The Hateful Eight- Tarantino's New Movie

AndyBaelish

Honestly, even though I'm sure I would've enjoyed The Hateful Eight, I'd rather see him make something else. I want to see a more modern crime tale along the lines of his first three.

That being said I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up just making The Hateful Eight in a few months.

Honestly, even though I'm sure I would've enjoyed The Hateful Eight, I'd rather see him make something else. I want to see a more modern crime tale along the lines of his first three.

That being said I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up just making The Hateful Eight in a few months.

It did seem a bit similar. The article i linked suggested he may try and turn it into a book. It also sounds like he's got something else in mind and it may be that he's wanting to do that first now.

Actually he'll probably still make Hateful Eight, the script leaking will probably make financing come together faster, and secured financing/green light will determine his next project, not his personal snit fit.

I'm fairly sure that he'll never have to worry about lack of financing unless he goes the M. Night. Shyamalanaman route.

• 6 months later...

So, they're gonna make the film and most of the cast seems to be set.

I just read the script and think it will make a pretty good movie. IT's only 2 (maybe you can say 3) locations in the whole movie and the whole thing builds on the suspense I guess. One thing in particular that was good was the ending. I think that will work very good on the big screen. But overall, it felt like a pretty straightforward tale. It's good, but it wasn't the brilliance I was hoping for. It's been described as a Reservoir Dogs in a western setting, and that's a good description. Although I don't think it will be quite as good as Reservoir Dogs. This movie was stuck at one place pretty much. Maybe too much?

Anyway, I like everything by QT and is really looking forward to this, And I agree, after this he should do a crime or gangster movie of some sort, going back to his roots in some ways.

• 3 months later...

Glad he decided to make it after all. Great cast, Michael Madsen, Tim Roth, Samuel L Jackson, Walton Goggins, Bruce Dern. Should be good.

The rest of the cast was revealed today.

1. Samuel L. Jackson as Major Marquis Warren

2. Kurt Russell as John “The Hangman” Ruth

3. Jennifer Jason Leigh as Daisy Domergue

4. Walton Goggins as Chris Mannix

5. Demian Bichir as Bob

6. Tim Roth as Oswaldo Mobray

7. Michael Madsen as Joe Gage

8. Bruce Dern as General Sanford Smithers

Also, Channing Tatum is in the movie. He isn't one of the titular eight, but it is apparently a "major role." He's the one the press are focusing on, but I'm more excited about Kurt Russell being in it.

• 6 months later...

For sure, Jackie Brown is still my favorite movie of his (besides True Romance but he didn't direct that). Still super excited for this. first images I hope the God Goggins has a meaty role

Tarantino + editor with teeth = great filmmaker. Unfortunately we've missed out on shorter, much better versions of Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds*, and Django Unchained. Seriously just take out a few bullshit scenes and shorten a few others and you have three masterpieces.

*the closest to being actually great as is.

For sure, Jackie Brown is still my favorite movie of his (besides True Romance but he didn't direct that). Still super excited for this. first images I hope the God Goggins has a meaty role

I think he will since he's one of the actual 8. This cast is stellar. Extremely hyped for this! :drool:

• 1 month later...

Archived