Stubby

GoT Actors in Other Stuff - Part 2

578 posts in this topic

Melessa Tarly (Samantha Spiro) guested in the Doctor Who finale 'The Doctor Falls' over the weekend.

I think that brings the tally of GoT actors in Who to 36.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if anyone has said this, but I was watching Tombraider yesterday and noticed Ian Glenn is the villain and the guy who cut Jaime's hand off is one of Lara Croft's sidekicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Littlefinger, and Roose Bolton starred in King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I just watched Valkyrie for like the 4th time and only now realised that Carice Van Houten is Colonel Von Stauffenberg's wife. I did think it looked a bit like her while I was watching then after I went on IMDB to look at the cast to identify some of the other actors and saw that it indeed was her.

I also stumbled across a young Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen Reed) as a young Hitler in that dramatised documentary Hitler - The Rise of Evil, that's the one with Robert Carlyle 

Edited by Stuart Littlefinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Richard Madden(King in the North) played the lead role in Medici masters of florence

 

There was an interesting scene where David Bradley(walder frey) played the father of a girl Richard was pushed to marry, and they looked into each others eyes for a brief time...maybe a nod to GoT, lol, and then hugged. Was sorta mind blowing.

Edited by of man and wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 18/08/2017 at 11:16 PM, Stuart Littlefinger said:

I just watched Valkyrie for like the 4th time and only now realised that Carice Van Houten is Colonel Von Stauffenberg's wife. I did think it looked a bit like her while I was watching then after I went on IMDB to look at the cast to identify some of the other actors and saw that it indeed was her.

I also stumbled across a young Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen Reed) as a young Hitler in that dramatised documentary Hitler - The Rise of Evil, that's the one with Robert Carlyle 

I remember watching Valkyrie back when I hadn't even heard about Game of Thrones. Outside of the realm of TV/cinema, I really like to listen to Carice van Houten's music. There isn't much out there but I kind of like it.

Wow, Brodie-Sangster as Hitler is something that I'm having a hard time picturing :D

Anyone watching The Good Fight? I'm curious about how Rose Leslie is doing in her role.

Edited by Aderyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nikolaj Coster Waldau looking ripped in Shot caller.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A while back I saw an ad for a hotel group & the "spokesman" (a character really) looked very familiar. Recently I stayed at one of those hotels & got a look at a picture of that guy...sure enough it was the actor who plays Tormand Giantsbane.

Edited by Winds of Winter blow cold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richard Dormer aka Beric Dondarrion, is the lead in “Rellik,” a BBC and Cinemax serial-killer thriller written by Harry and Jack Williams, the creators of “The Missing.”

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone mentioned DIana Rigg joining Victoria this season?

I've only watched the first episode, but it's pretty strange casting. Diana Rigg is basically written as Olenna Tyrell. The real Duchess of Buccleuch was 30 years old, deeply religious, a "lifelong romantic", and an agreeable woman who became Victoria's best friend.

It's also the only role I've seen her in since her return from retirement in 2013 (for Doctor Who) where she's basically just playing Olenna. It seems like a waste, given her range. But maybe she'll do more with it in later episodes.

I think the only other actor Victoria and GoT have in common is Guy Oliver-Watts, who had a minor recurring role as Sir James Hayter in S1 of Victoria, and was a unnamed Lannister general this year, although I think his scenes were cut from all but the last episode. (Victoria and Doctor Who, on the other hand…)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Doctor Who, David Bradley (Walder Frey), after playing First Doctor actor William Hartnell in the 50th anniversary docudrama An Adventure in Space and Time, is now playing the actual First Doctor in this year's Christmas special.

A friend of mine who doesn't watch GoT regularly wanted to know why Ashildr was impersonating the Doctor at the start of this season.

Also, someone posted a list of GoT/DW crossovers earlier, but only included connections from the 2005 series. Most of the older cast members were on the classic (1963-1989) series or involved in the "wilderness years" between 1989-2005 in some way, just because most British actors old enough to play an older person were on the show at some point in its 26+ years. Rather than list them all:

  • Earliest (I think): Julian Glover (Pycelle) playing Richard the Lionheart in The Crusade in 1965 (he's also Scaroth in City of Death, maybe the most famous one-off villain in the classic series, the one who was unstuck in time and secretly had a head made of green spaghetti).
  • Last: RIchard E. Grant (Izembaro) playing the Ninth Doctor in the 2003 animated pilot Scream of the Shalka.
  • Most crossovers: Richard E. Grant (Izembaro), Jim Broadbent (Archmaester Ebrose), and Jonathan Pryce (High Sparrow) as Ninth Doctor, Tenth Doctor, and Master in the 1999 semi-official parody The Curse of Fatal Death.

Also, the shortlist for the Eighth Doctor included Jonathan Pryce (High Sparrow), Liam Cunningham (Davos), and Tim McInnerny (Robett Glover).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Ser Jorah in that Resident Evil movie for the five minutes I watched it, up until he gets his hand cut off by the main character chick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 0:40 AM, falcotron said:

Speaking of Doctor Who, David Bradley (Walder Frey), after playing First Doctor actor William Hartnell in the 50th anniversary docudrama An Adventure in Space and Time, is now playing the actual First Doctor in this year's Christmas special.

A friend of mine who doesn't watch GoT regularly wanted to know why Ashildr was impersonating the Doctor at the start of this season.

Also, someone posted a list of GoT/DW crossovers earlier, but only included connections from the 2005 series. Most of the older cast members were on the classic (1963-1989) series or involved in the "wilderness years" between 1989-2005 in some way, just because most British actors old enough to play an older person were on the show at some point in its 26+ years. Rather than list them all:

  • Earliest (I think): Julian Glover (Pycelle) playing Richard the Lionheart in The Crusade in 1965 (he's also Scaroth in City of Death, maybe the most famous one-off villain in the classic series, the one who was unstuck in time and secretly had a head made of green spaghetti).
  • Last: RIchard E. Grant (Izembaro) playing the Ninth Doctor in the 2003 animated pilot Scream of the Shalka.
  • Most crossovers: Richard E. Grant (Izembaro), Jim Broadbent (Archmaester Ebrose), and Jonathan Pryce (High Sparrow) as Ninth Doctor, Tenth Doctor, and Master in the 1999 semi-official parody The Curse of Fatal Death.

Also, the shortlist for the Eighth Doctor included Jonathan Pryce (High Sparrow), Liam Cunningham (Davos), and Tim McInnerny (Robett Glover).

I also remember Glover in the 1982 version of Ivanhoe, where he played the Black Knight/King Richard I Lionheart.

Iwan Rheon as Maximus in Inhumans.

Sophie Turner as Adeline March/Young Vida Winter in The Thirteenth Tale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 2:27 PM, Angel Eyes said:

I also remember Glover in the 1982 version of Ivanhoe, where he played the Black Knight/King Richard I Lionheart.

Yeah, he played Richard I at least twice, but to be fair, he's played just about everyone in English history (starting with Aethlstane, the king before whom there was no such thing as English), so he had to double up somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new series "Philip K Dick's Electric Dreams" (now up to episode 3) is featuring a few GoT actors.

Richard Madden was in the first episode while Davos Seaworth & Lady Crane are in episode 6.  Oona Chaplin's mother starred in episode 2 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tobias Menzies (Edmure Tully) was in the 2007 BBC adaptation of Persuasion as William Elliot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ronin (1998): 

Sean Bean as Spence

Jonathan Pryce as Seamus O'Rourke

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kit Harington is playing Robert Catesby in the short series Gunpowder (which he also co-produced) - BBC (UK), worth watching and nearly as gory as GoT.  Catesby, who led the 'Gunpowder Plot' to destroy Parliament and assassinate King James I, is one of Kit's distant ancestors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now