that his specific instance is such a blatant and uncited ripoff, and I can see the hate. Hollywood is now fueled entirely by ripoff's, but at least they have the decency to call it re-makes, re-boots, etc.

No fan of the beef am .

However, I love that everyone get's crazy over this example of plagiarism, but we all know, that everyone rips everyone else off. I guess that guy's just really easy to hate.

Yeah, no. Not everyone commits plagiarism. The hatas gonna hate defense doesn't really apply here.

Archived