Warrior tiers

The Fresh PtwP

Interesting...sorry I was just relying on common sense given the development of the two characters, and I assumed the last thing he or Ned wants is to injure or embarrass the crown prince

What are the quotes, whose POV? I'm addmittedly not familiar w/scene at all.

What makes you compare Ned to Robb in this situation? Robb is just a kid, and he really hated Joff. Why should he hold back and allow Joff to land blows?

What makes you compare Ned to Robb in this situation? Robb is just a kid, and he really hated Joff. Why should he hold back and allow Joff to land blows?

I understood the point to be that Ned instructed Robb not to harm Joffrey, similar to how Ned noted to Robert that no one would dare harm the king in the melee he wanted to fight in so badly.

I understood the point to be that Ned instructed Robb not to harm Joffrey, similar to how Ned noted to Robert that no one would dare harm the king in the melee he wanted to fight in so badly.

How do you win a fight without harming your opponent? how is a melee the same as training with heavy padding and wood swords?

We hear it from EVERY Stark child that Bran whooped Tommen and the Stark children were pretty neutral to Tommen. If Robb really did spank Joff (who was already rubbing everyone the wrong way) we would've heard it.

I'm not saying that Robb flattened Joffrey, like Bran flattened Tommen, but it's pretty clear that Robb beat Joffrey. I'm not sure why you think this means that Joffrey beat Robb.

I just wanted to make a ranking system of the warriors throughout the series all fighters are in their prime. Here we go:

S tier - Legendary status and badass epitaph required. Arthur Dayne, Barristan, Jaime Lannister, Robert Baratheon.

A tier - Oberyn, the Cleganes, (probably) Garlan, Victarion, Halfhand, Syrio*

B tier - Bronn, Loras, Mance, Beric the Lightning Lord, Thoros, Jorah, Asha

C tier - Ned, Stannis, Renly, Belwas*, Drogo*, Peck, Average Westrosi Knight

D tier - Kettlebacks, Duck, Aegon, Jon, Robb, Lancel, Joff,

F tier - Boros Blount, Puddles

What do you guys think?

*=would be higher on even footing (i.e. wearing armor)

S: White Bull, Arthur Dayne, Barristan Selmy, Jamie Lannister

A: Garlan Tyrell, Red Viper, Mountain, Hound, Robert

B: Bronn, Randyll Tarly, Beric, Thoros, Asha, Brienne, Jorah, Belwas, Swann, Loras and Mance

C: Ned, Kettlebacks, Arys Oakheart many others…

Was Robert already wounded before he fought Rhaegar?

Jon Connington notes he was wounded when he was searching for him. Its hard to tell whether those wounds still effected him or not, but Robert vs. Rhaegar was a off screen battle and thus we do not know all the details of it.

Was Robert already wounded before he fought Rhaegar?

Yeah pretty much Robert was wounded prior to the initiation of Battle of Bells. I highly doubt he would have recovered from these wounds before the commencement of Battle of Trident. Furthermore Rhaegar was healthy as he had been under hiding. I think Robert didn't sustain injuries from rhaegar but likely his wounds opened up. Who knows? :dunno:

It's also worth noting that Rhaegar won a jousting tourny, suggesting it's his riding prowess that gave him an edge in that fight, as opposed to his actual martial ability, whereas Robert by comparison is known for the opposite. Not that it mattered in the end, Rhaegar still had his chest cavity changed by a factor of 10.

It's also worth noting that Rhaegar won a jousting tourny, suggesting it's his riding prowess that gave him an edge in that fight, as opposed to his actual martial ability, whereas Robert by comparison is known for the opposite. Not that it mattered in the end, Rhaegar still had his chest cavity changed by a factor of 10.

Robert's Warhammer and Rhaegar Targaryen, still a better love story than twilight.

S: Daemon Blackfyre, Arthur Dayne, Barristan Selmy, Aemon The Dragon Knight, Jaime Lannister

A: Gwayne Corbray, Robert Baratheon, Sandor Clegane, Gregor Clegane, Quentyn Ball, Bittersteel, Bloodraven, Garlan Tyrell, Oberyn Martell, Yohn Royce

B: Loras Tyrell, Brienne of Tarth, Rhaegar Targaryen(assuming Robert wasn't 100%, if not I'd bump him to lower A tier), Areo Hotah, Jason Mallister, Lyn Corbray, Andrik The Unsmiling, Victarion Greyjoy, Balon Swann, Qhorin Halfhand, Mance Rayder, Lothor Brune, GreatJon Umber, Arys Oakheart, Mandon Moore

C: Eddard Stark, Bronn, Jon Snow, Meryn Trant, Kettlebacks, Stannis Baratheon, Renly

D: Numerous people throughout the seires. Tyrion, Boros, Brave Companions, etc

Yeah pretty much Robert was wounded prior to the initiation of Battle of Bells. I highly doubt he would have recovered from these wounds before the commencement of Battle of Trident. Furthermore Rhaegar was healthy as he had been under hiding. I think Robert didn't sustain injuries from rhaegar but likely his wounds opened up. Who knows? :dunno:

Ned comments that he took a wound from Rhaegar.

Riding prowess should definitely count as a part of actual martial ability when discussing knights. Fighting from horseback is kind of a big part of their purpose. Likewise with Loras Tyrell. Being one of the best lancers in the realm should count for more than being really good at dueling, like Syrio, when discussing who is the better warrior, IMO.

Archived