Justified Season 5 (Spoilers)

Mark Antony

Dewey isn't the brains of anything. I have a feeling his family will use him for grunt work, same as Boyd. Judging from the trailers, he's gonna be a point of entry for the rest of the Crowes to come into Kentucky, and that's it. The dude in the trailer, his cousin Darryl, he's probably the Crowe patriarch.

Dewey isn't the brains of anything. I have a feeling his family will use him for grunt work, same as Boyd. Judging from the trailers, he's gonna be a point of entry for the rest of the Crowes to come into Kentucky, and that's it. The dude in the trailer, his cousin Darryl, he's probably the Crowe patriarch.

I didn't mean it literally, I was kind of hoping his family would be so stupid it would make Dewey look like the brains of the outfit :P.

I'm glad they killed Paxton, because he (and the rest of the Harlan Illuminati) was such a mistake last season. Besides which, anyone dumb enough to (1) let Boyd live when he'd already shown how dangerous he could be, and (2) insult him to his face without any security by his side, is too dumb to llive.

Nice parallel between Rayland and Boyd today. They both talk a good game about loving their women, but ultimately, what they really love is, to use Boyd's words, "shooting people and being an asshole".

Well that was a triumphant return for Boyd I guess...

Pretty good episode! It just felt a little off and shaky at times, but I'm sure it'll pick up steam.

I thought the same. Something seemed off the entire episode. The filming seemed different and the dialogue wasn't as smooth.

Will Sasso :D

Is it just me or was the body count unusually large this episode?

Yeah they certainly started with a bang (or two). No idea where Boyd's storyline is going this year but it seems very separated from Raylan's at this stage.

Couple of thoughts:

- The lawyer Crowe hottie has apparently gone to Miami, where Winona is.

- Isn't Picker fucked now, when Theo finds out about what happened to Sammy?

- I agree that something felt off this episode with the direction. Some weird close-ups.

- The Miami marshal - he's very familiar. Is he the asshole salesman guy from The Office?

Really enjoyed last night's episode -- missed the first run but caught the rerun later in the evening. Didn't notice anything "off," but then I'm not that discerning a TV viewer. Bit shocked at the scene with Sammy.

Man, I am glad this show is back.

I felt like it was an unusually packed plot compared to earlier seasons. A lot of disconnected stuff in multiple locations all running at once. Justified has usually stuck to a more singular location for an episode. Doesn't usually jump around as much.

Justified jumping around isn't necessarily a bad thing. The last 4 seasons were almost exclusively set in Harlan and Lexington, so I think adding Detroit and Florida in the mix is pretty interesting, although I doubt they'll have as much screentime as the Kentucky locations. Graham Yost himself said he wants to take the show back to the hollers of Season 2.

- Isn't Picker fucked now, when Theo finds out about what happened to Sammy?

Isn't Theo in Malaysia or something? I've always though his self-imposed exile was the writers' way of letting us know he's been written off the show. And even if he's not, he doesn't have the power to go against Picker, who's now part of the Crowder/Duffy crew. He lost a lot when Augustine failed to get Drew, and his son fucked up whatever else he left behind. The Tonin outfit is dead and buried.

Isn't Theo in Malaysia or something? I've always though his self-imposed exile was the writers' way of letting us know he's been written off the show. And even if he's not, he doesn't have the power to go against Picker, who's now part of the Crowder/Duffy crew. He lost a lot when Augustine failed to get Drew, and his son fucked up whatever else he left behind. The Tonin outfit is dead and buried.

Theo's in Tunisia, which is kind of an unusual place for a guy like him to be hiding out in, but yeah - he's completely out of the game. That's why Nicky Augustine was willing to move against Sammy last season - he knew there was no longer anything Theo could to him.

Raylan mentions that Dickie was released from prison because of a scandal. Do we know what scandal they're referring to?

In that same scene, Wade offers Raylan a blowjob but not personally which I thought was funny because Swearengen does the exact same thing to a Judge in Deadwood.

Also, there was no mention of Johnny in this episode, right?

Archived