Damian Lewis should play Jon Connington...

King Snow

He must be a mouth breather or something. It takes me out of his acting ever since I noticed how hard he breathes. I don't want to see his face for a long while either.

Haha I can't say that I've ever noticed his breathing. I still think that he has what it takes, though.

Ooops sorry, I didn't realize haha. And I'm not familiar with Kevin McKidd. What has he been in?

Most notably Rome, a brilliant but sadly short-lived HBO historical drama. The scale is amazing, and ever bigger than Game of Thrones, and the acting, writing, directing, everything - is excellent. I highly recommend it. The poster above, Marc Antony, is the name, and has the picture of, one of the main characters in Rome.

Most notably Rome, a brilliant but sadly short-lived HBO historical drama. The scale is amazing, and ever bigger than Game of Thrones, and the acting, writing, directing, everything - is excellent. I highly recommend it. The poster above, Marc Antony, is the name, and has the picture of, one of the main characters in Rome.

Oh, I'm familiar with Rome but I've never watched it. Several friends of mine have raved about it though. I did read an interview with James Purefoy (who was on the show) and he said something along the lines of 'I would never act in GOT because HBO cancelled Rome' which is ridiculous. Especially since he decided to star in that piece of shit The Following haha. But I would never hold it against Rome or anything. I have HBO Go so I'll check it out.

Oh, I'm familiar with Rome but I've never watched it. Several friends of mine have raved about it though. I did read an interview with James Purefoy (who was on the show) and he said something along the lines of 'I would never act in GOT because HBO cancelled Rome' which is ridiculous. Especially since he decided to star in that piece of shit The Following haha. But I would never hold it against Rome or anything. I have HBO Go so I'll check it out.

He was just messing around when he said that. Tongue and cheek.

And do check out Rome, By the furies I love that series

I never imagined JonCon with a cat's bum mouth but I'm sure he can act the part.

As for the mouth breathing I think it was David Mamet who noticed that a lot of method trained actors take gulp before speaking. I think it's more of a bad habit than a medical problem.

I never imagined JonCon with a cat's bum mouth but I'm sure he can act the part.

As for the mouth breathing I think it was David Mamet who noticed that a lot of method trained actors take gulp before speaking. I think it's more of a bad habit than a medical problem.

Hahahaha a cat's bum mouth? That's fucking hilarious. And I'm a filmmaker as well and I can agree that a lot of stage actors tend to carry certain habits over to tv and film.

It was Kevin McKidd who supposedly said that. James Purefoy asked him if he'd been asked to do Game of Thrones, and he said he wouldn't even if he was because "they stole our show". (he feels HBO would have brought back Rome if they hadn't greenlighted GoT)

Of course, it was James Purefoy telling the story, and he seems like a bit of a joker. Reckon they'd get over Rome pretty quickly if offered good roles in GoT. It's not like they're Barcelona players being asked to go play for Real Madrid or something.

Archived