Who do you like more? Sansa or Arya?

The Imperator

I liked Arya more in the beginning, but Sansa has grown on me. It's an interesting trend Butterbumps. I notice a lot of people focus on GOT Sansa and have entirely dismissed her development. She is put in a situation where she is forced to be passive, and passive characters are viewed as weak. However, seeing inside her head I don't think of her as weak, and I see a great amount of strength of character. I think it's also the fact that in a typical novel she would have remained the dumb, pretty, clueless, bitch, and so people treat her accordingly. Meanwhile in the modern world we glorify the female badass warrior Arya, so of curse we love her storyline. However, each character is more than some 2d cliché and I love them all the more for it. I like the fact that both girls are two very different people, and I hope that they will reunite and be sisters, even just for a brief time. I think my head would explode from the awesomeness.

I wasn't replying to you.

Well, I know that was in response to me, but I didn't understand what point you were making either. I wasn't denying the existence of "Love Sansa, hate Arya" representatives in some objective sense. Here, at Weteros.org, in this thread that's actually conducting the poll, I was pointing out the trend of "love Arya, hate Sansa" and the absence of the reverse condition. I don't know what that has to do with live journal or tumblr.

Well, I know that was in response to me, but I didn't understand what point you were making either. I wasn't denying the existence of "Love Sansa, hate Arya" representatives in some objective sense. Here, at Weteros.org, in this thread that's actually conducting the poll, I was pointing out the trend of "love Arya, hate Sansa" and the absence of the reverse condition. I don't know what that has to do with live journal or tumblr.

Well, the forum likes to overanalyze everything.

It's as simple as I said it. I moreso see them over there than on here not that they don't exist.

Sansa, and It's not even close. Arya is on my top five, mind you, but I just can't relate to her the same way I do regarding Sansa. A poster before said she/he couldn't relate to Sansa, but could to Arya, and that's exactly how I feel on reverse. I adore Arya's arc, but Sansa's arc speaks to me. Also, In general, I find Sansa's arc more interesting. There were moments I could feel so much for Arya, (Post-Red Wedding chapter), but I always found her arc less compelling.

Well, the forum likes to overanalyze everything.

It's as simple as I said it. I moreso see them over there than on here not that they don't exist.

Ok, here's the thing. This thread is a poll. Rendering it a kind of statistical exercise. I'm really not sure what part of my post you are thinking was over-analytical. The fact that I took note of a trend in a thread that's basically a statistical exercise, despite the fact that I didn't make any sort of claim that this is ubiquitous or claim any broader external validity of that data to all fanbases or even the broader pages of westeros.org?

I'm still not quite following how noting that "love Sansa, hate Arya" exists in live journal and tumblr is anything but a non sequitor given that I never claimed its non-existence in some objective universal sense. I'm sure there are fan pages out there dedicated to Gregor Clegane sexual fetishes too, but I'd hardly count them in a poll canvasing Westeros.org opinion on hottest males.

Ok, here's the thing. This thread is a poll. Rendering it a kind of statistical exercise. I'm really not sure what part of my post you are thinking was over-analytical. The fact that I took note of a trend in a thread that's basically a statistical exercise, despite the fact that I didn't make any sort of claim that this is ubiquitous or claim any broader external validity of that data to all fanbases or even the broader pages of westeros.org?

I'm still not quite following how noting that "love Sansa, hate Arya" exists in live journal and tumblr is anything but a non sequitor given that I never claimed its non-existence in some objective universal sense. I'm sure there are fan pages out there dedicated to Gregor Clegane sexual fetishes too, but I'd hardly count them in a poll canvasing Westeros.org opinion on hottest males.

I meant seeing shit that isn't there and making something out of nothing. It's not that serious.

I meant seeing shit that isn't there and making something out of nothing. It's not that serious.

Well, first of all, the fact that there's-- in reality-- a bunch of posts in here expressing pretty severe dislike of Sansa with an Arya preference and none of the reverse condition isn't an observation based in reality?

What exactly are you having a problem with? That this was pointed out and you happen to be in the camp of "love Arya, hate Sansa" as per your posts? What does it matter? No one, least of all me, has made any character judgments on you or anyone else who felt that way. It's just an interesting trend and I'm sort of curious about that divergence in opinion.

You can love Arya, hate Sansa all you want without judgment-- there's nothing wrong with it. But please don't tell me that making an observation about this in a polling thread where it was abundantly clear is seeing something that's not there.

Well, first of all, the fact that there's-- in reality-- a bunch of posts in here expressing pretty severe dislike of Sansa with an Arya preference and none of the reverse condition isn't an observation based in reality?

What exactly are you having a problem with? That this was pointed out and you happen to be in the camp of "love Arya, hate Sansa" as per your posts? What does it matter? No one, least of all me, has made any character judgments on you or anyone else who felt that way. It's just an interesting trend and I'm sort of curious about that divergence in opinion.

You can love Arya, hate Sansa all you want without judgment-- there's nothing wrong with it. But please don't tell me that making an observation about this in a polling thread where it was abundantly clear is seeing something that's not there.

You're proving my point. I already lost interest.

Archived