Crypt of Winterfell has the horn of Joramun?

Daendrew

It has been said that the last Nights King was a Stark. Starks are buried in the crypts of Winterfell. Mance's women kept asking Theon multiple times where the crypts of Winterfell would be.

Yigrette mentioned to Jon that they released many dark spirits opening up graves looking for the horn of Joramun.

So now that Mance is aiming down to Winterfell, the horn can wake the sleepers. Whatever that means. What do you think it means?

Also hidden in the crypts of Winterfell:

--Six dragon eggs

--Rheagar's Last Will & Testament

--A case of Dornish Whiskey

--TPWWP

--An advance copy of TWOW

--Benjen Stark

--Bran's assassin

--Waldo

Don't forget:

-Rheagars Harp

-A sleeping dragon.

But in all honesty I still reckon Sam's got the horn in Oldtown, I just can't convince myself that it's not the case.

I thought Mance was asking about the crypts because he knows of a way out of Winterfell through them.

However, he did volunteer to go to Winterfell so it makes sense he would have another ulterior motive to going. If the horn is there, I'm not sure it would actually make the Wall collapse. Joramun fought against the Others so I can't understand why he would have something that could make the barrier that keeps them out of the kingdoms fall.

If the Wall falls, I feel like it will have something to do with what Old Nan said about the Wall standing as long as the men of the Night's Watch stay true. We know they murdered their last two Lord Commanders so they are not staying true. That could negate the magic in the Wall that wards off the Others.

In the crypts of Winterfell also waits:

-Plot twists that might make Gumby scream

-Lyanna rocking and knitting sweaters for her children

-The second marker and directions to the Canyon of the Crescent Moon

-A secret library with a few handy tips on making Valyrian steel

-Oddly dressed Wights from the Thriller video

-A prototype for a modern remake of Final Fantasy VII

-The secret of Arbor Gold and why it is so tasty

-a Stargate complete with active ZPV

-a functional TARDIS

-One copy of Aristotle's Poetics next to a corpse wearing only one glove

-three casks of Amantillado

-Choice pieces of Vorlon and Shadow technology

-Whale bones that look like they were shattered against something along with a random potted plant

I thought Mance was asking about the crypts because he knows of a way out of Winterfell through them.

However, he did volunteer to go to Winterfell so it makes sense he would have another ulterior motive to going. If the horn is there, I'm not sure it would actually make the Wall collapse. Joramun fought against the Others so I can't understand why he would have something that could make the barrier that keeps them out of the kingdoms fall.

If the Wall falls, I feel like it will have something to do with what Old Nan said about the Wall standing as long as the men of the Night's Watch stay true. We know they murdered their last two Lord Commanders so they are not staying true. That could negate the magic in the Wall that wards off the Others.

That's the horn that would bring down the Wall, right? And they didn't want to bring down the Wall because then you have nothing to hide behind any more, right?

Why even create a horn to do that if there's Others on the other side that can invade Westeros?

I don't really get that part.

The thing is that he didn't volunteer to go to Winterfell. The girl in Melisandre's vision was near Long Lake. The location for the wedding was changed at the last minute, I believe, so they couldn't have known that fArya was actually in Winterfell. And yes, if Mance is trying to find the Horn still, it's very suspicious. I made a post a little while back about how I thought the Wall would fall. It's a little lengthy so here are the c+p relevant bits:

I know the popular opinion is that the horn in Sam's possession is actually the Horn of Winter, but I think that this might be a red herring and it really is just some old, cracked horn. I think that the real Horn of Winter is hidden in the crypts of Winterfell. I think that Mance Rayder knows this, and that this was the real motivation behind both of his infiltrations. Considering that his spearwives kept asking Theon where the crypts were located, Mance's first attempt at gaining access to them was unsuccessful. While it is possible that they could have merely served as a hideout or quick escape route should something go awry, his sniffing after the crypts doesn't make sense otherwise. It is likely that the purpose behind his excavations in the Frost Fangs was to create a diversion by finding a suitable, temporary stand-in that would be seen as a big enough of a threat by the Watch that they would let the wildlings pass, thus giving him more time to get his hands on the real horn. I think that rescuing "Arya" was never actually a part of his plan. But, why is he so determined to find the horn? Wouldn't tearing down the Wall be quite counter-productive to his goal of protecting his people?

"If I sound the Horn of Winter, the Wall will fall. Or so the songs would have me believe. There are those among my people who want nothing more..."

"But once the Wall is fallen," Dalla said, "what will stop the Others?"

Mance gave her a fond smile. "It's a wise woman I've found. A true queen." He turned back to Jon. "Go back and tell them to open their gate and let us pass. If they do, I will give them the horn, and the Wall will stand until the end of days."

I can't help but wonder that perhaps this is exactly what Mance had in mind. Is it possible that he hasn't been entirely honest about his agenda? What does he know that we don't? His fate at the end of aDwD is quite uncertain. Ramsay would have us believe that he is holding Mance captive. I think that this is a lie. It is likely that he was able to discover the details of the plan to rescue "Arya" from one of the spearwives instead, and that Mance peaced out at the first sign of trouble and sought refuge in the crypts.

I also like what Bran Vras has suggested about Mance and the Horn of Winter (TL;DR - the horn is in the cyrpts and Mance gets his hands on it; this is the mysterious horn sounding from somewhere inside of the castle before the big escape). Either way, The King Beyond the Wall has scaled said Wall countless times, has snuck his way inside of Winterfell on more than one occasion, and even gave Stannis Baratheon the slip right under his nose. If there is anyone in Westeros that is going to finally bust him, I highly doubt that it will be Ramsay Snow of all people.

It has been said that the last Nights King was a Stark. Starks are buried in the crypts of Winterfell. Mance's women kept asking Theon multiple times where the crypts of Winterfell would be.

Yigrette mentioned to Jon that they released many dark spirits opening up graves looking for the horn of Joramun.

So now that Mance is aiming down to Winterfell, the horn can wake the sleepers. Whatever that means. What do you think it means?

I think that Mance got what he wanted already--The Wildlings south of the wall. He has no reason to destroy the wall now and I don't think he intends to. He knows its one of the few things that can hold back the Others, which is his whole reason for wanting to get south anyways.

Also hidden in the crypts of Winterfell:

--Six dragon eggs

--Rheagar's Last Will & Testament

--A case of Dornish Whiskey

--TPWWP

--An advance copy of TWOW

--Benjen Stark

--Bran's assassin

--Waldo

AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR oh damn I'm a month late for that.

In all seriousness, I do think there's something there. Or at the very least Mance Rayder is convinced there's something there. Mance is rather fascinated with Winterfell, any chance he gets to go there he takes. The more "looks" he gets at Winterfell, the closer he gets to figure out a path to whatever it is he wants/thinks is there.

I think that Mance got what he wanted already--The Wildlings south of the wall. He has no reason to destroy the wall now and I don't think he intends to. He knows its one of the few things that can hold back the Others, which is his whole reason for wanting to get south anyways.

This. All free-folk already crossed the wall. Why would he need the horn?

The big players, Varys, Littlefinger and such play a 3D chess, or in this case cyvasse games. Playing several steps ahead and kings seek power.Power is maintained with the perception of its shaddow. Not necessarily using it. Kings want to have the army, have the dragon, they don't necessarily want to use it, but they do want to be able to use it to maintain and expend their power and extract their will on others.

Man, you'd think that given Theon and Bran clearly have been down in the crypts at least once or twice before they go down in the stories, that they'd have noticed all these amazing extra little goodies that are supposedly hidden down there. I mean, unless these goodies are hidden within the actual tomb of the buried person. Which kinda raises the question; when and why is someone going to defile the dead by breaking open their tomb, fiddling about with their bones, and stealing the belongings they were buried with? I dunno, makes me wonder why on earth anyone (COUGH JON) would arbitrarily decide to rummage through some poor persons (COUGH LYANNA) tomb.

Archived