What about EuroCon (Shamrokon) 2014?

More good news!

I will be there and I'm bringing some special guests with me:

Miltos Yerolemou ~ Syrio Forel himself will be joining us for Game of Thrones discussion panels on Fri 22 Aug at 5 pm and 8 pm and at 3 pm on Sat 23 Aug.

Emma Andrews from the Game of Thrones Drapes & Embroidery Department will be hosting Dothraki Jewellery Workshops at 10 am, 12 pm and 5 pm on Sat 23 Aug. Tickets cost €4 each and are available at the venue from Fri 22 Aug. Places are limited to 12 in each workshop.

Looking forward to seeing you all there if not sooner in London for WorldCon :)

• 2 weeks later...

I make no promises about attending (work + errands + concrud), but I suggest hitting up O'Briens, which is just up the street from the Burlington/DoubleTree. If people are more familiar with the city, we can pick somewhere more central, but starting off near the hotel is often safer - and cheaper, transport-wise.

I am off to sleep, and may or may not see this in the morning. I have no attachment to this location or any other, so if somewhere else works better, just announce it. And pick a time.

It doesn't open until tomorrow, so I think a lot of people are still trickling in. Stuff the actual con nights might get more attention.

I might come to collect my badge & sign up to volunteer a little early, but otherwise I don't really plan on being around before the 5pm panels tomorrow.

I've arrived this afternoon. Sorry Renya, didn't catch your message in time. My ferry was late, so I only managed to do a quick highlights tour through the museum with Peadar. And got rained on.

So who's up for dinner and where and when do we meet?

Wish I could be there.

Just want to warn you. If your staying longer don't let Peadar take you on any "relatively easy for the chronically unfit*" walks.

especially if it involves getting in a car first. unless of course you really do want to visit the stair of Cirth Ungul

*also with person having very short legs so will slow you down lots kinda thing

Everyone coming to Shamrokon:

You WILL go to the Vault of Horror!

This. You will regret going, but in the best way possible. You will talk about what you've seen for the rest of the Con and beyond... I will certainly be going after fortifying myself with valium.

Just want to warn you. If your staying longer don't let Peadar take you on any "relatively easy for the chronically unfit*" walks.

especially if it involves getting in a car first. unless of course you really do want to visit the stair of Cirth Ungul

I was thinking of doing this tomorrow morning, but as I said to Alytha, I'm too knackered and the weather looks too miserable.

My flight arrives at 2.40 pm tomorrow so I expect to be at the hotel by around 3.30 pm with just a little time to get set before going a Game of Thrones panel at 5.00 pm. After that will be time for a quick dinner before moderating another Game of Thrones panel at 8.00 pm. I hope to see you all there for those.

To complete my programme I have a panel at 3.00 pm on Saturday about the Religions of Westeros - and Essos too for that matter.

My flight home is Sunday evening departing at 8.30 pm so I will probably have to leave right after the closing ceremony or maybe right before it, we'll see how it goes. Looking forward to it!

Archived