Blood and Fire (containing spoilers from tPatQ to TWoW)

OberynBlackfyre

I read it all very well done.from what we learned in PATQ dragons can be killed an rather easy bolt thru eye man has weapons to kill a dragon .my ?? Is can they be warged ?and if the nights king was a stark does he have warg powers besides he just touched a baby with his finger an turned it in a WW ,imagine his power I imagine we may sees ice dragon or a stone dragon possibly greyscale' infected dragon ? I hope to see more threads about the powers of 'fire and ice " in book one we read that the WW are a powerful force thought long gone but they were sleeping or waiting more likely for there magic to get stronger ,then in season 4 we see the nights king an his 12 companions .the iron throne means nothing looking forward to winds of winter to take us to lands of always winter.

Valyria was NO empire. In the books is mentioned that Valyria was an Empire, but the "Old Valyria" was a Freehold. There wasn't any emperor or a king to presume that she was an empire or kingdom. The Government of the Old Valyrian Freehold was some kind of suzerainty, oligarchy and aristocracy. Forty noble Houses with great wealth, tremendous sorcerus abilities and hordes of Dragons ruled the old Valyrian Freehold and all Essos. Each Dragonlord of the Valyrian Freehold was a Lord Freeholder and ruled a part of the vast land the Freehold has in possession.

I read it all very well done.from what we learned in PATQ dragons can be killed an rather easy bolt thru eye man has weapons to kill a dragon .my ?? Is can they be warged ?and if the nights king was a stark does he have warg powers besides he just touched a baby with his finger an turned it in a WW ,imagine his power I imagine we may sees ice dragon or a stone dragon possibly greyscale' infected dragon ? I hope to see more threads about the powers of 'fire and ice " in book one we read that the WW are a powerful force thought long gone but they were sleeping or waiting more likely for there magic to get stronger ,then in season 4 we see the nights king an his 12 companions .the iron throne means nothing looking forward to winds of winter to take us to lands of always winter.

that is completely true. However I wouldn't put too much thinking that what we saw in the show is exactly what its like in the books, know what I mean? We still haven't seen how WW are made in the book series,...and the show has been changing A LOT.

Valyria was NO empire. In the books is mentioned that Valyria was an Empire, but the "Old Valyria" was a Freehold. There wasn't any emperor or a king to presume that she was an empire or kingdom. The Government of the Old Valyrian Freehold was some kind of suzerainty, oligarchy and aristocracy. Forty noble Houses with great wealth, tremendous sorcerus abilities and hordes of Dragons ruled the old Valyrian Freehold and all Essos. Each Dragonlord of the Valyrian Freehold was a Lord Freeholder and ruled a part of the vast land the Freehold has in possession.

Rome for a while was a reoublic, with a ruling senate. They still called it the Roman EMPIRE. Empires are not simply due to there being an emperor or not. Yes it was a Freehold, but there was still slavery. SO even that is particularly false of it being called a "freehold". Plus, there was always a ruling family/ruling families that were vying for power all the time.

• 1 year later...

From The World of Ice and Fire:

-We now know that Dragons were located everywhere in Planetos, as the maesters have said that their bones can be found from Westeros to Yi Ti.

-The maesters do not at all discount there being "ice dragons", as they also state that many supernatural things that occur in The Shivering Sea that can be attributed to Ice Dragon encounters.

-There were those who lived in Valyria that also explored the world on dragon back. One such explorer traveled deep into Southern Sothoryos, yet only found thicker and thicker jungle.

-There are different kinds of dragonkin, in different areas of planetos. Many are the types of wyrms, nightscales, etc.

-There was an account by Murshoom that the dragon that was ridden to Winterfell during The Dance of Dragons, also laid a clutch deep within the crypts. This is of course discounted by the maesters, who want to refute anything to do with dragons.

A House Targaryen dragon is unleashed on the battlefield – by Tomasz Jedruszek. © Fantasy Flight Games

A List of dragons mentioned in the series, who they were ridden by, and a brief hitory of their life. (above)

Archived