Watch the New Game of Thrones Trailer

Westeros

-the aftermath of either Castle Black or Moat Cailin. I can't tell whether it's Theon on that horse with the white banner

-A parlay? Could it be Jon and Mance? There's not enough snow though, so I doubt it.

Same banners, Ramsey meeting with Roose after Moat Cailin methink.

-Bran by a heart tree?

He has the same look as when he is warging Summer. Hoping for a greensight ...

-Theon not looking decrepit at all....

IIRC, Theon had a presentable look at Moat Cailin to discuss with the Ironborns.

It just hit me, that person in cloaks at 0:50 everyone has been wondering about - That is a GIANT during the battle at the wall, look at the framework, it's the same as where the Night Watch "goes below" - the main gate where Donal fought the giant and they killed each other - I bet Ser Alliser will be in that scene, and will kill this giant. Look at how tall the character is, his head is almost hitting the frames of the tunnel beneath the wall. Pausing it, looking it his face - yep, I'm sure that's a giant.

Random Dany supporter (Unsullied without armor?) being attacked by the Sons of the Harpy.

No, I think he's a member of one of the rich slaver families being killed in the slave revolt. You can see the words "KILL THE MASTERS" written in blood on the wall behind him.

GRRM has to release TWOW by next year because the show has pretty much caught up!

Lol how? He has until 2017 until the show catches up to the books.

2014- Second half of ASOS

2015- First half of AFOC and ADWD

2016- Second half of AFOC and ADWD

So if he releases the book before the April of 2017 he should be fine (as long as he gives and advance copy to the showrunners so they can actually make the season in 2016).

Things I loved:

- Dany showing her true, arrogant and semi-delusional colours.

- Jorah's line about good and evil was great (I wish they didn't show Stannis during it though -_-)

- That parley scene between the Boltons (?) and Baratheons (?) looks epic, but I don't know what it will be.

- Meereen looks really nice, although I imagined it as large with white marble for some reason.

- Jaime getting Oathkeeper!!!

- Jon's awesome line that finally shows his true leadership skills.

- Goldenhand!!! Yay!!!

- Bran and the weirwood shot looked really nice and northerny (not that that's a word)

- Boltons in Winterfell!!! That's my favourite storyline in the whole series, I hope they so it justice.

- Oberyn looks fucking badass, and meets my expectations so far. I love his Martell shirt

- The fight looks amazing, I don't care about the naysayers with the whole flip thing. Perfectly in fitting with Oberyn's character.

- Yes Cersei, you certainly will burn your House to the ground soon

- The White Book!!!

- Alliser Thorne seems...... pretty badass??? I'm starting to like him honestly...

- Jon being a boss in a dark forest with Longclaw. Should be epic.

- The Eyrie covered in snow looks beautiful, and so does "Alayne" in her cloak.

- The Inn of the Crossroads fight! Gonna be badass.

- Tyrion's awesome finishing line.

- STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!

Things I'm not too happy about:

- Not a big fan of Jaime's new hair (and I'm a guy!) but I get why they did it.

- I'm getting a bad feeling about Stannis' portrayal again this season...

- I guess Yara is continuing with her stupid mission.

- Rast giving the baby to the White Walkers is a bit weird, but I guess it kind of makes sense.

- Theon looks waaaaaaaay too much like normal Theon. I don't see any Reek at all.

- Ramsay having sex (and getting slapped?!) by some random woman??

Actually, just rewatched the trailer (for the thirtieth time 😜) and I'm certain that that meeting is between Roose and Ramsay. On closer inspection both banners are Bolton, so I'm guessing this is Ramsay meeting with Roose after Theon clears out Moat Cailin. Anything with more Roose is welcome to me. That guy is a legend.

- That parley scene between the Boltons (?) and Baratheons (?) looks epic, but I don't know what it will be.

- Meereen looks really nice, although I imagined it as large with white marble for some reason.

I'd say that's the scene at Moat Cailin: both armies have Bolton flags (Ninja'd!)

The city with the dragon shadow is King's Landing; notice the Red Keep. Now, what's with the dragon is anyone's guess... (Unless you're speaking of Dany's throne room?)

Actually, just rewatched the trailer (for the thirtieth time ) and I'm certain that that meeting is between Roose and Ramsay. On closer inspection both banners are Bolton, so I'm guessing this is Ramsay meeting with Roose after Theon clears out Moat Cailin. Anything with more Roose is welcome to me. That guy is a legend.

I'd say that's the scene at Moat Cailin: both armies have Bolton flags (Ninja'd!)

The city with the dragon shadow is King's Landing; notice the Red Keep. Now, what's with the dragon is anyone's guess...

Will we finally see the long-waited arrival of the pink Bolton cloak?

The voice at the start is most likely Meryn Trant but could be Edmure Tully.

It sounds more like Meryn but Edmure had that raspy voice last season, and could make sense.

Like in a conversation while imprisoned and he doesnt know Robb is dead he just assumes he is imprisoned too.

The voice at the start is most likely Meryn Trant but could be Edmure Tully.

It sounds more like Meryn but Edmure had that raspy voice last season, and could make sense.

Like in a conversation while imprisoned and he doesnt know Robb is dead he just assumes he is imprisoned too.

Tobias Menzies isn't back this season, as far as we know.

Is it just me or do the production values, costumes and lighting look even more gorgeous and expensive than previous seasons? Everything seems more luscious and polished and crisp. Game of Thrones truly has no rival when it comes to beautiful production values.

Lol how? He has until 2017 until the show catches up to the books.

2014- Second half of ASOS

2015- First half of AFOC and ADWD

2016- Second half of AFOC and ADWD

So if he releases the book before the April of 2017 he should be fine (as long as he gives and advance copy to the showrunners so they can actually make the season in 2016).

Ha, even the people who think the Jon/Dany/Tyrion plots should be stretched out over two seasons admit that the rest of the cast will finish their book 4/5 material by the time season 5 is over. There's no way Sansa, Arya, Bran, Davos, Jaime, Brienne, etc. have two full seasons of story. Bran doesn't even have one.

Archived