Who do you like more? Sansa or Arya?

The Imperator

Both cool, too different to really prefer one over the other. Arya's more gut-level fun but Sansa's more interesting intellectually.

She's stupid.

Nevermind, read that wrong, I thought it said, who are YOU more like, Sansa or Arya.

Obviously, more coffee required before I continue around here.

Usually we like characters or people that are like ourselves, so it's kind of the same question :D . It would be different if the question was, for example, "which character do you think is better"

I find it hard to believe how anyone could prefer Sansa but that is part of the greatness of the series I guess and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. With that said, I like Arya infinitely better than Sansa.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Well, instead of answering who I am most like, as I did before (Arya, minus the body count, and much more intouch with my feminine side, even before puberty, LOL), I'll answer the OPs query, and still, the answer is Arya. Sansa has grown on me, but Arya is the one I'm still more interested in and concerned for, as her arc continues. Not only is Arya my choice over Sansa, but Arya was the first character I had instant attachment to, I guess is the way to put it. Being as she was the first character I really connected with in the story might explain why she'll always win an either or contest with me.

Well, I find Arya more entertaining and more fascinating to be sure, but what with her training in the art of being a super-assassin, I'm not sure we'd get along these days in a buddy/buddy sense. Trained killers kinda scare me you know. Sansa at the beginning of the series was too silly and traditional for my tastes, (though, a lot of that was just her youth,) but I'm growing to like her more and more as the series progresses. Don't think she's as interesting as Arya but I'd probably enjoy a girl's night out with her more. Have to say, I'm enjoying them both deeply, and really want them to re-unite.

Wait which one is Sansa again?

Arya in Thrones

Arya in Kings

Alayne and Arya tie in swords

Alayne in Crows

Arya by default in Dance though I didn't really enjoy her chapters in the book and would have rather followed up on Alayne Stone who has an interesting arc going.

I don't know who this Sansa is but she can't hold a candle to Alayne

sansa without a question

arya is just so "fake" ,her story is a nice adventure fuled by plot armour , so i enjoy it but i'm not invested in it

while sansa is an experience of self discovery and growth of character which i find way more rewarding to me as a reader to watch her grow into a strong woman than what i get with arya

to put it simple , arya is like the movie Brave , it's a nice movie ,i enjoined it but I'm not watching it ever again

while sansa is princess Mononoke , which i loved and will never get tired or bored of watching

I don't know who this Sansa is but she can't hold a candle to Alayne

LOL. That's one thing for the books-Sansa's character arc is in some ways the most dramatic, as she grows from being a silly little girl to an exceedingly smart and strong young woman. It's arguably the best character growth for anyone in the series except maybe Jaime.

LOL. That's one thing for the books-Sansa's character arc is in some ways the most dramatic, as she grows from being a silly little girl to an exceedingly smart and strong young woman. It's arguably the best character growth for anyone in the series except maybe Jaime.

Jamie is another character that I hate besides Sansa. Neither character grew in a direction that I found compelling.

to put it simple , arya is like the movie Brave , it's a nice movie ,i enjoined it but I'm not watching it ever again

while sansa is princess Mononoke , which i loved and will never get tired or bored of watching

I love Arya but disliked Brave. I couldn't finish that Princess movie. Howl is better to me.

Sansa. I like both, but I feel like Sansa gets the more interesting character growth/development while Arya's story borders on the 'kickass tomboy' cliche mixed in with the traditional revenge storyline. I do like Arya's chapters in Braavos, though (it also helps that Braavos is my favorite of the Free Cities :D)

To be fair, my opinion is also slightly affected by having run into more than a few people on this forum who have bashed Sansa for not 'saving herself' while ignoring the fact that Arya - while definitely more independent - has also benefitted greatly from a series of mentor figures and protectors (Syrio, Yoren, Sandor).

Arya.

I'm not one of those "blame everything on Sansa" people, but besides feeling sorry for her for all the shit she's gone through, what's there to like? Nothing. Still waiting for that "character growth" someone mentioned. Unlike Jaime, where it's actually obvious, I'm still to witness it with Sansa. I still feel like if she were to do everything again, nothing would change besides maybe this time she won't pine after Joffrey(obviously), she'll probably still be the same naive girl dreaming of flowers and knights.

Archived