Am I the only won who hopes jon...

ToTheWolves

Agree.

But just for the record, I don't want Jon as the King on the Iron Throne but as the King in the North, the Vale, Riverlands, Iron Isles and Beyond the Wall.

Why would the Vale, Riverlands, and Iron Islands ever give a shit about Jon? At least, the North can be somewhat satisfied that he is a semi-Stark while all those others are independent regions with their own unique traditions which Jon doesn't fulfill any.

Also, the North would probably like Rickon better just because he is a true Stark(not to mention tougher).

Why would the Vale, Riverlands, and Iron Islands ever give a shit about Jon? At least, the North can be somewhat satisfied that he is a semi-Stark while all those others are independent regions with their own unique traditions which Jon doesn't fulfill any.

Also, the North would probably like Rickon better just because he is a true Stark not to mention tougher).

That's like asking why should they care about Iron Throne in the first place. Ultimately it's going to be the military that decide the fate of the 7 kingdom. Whoever has the strongest military and the backing of the most Houses will rule, regardless of what Val, Riverlands and Iron islands wants.

Besides it seems like Sansa is being set up to rule Vale. There is no reason to believe Riverlands(Tullys) will oppose Jon, who is a Stark and still share common family bond with Tullys. and Iron Island is irrelevant. So should Jon become the King of Seven Kingdom, I don't see why they would oppose him.

That's like asking why should they care about Iron Throne in the first place. Ultimately it's going to be the military that decide the fate of the 7 kingdom. Whoever has the strongest military and the backing of the most Houses will rule, regardless of what Val, Riverlands and Iron islands wants.

Besides it seems like Sansa is being set up to rule Vale. There is no reason to believe Riverlands(Tullys) will oppose Jon, who is a Stark and still share common family bond with Tullys. and Iron Island is irrelevant. So should Jon become the King of Seven Kingdom, I don't see why they would oppose him.

If who has the strongest military strength is the deciding factor then it should be Robert Arryn who is king of the North, Riverlands, Vale, and Iron Islands seeing how he has the strongest forces with his control of the Vale while the North is decidedly weaker then him.

Why would Sansa allow Jon still her's, Rickon's, and Bran's claim? Furthermore, why would the independent Vale(the heart of Andal culture) allow her to make them subservient to the North(the heart of First Men culture)? The Starks only had a bond with the Tullys through the children of Ned and Catelyn(thus Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon) which Jon is decidedly not. Thus, they might be okay with following Rickon or Sansa, but why would they give a shit about Jon?

He joined the Nightwatch to save the realm from the Others,

No, he joined the nightwatch because he had no other options as a bastard.

I think Jon will forsake his vows not because of lust of power but because he sees it as his duty. I do not anticipate any "release" from his vows but his consciously leaving the Watch. I also do not anticipate that he will ever truly abandon his brothers at the Wall. He has become a brother as much as he is a Stark. I don't think he will ever consider himself a Targaryen regardless of his parentage but I don't see him saying no to the throne if the story goes that way.

There is also the rumor that he becomes the Night King 2.0. I can see why since he is a Stark and the LC but he is missing a Queen (all jokes about Val aside) and doesn't seem to want anything badly enough to sell his soul so I don't see this as an option. I also don't see him just remaining at the Wall after the Wall falls, which I believe it will. He will move with the fight and learn about R + L along the way. This won't change him but it will give him new responsibilities that he will not shirk.

We all know Jon has a very important role to play with the long winter around the bend. Barring any un-jon speculation or his death, I would like to see Jon renounce any claim R+L=J gives him and stay true to his vows and honor and be the sword in the night that battles back the others. A lot of people on this forum, especially a lot of those with thousands of posts would like to see Jon break his vows and become a targ king with a hot, romantic love interest. With maybe a steamy love scene with Dany on a flying dragon's back. It would do his character an injustice in my opinion. He would cease to be one of my favorite characters if that happens and I would wish for his demise.

Very well said and I agree with you.

I don't really wanna see him die, but that's preferable to marrying Dany and making super Targaryen dragon riding babies and being the best king EVARRRRR.

That's just so :ack:

I seriously doubt that will happen. It begs to restate the infamous quote: "If you think that, you haven't been paying attention." Grrm will not write that story.

But I do want him to have a HEA. I'm so screwed :frown5:

Archived