Watch the New Game of Thrones Trailer

Westeros

Well, it's more likely that Rorge's role in Brienne's storyline will be played by... Rorge, since he's coming back for season 4. Which makes more sense anyway. They just need to have him interact with her some before they meet again so they'll have some history before she kills him, and to generally remind the audience who he is and fully establish his depravity.

Brienne never met Rorge. It would make way far more sense for Rorge and Biter to be at the inn with Poliver, since they were both last seen in Harrenhall with the Mountain.

Where is Reek??? all I saw was a Theon :(

Reek pretends to be Theon when he treats with the Ironborne.

Some baby logic here but, if they ran out of book 3 material this comming season, thats puts them into book 4, but since 4 and 5 happen around the same chronoligcal point, this means they'll start book 5 material this season.

Did I see ADWD material in that trailer? I think I might have.

Is this common knowledge? I had no expectations to get into ADWD so early.

The moment that Bran gets North of the Wall he's in DwDs material. if you watched the season finale last season, then you saw him about 50 feet from getting north of the wall...

He's looking very good. Costuming is on point.

Not loving Jaime's shorter hair. In my opinion, he looked way better in Season 3, covered in mud and all.

(Barristan isn't a good adviser?) In response to Jorah sticking around, though, I guess they could always show Jorah giving her good advice and Dany choosing to ignore it.

Jorah doesn't have any way to find out about the betrayal because Barristan wasn't on the small council.

Random Dany supporter (Unsullied without armor?) being attacked by the Sons of the Harpy.

Guy wearing a tokar supporting Dany? No.

This is slaves uprising against masters in Mareen.

Lol how? He has until 2017 until the show catches up to the books.

2014- Second half of ASOS

2015- First half of AFOC and ADWD

2016- Second half of AFOC and ADWD

So if he releases the book before the April of 2017 he should be fine (as long as he gives and advance copy to the showrunners so they can actually make the season in 2016).

First of all there's not "half" a book left of SoS this season, there's maybe 1/3. The storylines of most characters will get into FFC/DwD material this year.

There isn't anything. I am holding on (in sheer desperation) hoping that it is just unseen as of yet. No Daario at all, hoping for him too. It was a rather short trailer. Regardless, it is going t be one bada** season.

Daario is in the trailer, he's being charged at from the guy on the horse charging at Dany and company...

Not quite, but it may well be by next season.

Battle of Mareen season 5 episode 9 event, it's got to happen or they have to cut out a battle of Ice or Fire, which just makes no sense at all.

Well you have to think for season 4, regarding Sansa ...

We'll get a pre-PW scene

We'll get one or two scenes during the PW

We'll get her escape

We'll get her boat ride or some equivilent

We'll get her arriving in the Fingers, or the Vale, depending on how it all pans out

We'll have her meeting Lysa and thinking, naively, she finally has a home to look forward to

We'll have one or two interactions with sweet Robin

We'll have the snow castle scene

And we'll probably end with the kiss and Lysa getting pushed out the moon door ...

That's more action than she saw in season 3

In season 5:

- Probably more development with the Vale Lords

- If Marlion or some version turns up, we'll have the reaction to him being used as a catspaw

- Sansa acting as Sweet Robin's surrogate mother

- Sansa learning more from the game master

- Sansa (hopefully) getting some development with Mya Stone (or an equivilent)

- The descent from the Vale

- Harrold Hardying could be introduced as early as next season in order to develop the character early on.

There's plenty of Sansa material to cover. Her material this season just can't really be covered in the trailer for the obvious reasons.

I actually think this season might be an opportunity for Sophie Turner to shine, depending on how much screen time she was given.

This trailer is sweet as hell. Red Viper looks nothing like what I imagined, but I am totally into him anyway. Emilia Clarke totally nails it. It's good to hear Peter Dinklage's silly accent again. :D

If the show threatens to overtake the books, D&D can always pull a Walking Dead and insert two seasons' worth of Jon and Alliser arguing forcefully with each other while the rest of the black brothers search in vain for Benjen and Sam discovers wights locked up in Castle Black's storerooms.

If the show threatens to overtake the books, D&D can always pull a Walking Dead and insert two seasons' worth of Jon and Alliser arguing forcefully with each other while the rest of the black brothers search in vain for Benjen and Sam discovers wights locked up in Castle Black's storerooms.

XD brilliant and so true. And yet the sad thing is... I'd actually like to see this, and it would be a million times better than The Walking Dead.

:laugh:

It's good to hear Peter Dinklage's silly accent again. :D

And Aidan Gillen's Littlefinger accent...such as it is.

XD brilliant and so true. And yet the sad thing is... I'd actually like to see this, and it would be a million times better than The Walking Dead.

Someone pointed out that the last season of TWD was almost entirely filler to delay the inevitable big confrontation in the finale, and it's absolutely true. Maybe D&D were taking notes for when they start running out of material. :D

Sansa's Season 4 storyline, assuming it ends where I think it ends (end of ASOS), does seem a bit thin, even accounting for the obligatory two or three episodes Sansa misses every year, the fact that 4x09 is devoted to the Wall battle, and the fact that the writers haven't really focused that much on Sansa in past seasons.

I wasn't referring to Season 4; I think she's fine there, between the escape (episodes 1-3), traveling with Littlefinger, getting the lay of the land (Lysa, Robin, Royce & Waynwood), the the final confrontation.

I was referring to the idea being advanced by the poster that Sansa's three chapters in AFFC can somehow be made to last two seasons, which is blatantly impossible, as they would barely suffice for one.

All of the Stark kids' chapters in AFFC/ADWD (even Arya, who has the most) are really only a step above placeholders (which isn't to say I don't like them; Sansa's three chapters have some of my favourite stuff with her, for instance; but they're primarily psychological mood pieces). Those are the characters who would have proceeded most smoothly over the five year gap before it was scrapped, and the idea that those characters could spin their wheels for two years on the basis of those chapters is not remotely credible to me.

Listen to the first voice in the trailer?

Does that not sound exactly like Dominic West?

Could it be that he was secretly cast as Euron with one appearance this season?

Please let this be true HBO,

Now that you mention it, holy shit. It does sound like him! But still, highly doubt it.

Listen to the first voice in the trailer?

Does that not sound exactly like Dominic West?

Could it be that he was secretly cast as Euron with one appearance this season?

Please let this be true HBO,

That would be the greatest surprise ever. I love Dominic West (I've only seen him in The Wire though) and was very disappointed when he turned down the role of Mance. I have a feeling that such an important character and casting would have been made public though.

That would be the greatest surprise ever. I love Dominic West (I've only seen him in The Wire though) and was very disappointed when he turned down the role of Mance. I have a feeling that such an important character and casting would have been made public though.

Well it would be good if it was a surprise. I love surprises.

Now that you mention it, holy shit. It does sound like him! But still, highly doubt it.

They kept Jason Momoa's return in season 2 a surprise, didn't they?

Either way, I'm so fucking excited.

I was referring to the idea being advanced by the poster that Sansa's three chapters in AFFC can somehow be made to last two seasons.

Eh, the writers will manage. A lot of those chapters is Littlefinger speechifying, and the writers have been happy to throw in non-book scenes where Littlefinger talks shop and preens about his own cleverness.

I'm kind of amused that the mysterious voice in the trailer is so generic that no one can identify it positively. At least when Peter Dinklage and Aidan Gillen are speaking, we know it's them. :D

First of all there's not "half" a book left of SoS this season, there's maybe 1/3. The storylines of most characters will get into FFC/DwD material this year.

I'm doubtful. This season's storylines will most likely climax with

Arya leaving Westeros, "Only Cat", Tyrion's escape and the LC election at the Wall.

Bran, Theon and Daenerys are the only ones with ADWD material this year, and Brienne for AFFC. So, this season is still 90% ASOS.

Archived