Did Elia Cheat on Rhaegar?

Fire Eater

Robert was truly obsessed with Lyanna. Sure he slept around a lot - but she was the one he really wanted. So he was not sleeping around right in front of her at Harrenhal

I wouldn't completely discard that he found someone to sleep with at Harrenhal, Lyanna or not. And didn't he sired bastards in the way to rescue her? So, his obsession with Lyanna wouldn't prevent him from seducing anyone, although I don't believe for one second that there was something between them.

yeah no.

about as unlikely as any theory can be.

Robert was truly obsessed with Lyanna. Sure he slept around a lot - but she was the one he really wanted. So he was not sleeping around right in front of her at Harrenhal

Like you said earlier, he was drunk. We already know how lustful he is, I wouldn't put it past him.

Robert's Lyanna thing was likely one-way anyway. She was the one who refused him but who was promised to him. He felt possessive.

As for Elia, she would pretty much have to be an idiot to go for Robert in front of all the major lords of Westeros, when he was a boastful loud, attention grabbing drunk

Robert's Lyanna thing was likely one-way anyway. She was the one who refused him but who was promised to him. He felt possessive.

As for Elia, she would pretty much have to be an idiot to go for Robert in front of all the major lords of Westeros, when he was a boastful loud, attention grabbing drunk

Not even Robert would be stupid enough to brag about bedding the crown prince's wife, he knows it would mean death.

Not even Robert would be stupid enough to brag about bedding the crown prince's wife, he knows it would mean death.

Well you can rationalize all you want, but if you want to speculate on Elia having an affair, surely it makes more sense to look at someone who was actually near her much of the time, and who had at least a sliver of a chance at finding a few moments of privacy with her. At a huge crowded gathering of all the nobles of westeros? Don't think so

Well you can rationalize all you want, but if you want to speculate on Elia having an affair, surely it makes more sense to look at someone who was actually near her much of the time, and who had at least a sliver of a chance at finding a few moments of privacy with her. At a huge crowded gathering of all the nobles of westeros? Don't think so

I don't think they had an affair, I think they had a one-night stand.

Is it a possibility? Yes. Is there any kind of solid in-story hint? None at all. I mean, with that kind of evidence we might as well start claiming that Sam and Jeor Mormont had torrid nights together starting from the day Ser Piggy arrived at the Wall.

It just seems irrelevant anyhow. What does it change if Elia slept with Dayne or Aerys or Moon Boy? We know a bit more about a character that's been dead for decades, probably via contrived means (Bran is basically the only one who can find it out, via the Weirnet). Yay?

To echo what others have said, I'm also not very comfortable with the implications 1) that since Arianne sleeps around a bit, all Dornish women therefore must too and 2) that it seems an attempt to absolve Ray-Man of putting Lyanna above everything else beause, see, Elia did it too!

Is it a possibility? Yes. Is there any kind of solid in-story hint? None at all. I mean, with that kind of evidence we might as well start claiming that Sam and Jeor Mormont had torrid nights together starting from the day Ser Piggy arrived at the Wall.

It just seems irrelevant anyhow. What does it change if Elia slept with Dayne or Aerys or Moon Boy? We know a bit more about a character that's been dead for decades, probably via contrived means (Bran is basically the only one who can find it out, via the Weirnet). Yay?

To echo what others have said, I'm also not very comfortable with the implications 1) that since Arianne sleeps around a bit, all Dornish women therefore must too and 2) that it seems an attempt to absolve Ray-Man of putting Lyanna above everything else beause, see, Elia did it too!

Bravo.

Thank you for this. There are theories. There are crackpots. And then there is fanfiction. This entire thread falls under the latter.

Nah, man, if any of the KG had the opportunity with Elia it was Jaime! After all, Rhaegar did leave his family in Jaime's hands and he had one dream in aSoS for a reason...

Actually, I am all for Aerys. He kept her close when he sent his own wife conveniently away, IIRC?

Actually, I am all for Aerys. He kept her close when he sent his own wife conveniently away, IIRC?

If you are implying that Aerys forced himself on Elia, that has nothing to do with a thread that "Elia cheated on Rhaegar." Or are you implying Elia had a consensual affair with her father in law?

Reading this thread is like that feeling you get visiting a house of mirrors in a high altitude after flying with a head cold. Nauseated and unbalanced and discomposed.

If you are implying that Aerys forced himself on Elia, that has nothing to do with a thread that "Elia cheated on Rhaegar." Or are you implying Elia had a consensual affair with her father in law?

Reading this thread is like that feeling you get visiting a house of mirrors in a high altitude after flying with a head cold. Nauseated and unbalanced and discomposed.

Huh? I thought Elia had an affair with everyone who had the right equipment down there. That's why Rhaegar was sooo justified in doing what he did.

So, let's put it all in perspective:

1. Elia had a child/children with Arthur Dayne.

2. Elia had a night/affair with Robert, making Rhaegar and Lyanna rightfully angry.

3. Elia had an affair with Jaime.

4. Elia had an affair with Aerys.

5. Elia was all hot for Ulmer.

... did I leave someone out?

So, it's clear: Elia did cheat on Rhaegar.

As if Elia hadn't suffered enough.......

In some twisted way though, I kind of dig the Elia/Robert idea . . . . .

She's brainy, he's kind of dim..

She's a lady, he's not a gentleman....

He's a big strong jock, she's a delicate flower...

It has all the makings of an opposites attract sitcom :D

Huh? I thought Elia had an affair with everyone who had the right equipment down there. That's why Rhaegar was sooo justified in doing what he did.

So, let's put it all in perspective:

1. Elia had a child/children with Arthur Dayne.

2. Elia had a night/affair with Robert, making Rhaegar and Lyanna rightfully angry.

3. Elia had an affair with Jaime.

4. Elia had an affair with Aerys.

5. Elia was all hot for Ulmer.

... did I leave someone out?

So, it's clear: Elia did cheat on Rhaegar.

Bravo, well-played!

As if Elia hadn't suffered enough.......

In some twisted way though, I kind of dig the Elia/Robert idea . . . . .

She's brainy, he's kind of dim..

She's a lady, he's not a gentleman....

He's a big strong jock, she's a delicate flower...

It has all the makings of an opposites attract sitcom :D

You... dig it?

This thread is fanfic. No doubt.

Archived