When did you start liking a universally disliked character?

The Fresh PtwP

I think one reason I don't think of Aegon as her Prince is because, real or fake, I don't expect him to last long. I don't know, maybe it's because I like both books and puppies that I still hold out on Willas for her, that could be the reason.

I do hope you are wrong if Aegon dies I'm left with no one to root for. Matter of fact if there's a universally hated character I like it's him though I don't think he's that hated. Oh there's also Tywin and Viserys but I don't like them as much as Aegon.

Arianne and Quentyn

Since when are they universally hated?

Perhaps universally was a bit of a stretch, but from what I've seen on these forums nearly nobody likes them, dismissing Arianne as a witless slut and Quentyn as a pointless and pathetic character. I love both of them, and find both very realistic and relatable. Anyway, if we're being picky here, nearly none of the characters listed before me are universally hated. I just saw a distinct lack of liking for either Arianne and Quentyn.

Perhaps universally was a bit of a stretch, but from what I've seen on these forums nearly nobody likes them, dismissing Arianne as a witless slut and Quentyn as a pointless and pathetic character. I love both of them, and find both very realistic and relatable. Anyway, if we're being picky here, nearly none of the characters listed before me are universally hated. I just saw a distinct lack of liking for either Arianne and Quentyn.

You are probably right overall I just more or less like both of them and wouldn't want to see them get that much hate. Hell, Arianne is amongst my 10 favorite characters.

When LF pushed Lysa: Only Cat (spartan style in my head)
When Jaime used his infamous fame to take bloodlessly those 2 castles.
I think Roose did what he had to do to survive and ppl hate him for it, but not me.
I hated Maergery until she stop playing the innocent virgin in front of Cercei in that cell.

Well... All the people I know still hate her, and the book reviewers in YouTube too, and the people that comment on their videos too, and fans I know from Instagram... So I guess you're doing a great work!

I'm Brazilian too, and everybody I know starts to like Sansa eventually. So, no.

Edit: Though I may add that I do have a hand on it.

Well... All the people I know still hate her, and the book reviewers in YouTube too, and the people that comment on their videos too, and fans I know from Instagram... So I guess you're doing a great work!

That's great for the people you know, and all those people, I guess... Doesn't change my opinion or my point. There are still people who like Sansa in Brazil, therefore making your point moot. On another note, I'm actually surprised at all those "haters." I personally find so childish to hate fictional characters.

Arianne is disliked by a part of the fandom who doesn't like Dorne, but, I agree, she is not universally hated. Many people, like me, find her very interesting, specially based on her TWOW sample chapter (in my case).

Few people like Quentyn for what I saw. Most are indifferent to him, a lot of people dislike him, overall he doesn't generate strong feelings about his person. He seems to be universally mocked though which I find really frustrating because I love him.

That's great for the people you know, and all those people, I guess... Doesn't change my opinion or my point. There are still people who like Sansa in Brazil, therefore making your point moot. On another note, I'm actually surprised at all those "haters." I personally find so childish to hate fictional characters.

I'm from Brazil too! But I know few people who read ASOIAF. I like Sansa. I found her very annoying in AGOT but started to like her from ACOK on.

I don't think it's childish to hate fictional characters. Fiction is important and the feelings and thoughts a work of art bring on us are part of what we are and what we believe in real life. :)

Arianne is disliked by a part of the fandom who doesn't like Dorne, but, I agree, she is not universally hated. Many people, like me, find her very interesting, specially based on her TWOW sample chapter (in my case).

Few people like Quentyn for what I saw. Most are indifferent to him, a lot of people dislike him, overall he doesn't generate strong feelings about his person. He seems to be universally mocked though which I find really frustrating because I love him.

I do not like Arianne but OTOH Quentyn i adore. I don't think he is universally hated rather most people are indifferent to him.

I do not like Arianne but OTOH Quentyn i adore. I don't think he is universally hated rather most people are indifferent to him.

I don't love Arianne. I just find her interesting to read about. The implication that she wants Quentyn to never return home makes me dislike her a little bit but also makes her more fascinating. She is not my favorite by any means though.

I love Quentyn too. I don't think he is universally hated but I do think he is generally disliked and frequently mocked.

I don't love Arianne. I just find her interesting to read about. The implication that she wants Quentyn to never return home makes me dislike her a little bit but also makes her more fascinating. She is not my favorite by any means though.

I love Quentyn too. I don't think he is universally hated but I do think he is generally disliked and frequently mocked.

Well there was this book poll not a long ago. Stannis won the poll, but Quentyn performed exceptionally well, he defeated Barristan and SANSA. I think he has fans but they are not loud you know, Quentyn fans don't post about Quentyn quite often. Poll

I find Arianne boring. But hey - tastes.

I really like Quentyn though. I think it's a character many people can relate to.

thats how it works. She is way too good for scum like him but she is all gaga over him and it makes no sense.

I have to agree. It was nauseating when she would gush over him and certainly played some small part in my dislike of her. I guess I shouldn't say "dislike", just that I began to like her less and less and Daario didn't help.

Well there was this book poll not a long ago. Stannis won the poll, but Quentyn performed exceptionally well, he defeated Barristan and SANSA. I think he has fans but they are not loud you know, Quentyn fans don't post about Quentyn quite often. Poll

Thank you. Didn't expect that but I'm glad. I'm glad Stannis won as well, even though I wouldn't expect anyone else.

I find Arianne boring. But hey - tastes.

I really like Quentyn though. I think it's a character many people can relate to.

Yeah the main reason I love Quentyn is because I can relate to him a lot. Well, not the dragontaming part... but the rest. Being not ugly but only average in looks, bring overshadowed by my friend, being quiet and shy, etc.

I also find Arianne to be a realistic character. I have a friend who is incredibly similar to her, what with the good looks, weakness for attractive guys, troubled relationship with parent, etc.

Most people love the Red Viper and Sand Snakes, but I personally like the more real and human characters from Dorne. I really hope they aren't cut from the show. I like Arianne and Quentyn more than such popular characters like Arya and Tyrion.

Yeah the main reason I love Quentyn is because I can relate to him a lot. Well, not the dragontaming part... but the rest. Being not ugly but only average in looks, bring overshadowed by my friend, being quiet and shy, etc.

I also find Arianne to be a realistic character. I have a friend who is incredibly similar to her, what with the good looks, weakness for attractive guys, troubled relationship with parent, etc.

Most people love the Red Viper and Sand Snakes, but I personally like the more real and human characters from Dorne. I really hope they aren't cut from the show. I like Arianne and Quentyn more than such popular characters like Arya and Tyrion.

:agree: Except that I like Arya more than Arianne but I'm all over your statement about the Dorne characters.

Archived