Superman and Batman: The League of Extraordinary #$@% Ups

Rhom

I don't think it's legit, but it doesn't stop me from believing that this movie is going to be a colossal fucksplosion of awful.

"Hey comic book lovers, you know that movie you've been waiting your whole lives for since you were a little kid and dreamed of the day that it would finally come to fruition? Well fuck you!"

The rumor is that Superman's pissed about Metropolis being destroyed, so his goal is to take out Gotham...just because he can.

Sounds alot like the plot from the Injustice videogame. Earth 2 Superman loses his shit after being tricked by The Joker into killing his loved ones. He then kills The Joker in front of Batman then turns the Justice League into a fascist superpolice department. Earth 2 Batman then crosses dimensions with help from Luthor in order to recruit Earth 1 Justice League to fight The Big Blue Schoolboy and the Fascist Justice League.

Well, Snyder's directing again, so you can throw any possibilities of the film containing any subtlety or nuance right out the window.

The rumor is that Superman's pissed about Metropolis being destroyed, so his goal is to take out Gotham...just because he can.

How is that even a logical or rational conclusion to come to?

My disappointment in Man of Steel just gets worse and worse. It was one of my most anticipated movies of last year based on the trailers. Every glimpse we got became better and better and better... and then the movie landed with a thud.

Even with all that, the sequel could have been set up to be a good story following Lex Luthor becoming the defender of humanity after the alien invasion or something along those lines. Even the prospect of Lex and Bruce teaming up to take down the God Among Us could have been good... but every announcement that comes out makes it worse and worse.

:crying:

How is that even a logical or rational conclusion to come to?

If it were true, my guess is that it would be revealed at some point Superman had been hit with Red Kryptonite which makes him go crazy. Something to do with Zod. This would probably lead up to all the other rumored heroes showing up as Batman realistically couldn't beat Superman, and he'd need help. Thus the Justice League is born and Superman even gets to join in the end when they "cure" him. I don't know, I'm just spit ballin' here.

• 3 weeks later...

I just looked into this and found out that they are casting Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman... I am really glad that Man of Steel was such a horrid movie, or I would waste my time caring about how poor the casting decisions are for this thing. I will not be seeing this, or anything else Zach Snyder has his hands in...

Good news... Maybe someone up there has been paying attention.

The movie is being delayed until 2016. Hopefully, that means this goes into development hell and becomes one of those "movies that was almost made."

The likely box office take of a superhero team-up film featuring Batman probably exceeds that of the first Avengers outing, if the DC film is good.

I suppose that last bit is a huge caveat... but I would say just based on the negative buzz this was getting, that even if it turned out to be good it wasn't going to get that kind of box. The spin had already started and it wasn't looking good. The scariest bit is that potentially this is just being done as they rework the script into a full blown Justice League movie. I would disagree with that, I still think that in order to launch JL you need something more.

I don't think you would need full on origin films for everyone like the Avengers, but at least a second MoS film (that is actually... you know... good) to lay the groundwork for why the JL exists in this universe and then you could get full into it with a team up. To jump right into it screams out for needing more backstory.

Ah well, for now I will take this as good news all around.

Am I missing something? What's wrong with the costume? The cowl is a tad weird but other than that it looks pretty standard. That said I think this will be a disaster but not because of the costumes :P.

Archived