GOODKIND V

Werthead

I shall go home in shame and flog myself bloody whilst re-reading the whole saga to make sure I am fully boned up on the details in future :blush:

Good, then you can take over the QotD while I go on a week long bender to recover.

As for the chicken that is not a chicken. Why do people keep asking about this? Its perfectly simple ok, the chicken that is not a chicken is in fact not a chicken at all but an evil chime released because of some world saving magic Richard performed at the end of the fourth book and the chicken that is not a chicken infiltrates a flock of real chickens in the fifth book, Soul of the Fire, but while the chicken that is not a chicken fools nearly everyone in the Mud People's village it does not fool Richard who recognises that it is not a real chicken even though it looks like a chicken because of the evil way it cocks its head. Even Kahlan thinks her man is losing it and does not believe that it is a chicken that is not a chicken but in fact a real chicken until the chicken that is not a chicken tries to kill her at which point she suddenly understands the concept of a chicken that is not a chicken. Can everybody here now please try to do the same and understand this simple concept - rant over, thank you.

Clear, concise, chicken-licious.

My thing is rising!!

How sad and pathetic of me to not remember every little detail of the masterpiece. I shall go home in shame and flog myself bloody whilst re-reading the whole saga to make sure I am fully boned up on the details in future :blush:

Just to be clear, it was major lack of plot point. Since to release the chimes had to be done in such precise and exact and formal manner it meant only a very simple but unique manner was neccesary to send them back whence they came.

IIRC, I read these books once and skipped major portions of Soul of Fire to get to the end. The distict lack of kinky sex kinda turned me off of the book. ;)

IIRC, I read these books once and skipped major portions of Soul of Fire to get to the end. The distict lack of kinky sex kinda turned me off of the book. ;)

Soul of the Fire only contains Terry's usual tales of rape and torture.

Thanks to all of you for enlightening me. So, the chicken that is not a chicken was a major plot point after all? And it was sitting there among other chickens (which presumably were chickens) in a chicken pen, with chicken wire, eating chicken feed, and doing what exactly? It cocked its head evilly? And somehow it tried to kill Kahalan? Mmh, maybe I'll put that scene in as a request for the next qotd (hopefully it turns out to be as entertaining as I imagine). Does the chicken which is not a chicken peck at Kahalan's toes or how? It boggles the mind.

I'm practically speechless at some of the QotD. Bestiality? Yet _more_ gang-rapes? Entirely fucked gender relations?

And _GRRM_ is the one who gets complaints about ASoIaF being a little too violent and sexual? W. T. F?

I wonder why so many Objectivist authors seem to have more than a few screws loose.

I'm practically speechless at some of the QotD. Bestiality? Yet _more_ gang-rapes? Entirely fucked gender relations?

And _GRRM_ is the one who gets complaints about ASoIaF being a little too violent and sexual? W. T. F?

I wonder why so many Objectivist authors seem to have more than a few screws loose.

Ran, you have no idea how many people get raped in this series. I could probably spend a months worth of QotD's on that alone. Hmm, now thats an interesting idea. :idea:

I have a good friend who is a fan of both writers (Martin and Goodkind) and kind of lumps them together because of it (the sex and violence, that is). Suffice it to say I stopped taking his recommendations of authors seriously long ago.

I've also noticed Eragon on his bookshelf. I've avoided bringing that up in conversation.

I have a good friend who is a fan of both writers (Martin and Goodkind) and kind of lumps them together because of it (the sex and violence, that is). Suffice it to say I stopped taking his recommendations of authors seriously long ago.

I've also noticed Eragon on his bookshelf. I've avoided bringing that up in conversation.

Your friend is rediculous. Everybody knows that Martin writes fantasy and Goodkind doesn't. Duh!

No, Moose. No it's not. :lol:

Oh c'mon. It'll be great, you'll see. And you'll spew! I think almost every book has at least one gang-rape scene that is at least implied. It's essential to the plot in some way I'm sure, as it is the only nasty thing that the bad guys are into but Richard is not. Richard and company will slaughter unarmed hippies, kill mean-spirited children, torture enemy captives out of spite, and drone on and on about their sides underlying philosophy (all things that Jagang and company do as well), but they won't rape people. This is how Terry distinguishes good from evil in this series (apparently).

Polaris, the chicken that is not a chicken has featured in two QotD's already, there isn't much more to say about it unfortunately. I'll try to find some links, though if anybody has them already that would be great.

eta: heres one

eta: here's the other

Thanks. I'm sorry, I didn't read the earlier threads, I just joined #5.

So he actually wrote this

In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken.

Amazing.

Oh c'mon. It'll be great, you'll see. And you'll spew! I think almost every book has at least one gang-rape scene that is at least implied. It's essential to the plot in some way I'm sure, as it is the only nasty thing that the bad guys are into but Richard is not. Richard and company will slaughter unarmed hippies, kill mean-spirited children, torture enemy captives out of spite, and drone on and on about their sides underlying philosophy (all things that Jagang and company do as well), but they won't rape people. This is how Terry distinguishes good from evil in this series (apparently).

Which I find a bit strange actually. For all those that have read the fountianhead. The "heroine" is raped by the "hero" shortly after they first meet. Yet end up completely in love with one another.

You know, MM.... now that I come to think of it, that's true.

Weird, but true.

Sexual violence is the dividing moral line in Goodkind books. (But then this is true in a lot other books and movies too.)

Ran, the problem is that GRRM merely presents such scenes, he doesn't lecture us about how evil these things are. ;)

Thanks. I'm sorry, I didn't read the earlier threads, I just joined #5.

So he actually wrote this

Amazing.

:lol: Everybody's reaction is the same, "He actually wrote this?" Nobody believes that somebody could get this trash published.

I'm a huge fan of this series, but I think we might need to inject something fresh and new into it. Errant Bard awhile back wrote ASOIAF as told by Goodkind, and it caused major physcological and/or ocular damage to many who read it. I think now, someone should try and write Sword of Truth as told by GRRM. I would pay to see Kahlan replaced by Arya in a rewrite of the Chicken Scene.

I suppose that it would begin with something like:

"Arya decided that the chicken was stupid..."

Then of course she would realize that the chicken was not a chicken but a Faceless Chicken!

Which I find a bit strange actually. For all those that have read the fountianhead. The "heroine" is raped by the "hero" shortly after they first meet. Yet end up completely in love with one another.

Yes, but she was a nymphomaniac. It's OK if she likes it.

Archived