The Sansa/Stannis List: Who else did you used to hate that you are beginning to love?

Fanless Mace

I don't think it's a reach to say that many readers are initially turned off by Stannis and Sansa, but then begin to like them as the story progresses and/or upon re-reads. (I'm not saying everyone has this experience, but it seems common enough to note.)

Other than these two hall-of-famers, who else has become more likable the more you dive into the world of ice and fire?

Just Sansa actually.

On the other hand, on re-reads I got really repulsed by Tyrion and Jaime.

Tyrion (especially upon reading ADWD) is really disturbing, annoying, and creepy; most of what he does is asking about where whores go. Jaime, on the other hand (har!), is my favorite Lannister, which is kind of a no-brainer.

same with me and Tyrion...........and Arya :leaving:

And you just had to quote me while saying that, hmmm? :ninja:

Tyrion (especially upon reading ADWD) is really disturbing, annoying, and creepy; most of what he does is asking about where whores go. Jaime, on the other hand (har!), is my favorite Lannister, which is kind of a no-brainer.

I agree about Tyrion. And I can see why you like Jaime, for me though he remains an utterly vile person who deserves to die.

I still like Tyrion. I like him the way I liked Darth Vader in the very first SW movie, or Walter on Breaking Bad, or Tony Soprano. Absolutely my fave main POV. I truly hope he gets to sit on the throne before Cersei slices his throat.

I'm surprised Cat hasn't been mentioned yet. I still don't like her, but it's a lot less intense of a dislike than it used to be. She is obviously a bone of contention on these boards.

What about applying this in reverse - characters that you loved the first time around, but like less and less with each read? I'd have to think about that one for a while.

I'm surprised Cat hasn't been mentioned yet. I still don't like her, but it's a lot less intense of a dislike than it used to be. She is obviously a bone of contention on these boards.

What about applying this in reverse - characters that you loved the first time around, but like less and less with each read? I'd have to think about that one for a while.

Oh that's easy for me: Tyrion, Ned, Robert.

OP: it has to be Jon for me. I like him much better on rereads.

Jaime! I was definitely warmed up to him in DwD. I started reading GoT again and find myself wondering how could I ever like that guy, he was so vile. I think the fact that his progression is dragged out over 5 books, you forget just how bad of a person he was.

Kind of Cersei. I still don't like her as a person, but I find her one of the more interesting characters to read.

Archived