Put away the GNC, we already have a new King in the North

Salinda

I don't get why people are going to great lengths to theorize the crowning of a new Stark King in the North, when we already have a King who is helping the North

A King who unlike his predecessor, saved the North instead of dooming it for his own vengeance and ill-thought out independence

A King who threw out the Ironborn and gave Deepwood back to the Glovers while during the reign of the pretender, the Ironborn invaded, pillaged and raped

A King who rode to the defence of the Night's Watch and saved the North from being overrun with wildlings while the so called King of Winter was aimlessly razing the Westerlands, without even cluing his loyal man in on his grand strategy, wasting Northern lives for nothing

A King who rode to Lady Arya's rescue (even though she is fake), and whose loyal Hand is risking his life to restore a Stark to Winterfell, while the boy caused the ruin of his ancestral home and death of his smallfolk thanks to his choices, and left his sister to rot so as to keep Jaime Lannister his own

A King who is bringing justice down upon the Boltons, instead of being like the southron day dreamer who was oggling some western broad while Roose played with Northern lives under his nose

A Mannis who is cleaning up Robb's mess and can't get any appreciation for it!

So why do people want the Northerners to betray Stannis and kick him out of the North? How can anyone be this ungrateful? If I lived in the North, I'd be cheering his name right now. Jon? He belongs on the Wall. Rickon? Let him be Lord, not a King. It's clear that GRRM meant for Stannis to be the only King the North needs

In Stannis we trust

Well, gee. When you put it that way...STANNIS!

Just get that crazy lady of his to stop burning weirwoods and let the people have their Old Gods.

Well he is changing you know, in the last chapter i think he tells his men to pray harder instead of burning of people. Her influence is waning for good.

If we could get him away from Mel, I'd be willing to support his claim. Fact is the sob kinda grows on you after a while.

But if I were Stannis, I'd like to further cement my claim by fostering Rickon as my ward, and POSSIBLY, (if in years to come it seems like a good match) marrying him to Shireen.

You should. Let Stannis be the King of a ugly chair in the South, the title of King in the North has been carried by a Stark and only a Stark for millenniums I think the Northern Lords would like to keep it that way.

There should be no Kingdom in the North, it should be part of the Iron Throne

What has Northern independence brought but death, and ruin? It's a foolish idea. The Starks should return to ruling the North while pleadging fealty to the King on the Iron Throne. It's what Ned would have wanted, and what his imbeciilic son didn't understand

Robb may have screwed things up royally, but it's not too late for the Northerners to see the light

But if I were Stannis, I'd like to further cement my claim by fostering Rickon as my ward, and POSSIBLY, (if in years to come it seems like a good match) marrying him to Shireen.

NO

Nothing good ever happens for the Starks when they get entangled with the Baratheons, the gods saw fit to make sure this never came to be first with Lyanna and Robert than that false Baratheon monster Joffery and Sansa so I'm hoping Rickon and Shireen is a no no no

The honor of Stannis going through official coronation and sitting the iron throne as King Stannis I really pales in prestige and honor to the other title he's in line to claim:

Honorary Northman

Stannis is a hard dude. He's about to experience a real motherfucker of a Northern Winter and his plan for keeping warm during it is Kicking Some Bolton Ass.

He's already kicked out the Ironborn (except for the forgotten by seemingly everyone Dagmer Cleftjaw). If he can throw preservation of Weirwood Forests and Pulling A Rickon Out Of A Hat into the bargain, he'll all set.

Stannis might not be the king that the North deserves, but he's the king that the North needs? Or something. I don't know.

But even if he is a King in the North, he's not the King In The North. Even he wouldn't want that title. He's got his heart set on the Iron Throne.

NO

Nothing good ever happens for the Starks when they get entangled with the Baratheons, the gods saw fit to make sure this never came to be first with Lyanna and Robert than that false Baratheon monster Joffery and Sansa so I'm hoping Rickon and Shireen is a no no no

Umm.. it wasn't Robert that doomed Ned, it was Ned's own stupidity. In fact, it was Ned who killed him. When Robert and Ned came together, they brought down justice upon the Targaryens for their heinous crimes. Now a Baratheon is helping the Starks once again. So how is it that you think only bad things come when they ally with them? In fact, it's when they don't ally with them that bad things happen (like the near ruin of their house)

And Joffrey is no Baratheon

NO

Nothing good ever happens when they march on the south. I actually laughed out loud reading TPATQ when

it's reported the Starks/northmen suffer the heaviest casualties.

How are they even still alive? lol

Umm.. it wasn't Robert that doomed Ned, it was Ned's own stupidity. In fact, it was Ned who killed him. When Robert and Ned came together, they brought down justice upon the Targaryens for their heinous crimes. Now a Baratheon is helping the Starks once again. So how is it that you think only bad things come when they ally with them? In fact, it's when they don't ally with them that bad things happen (like the near ruin of their house)

And Joffrey is no Baratheon

No it was Robert who couldn't run a Kingdom and let it go to shit by letting scum, murderers, and monsters grab power in his court and it's part his fault that there is a war called TWot5Ks than he drags Ned into his mess because he is incapable of acting like a person with responsibilities.

And no the Starks are in better shape at surviving than the Baratheons there is only Stannis, Shireen and a couple of bastards that aren't even part of the story

At least the Starks have Jon(I hope he's still alive), Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon still standing

Archived