Superman and Batman: The League of Extraordinary #$@% Ups

Rhom

I would have never thought Eisenberg for that role. Makes me interested to see how he pans out since I think he is a good actor. I put a lot more stock in the actor's skill than the actor's looks.

Still, it comes down to writing. We'll see.

There was, but NOWHERE near the backlash for Affleck. Again, NOWHERE. Ledger already had more credibility as an actor than Affleck and Nolan had a LOT more credibility than Snyder.

Once Dark Knight came out and he was good, people begun to exaggerate the resistance against him. 10 years from now, people will say that even Heath Ledger's mother opposed the idea.

There was, but NOWHERE near the backlash for Affleck. Again, NOWHERE. Ledger already had more credibility as an actor than Affleck and Nolan had a LOT more credibility than Snyder.

Once Dark Knight came out and he was good, people begun to exaggerate the resistance against him. 10 years from now, people will say that even Heath Ledger's mother opposed the idea.

As I remember, all we had was a still of Ledger as Joker for quite some time, and that was enough for essays of trashing Ledger, his look (apparently the scars were ridiculed, IIRC) and Nolan for screwing the pooch. It was only when we started to get teaser trailers where the anger and worry subsided. And while Nolan had more credibility as a director than Snyder does at this point, his legacy was far from secure, as despite the critical and financial success of Batman Begins, it still had its detractors. It was only after TDK was released when all questions over the casting of Ledger and Nolan's ability to knock it out of the park were finally silenced. The reason why I remember this is because I, too was skeptical of Ledger's casting and read quite a bit of those rants.

No, the reaction wasn't the same as with Ledger- there were your whining bitches as usual, but nearly everyone had faith in Nolan after Begins and knew Ledger was a solid actor, it's not the same as it was with Snyder and Affleck at all.

There was a lot of concern from people I know when I told them that Anne Hathaway was going to be Catwoman in TDKR. Lo and behold, she was one of the only good things about that film.

I want to agree with you here, but I take issue with your wording. Affleck is one of the better actors/directors in hollywood right now. The average moviegoer doesn't understand that, but that's because the average moviegoer is a stupid cunt.

Umm Cavill is 5 months older than Eisenberg. That's too much of a difference for you?

Hmmmm...was not aware off that, but I guess it's a little of prescence too...Eisenberg is too baby faced...there is a lack of gravitas...in any case, he doesn't seem to pair well next to Cavill...though that's my opinion.

Knowing Affleck is that much older doesn't help either...

This casting is definitely...interesting. Haven't seen Eisenberg's work yet so I'm not sure what to think. Jeremy Irons as Alfred should be good.

I just hope they pick someone suitable for Dick Grayson, if he's actually in this movie. I'm not a huge Superman fan so I'm ok with it if they monkey around with his stuff, but I hope they don't mess up any of the Gotham stuff.

I want to agree with you here, but I take issue with your wording. Affleck is one of the better actors/directors in hollywood right now. The average moviegoer doesn't understand that, but that's because the average moviegoer is a stupid cunt.

Affleck is a good director sure, but actor? Not really. Even him pointed out at his Golden Globes speech last year that he didn't hear anybody complaining about him being snubbed for best actor.

Plus, he's a good director, but he's far from being the next Orson Welles or something. Argo won the Oscar because of the connections and campaigning of him and Clooney, as well as the fact it's a story tailor made for Hollywood people to love (the Hollywood people end up being heroes and saving lives).

Affleck is a good director sure, but actor? Not really. Even him pointed out at his Golden Globes speech last year that he didn't hear anybody complaining about him being snubbed for best actor.

Plus, he's a good director, but he's far from being the next Orson Welles or something. Argo won the Oscar because of the connections and campaigning of him and Clooney, as well as the fact it's a story tailor made for Hollywood people to love (the Hollywood people end up being heroes and saving lives).

Affleck is no Daniel Day Lewis, but I think he's a good actor. I really liked him in The Town.

Mmm, I can't see Eisenberg as Luthor. He doesn't strike me as the type of person that would ever be that intimidating, but I suppose if he's a good enough actor he might do it (that voice though). I haven't seen any of his movies apart from the facebook one though, so who knows.

Yes, everyone wanted Heisenberg, instead we got Eisenberg. (thread title for the next one :))

I would probably watch the movie just for that, hopeless fanboy that I am.

I have a feeling w/ Jessie being cast, and batman being the "older" statesman, that LL is going to start/early days/just beginning. Kind of like Smallville try to do. I wouldn't be surprised if that he isn't the main villain.

Nobody got a comment on Gal Gadot as Wonder Women? She seems like a strange choice to me, defiantly not the Carter/Ryan mold.

Eisenberg just doesn't seem like the right choice. He's far too baby faced. Yes, i know him and Cavil are basically the same age, but they look worlds apart - Cavil looked the part as superman (more than Brandon Routh ever did), but I'd been hoping, like many others, for Cranston.

The casting for this movie has seemed off for me if I'm being honest. I'll admit I like Cavil as Superman, but since then every casting announcement has had me thinking 'really? That's who you're going with?'. it's not inspiring me as a viewer.

I have a feeling w/ Jessie being cast, and batman being the "older" statesman, that LL is going to start/early days/just beginning. Kind of like Smallville try to do. I wouldn't be surprised if that he isn't the main villain.

Nobody got a comment on Gal Gadot as Wonder Women? She seems like a strange choice to me, defiantly not the Carter/Ryan mold.

I think it makes sense that Luthor is a lot younger than Bruce Wayne. It may have been tricky to have two super genius megarich industrialist existing at the same time. I think Wayne will be the establishment and Luthor will be the the rookie with new ideas and approaches. It fits with MOS where Wayne has satellites and Lexcorp seems to be a haulage company.

I do think it's important to have a potential connection between Luthor and Wayne as that could be Luthor's "in" he knows who Superman is.

Wonder Woman casting wasn't what I hoped either. The actress has stated she will be training so that she does look like she can beat people up at least. I seem to be one of the few people who liked the idea of the movie amazonians being descendants of the Kryptonians from the the 10,000 year old ship that was stuck in the arctic. I think that's a great way of seeding powers and the possibility of interbreeding with humans could have watered it down. Hell, they could make some shit up where the Y chromosome of humans isn't compatible eg no amazonian powered men.

EDIT Cranston as Luthor was lazy fan-boy speculation as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure Cranston would be interested in doing Walter White as Luthor while I suspect that's all anyone who was championing him wanted. I wouldn't have complained about Cranston being cast but I think it would have led to disappointment. While it's not a popular choice to go for eisenberg it does show some imagination.

Funny I thought Routh looked the part, he/ that movie was just dull, and wood like.

He wasn't bad, I just think when you see HC in Man of Steel he's more of a match. It was never going to help Routh that Superman Returns just wasn't that good a movie imho.

But we all have different opinions - life would be very dull indeed if we all saw things the same way.

Archived