Put away the GNC, we already have a new King in the North

Salinda

No it was Robert who couldn't run a Kingdom and let it go to shit by letting scum, murderers, and monsters grab power in his court and it's part his fault that there is a war called TWot5Ks than he drags Ned into his mess because he is incapable of acting like a person with responsibilities.

And no the Starks are in better shape at surviving than the Baratheons there is only Stannis, Shireen and a couple of bastards that aren't even part of the story

At least the Starks have Jon(I hope he's still alive), Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon still standing

Robert had his faults, but you can't say that he doomed Ned or the Starks. Ned took the offer when he could have refused. Ned decided to mess everything up by being "honorable" (a synonym for ineptitude it seems), Ned was the one who altered Robert's dying wish and tried to run a failed coup. The Baratheons had nothing to do with Ned and his follies

And the Starks are in a better shape? If numbers is all that matters. Arya is in Braavos, Bran is in a cave, Sansa is Littlefinger's pet and Jon is MIA. Rickon however is being rescued from Cannibal island by none other than a Baratheon servant. Face it, without Stannis the North would be bowing to Bolton and Frey and House Stark would wallow in it's own failure until it ceased to exist. House Baratheon has done more to help the North and the Starks than your precious Ned or Robb who were complete morons. That's a fact

There should be no Kingdom in the North, it should be part of the Iron Throne

What has Northern independence brought but death, and ruin? It's a foolish idea. The Starks should return to ruling the North while pleadging fealty to the King on the Iron Throne. It's what Ned would have wanted, and what his imbeciilic son didn't understand

Robb may have screwed things up royally, but it's not too late for the Northerners to see the light

the north being it own kingdom is best for it...if robb had just forsaken the riverlords and marched back to the north, garrisoning and rebuiding moat caitlin along the way, the south would have to nearly destroy its military strength to reclaim the north as part of the seven kingdoms

think about it...the northmen worship different gods, have a completely different style of life, and their culture is completely different from every other kingdom. Im not saying that the rest of the 7 kingdoms should be ruled independently, because they are closely associated with each other while the north is far removed from the happenings in the south

There should be a king in the north and it will be a stark

No. Jon in the north and Stanaerys in the south.

Not even a Stark, a bastard. You want to forsake a true Northern hero for some green boy Commander who would be the second coming of Robb. Who couldn't run the Night's Watch for a year without being stabbed by his own subordinates

Please, god no

the north being it own kingdom is best for it...if robb had just forsaken the riverlords and marched back to the north, garrisoning and rebuiding moat caitlin along the way, the south would have to nearly destroy its military strength to reclaim the north as part of the seven kingdoms

think about it...the northmen worship different gods, have a completely different style of life, and their culture is completely different from every other kingdom. Im not saying that the rest of the 7 kingdoms should be ruled independently, because they are closely associated with each other while the north is far removed from the happenings in the south

There should be a king in the north and it will be a stark

The North being its own Kingdom has been nothing but bad for it as we've seen. And no the South wouldn't break itself on Moat Cailin even if Robb abadoned the River Lords, The North can be sailed into, and invaded by the Royal Fleet in addition to the Ironborn. It's simply a bad idea

For 300 years this different culture and different gods thing hasn't stopped the North from bowing to the Targaryens. It isn't worth the lives of more Northeners just so that they can say that they're independent

There shouldn't be a King in the North ever again. Think about it, if you were a peasant whose son died in Robb's failed war, would you want to start it up again so you can point on a map and say "we bend to no King but a Stark"?

Robert had his faults, but you can't say that he doomed Ned or the Starks. Ned took the offer when he could have refused. Ned decided to mess everything up by being "honorable" (a synonym for ineptitude it seems), Ned was the one who altered Robert's dying wish and tried to run a failed coup. The Baratheons had nothing to do with Ned and his follies

And the Starks are in a better shape? If numbers is all that matters. Arya is in Braavos, Bran is in a cave, Sansa is Littlefinger's pet and Jon is MIA. Rickon however is being rescued from Cannibal island by none other than a Baratheon servant. Face it, without Stannis the North would be bowing to Bolton and Frey and House Stark would wallow in it's own failure until it ceased to exist. House Baratheon has done more to help the North and the Starks than your precious Ned or Robb who were complete morons. That's a fact

Stannis would've been crushed in the North without Jon's advice and Ned and Robb won more battles than Stannis have let's not forget that.

And yes Arya is in Braavos learning how to be an assassin she'll be able to kill her enemies faster than Stannis

Sansa practically has an untouched army at her call who wanted to go to war for the Starks not Stannis

Bran is learning magic and how to do more damage from a seat than with a sword and he is more protected than any Baratheon

Rickon is on an island that by law and custom has been sworn to his family for years so far I think he might just have an army at his call to

Jon is probably lying face down in the snow waiting to be reborn into a world savior thingy of a third dragon and about to become all man and no boy(I hope) I kid, he'll probably wake up all harsh and stuff

Seriously though Stannis ain't doing anybody any favors the Northern lords were already getting ready to kill the Boltons and Freys, Stannis is already late

Stannis would've been crushed in the North without Jon's advice and Ned and Robb won more battles than Stannis have let's not forget that.

What are all these battles Ned won? The Battle of the Trident, which basically ended when a Baratheon killed the opposite army's leader? The Battle of the Bells, which Hoster Tully also commanded? Put that against the Siege of Dragonstone, Battle of Fair Isle, Battle of Castle Black and Battle of Deepwood Motte, all of which were Stannis victories. The Battle of Winterfell will likely follow.

And yes Arya is in Braavos learning how to be an assassin she'll be able to kill her enemies faster than Stannis

Shadow assassins work pretty quick. And I doubt Arya will finish her training.

Sansa practically has an untouched army at her call who wanted to go to war for the Starks not Stannis

They wanted to go to war to avenge Jon Arryn. It wasn't "for the Starks," the Starks just happened to have the same enemy as them. And Sansa hardly has an army at her disposal right now. The Vale follows Arryns first and foremost.

And Jon would be dead without him. He owes him no favours

She better learn fast, because they're all dying on their own without her say so :lol:

That's a funny way of spelling Littlefinger

Bran is learning magic and how to do more damage from a seat than with a sword and he is more protected than any Baratheon

What's going to liberate Winterfell pray tell, Bran's powers or Stannis' army? :cool4:

Rickon is on an island that by law and custom has been sworn to his family for years so far I think he might just have an army at his call to

I highly doubt a five year old will have any army at his command. Maybe Davos will

Jon is probably lying face down in the snow waiting to be reborn into a world savior thingy of a third dragon and about to become all man and no boy(I hope) I kid, he'll probably wake up all harsh and stuff

I'll believe this when I see it

Seriously though Stannis ain't doing anybody any favors the Northern lords were already getting ready to kill the Boltons and Freys, Stannis is already late

They would be bowing their heads to Roose and his fat Frey wife without a strong and just King to rally around. Northerners are hopeless by themselves as has been demonstrated throughout the entire series

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of several thousand Northerners plotting to install a Stark as King in the North

Pure fantasy

And even if on the off chance it was true, I'll be laughing when they gets themselves killed in droves again and are ready to bend the knee :rofl:

I actually think the GNC is very plausible, and it'll probably happen. I just think that right now wouldn't be a great time for them to declare independence, considering there's an 8,000 year old enemy that's about to overrun the North. And I doubt they'll be able to beat the Others on their own.

Pure fantasy

And even if on the off chance it was true, I'll be laughing when they gets themselves killed in droves again and are ready to bend the knee :rofl:

How would they get themselves killed in the North?

Stannis and his army is in a unfamiliar territory and they had to treat and eat with Northern lords to pass half Stannis' army is made up of Northernmen so how will they get themselves killed in their territory?

Archived