Brienne of Tarth

theJoker501

Spoilers from the end of AFFC

Brienne was in dire straights at the end of the book, being hanged by the brotherhood without banners. You are left with a cliffhanger, but in the end when GRRM talks about the book he mentions more to come from the others that were hardly mentioned and Brienne. Do you think he forgot to spoiler tag that or what?

• 3 months later...

I think that Brienne is dead. She was too honour-bound, which resulted in my disliking some of her chapters (however some were great). She was the only POV and main character to die in the book (that I can remember), so I don't think she will have survived. I think her story has ended, and for that I am unhappy as she was a good person and I miss her chapters.

Brienne screamed a word in the very end of her chapter...was the word "Jaime" right before she died? Or maybe she screamed something else that would make the BWB cut her, Pod and Ser Hyle down? That was one of the most underrated moments in the series for me when Brienne and LS came face to face. I can see why LS thought she was an oathbeaker with all the evidence they found but it was still hard seeing what Catelyn had become. One of the few moments in the series where I almost cried.

Brienne screamed a word in the very end of her chapter...was the word "Jaime" right before she died? Or maybe she screamed something else that would make the BWB cut her, Pod and Ser Hyle down? That was one of the most underrated moments in the series for me when Brienne and LS came face to face. I can see why LS thought she was an oathbeaker with all the evidence they found but it was still hard seeing what Catelyn had become. One of the few moments in the series where I almost cried.

The word was

sword

as confirmed by GRRM

;)

• 4 weeks later...

The word was

sword

as confirmed by GRRM

;)

Godamnit I love you so hard for that! In a purely platonic way, but so hard. I finished her last chapter and had to put the book down for a week or so it shook me up so much. I think what happened was I love the actors that play Brienne and Pod on the show, so I saw it all unfold with them and it was just brutal. Maybe even more so than the Red Wedding because I had a bit of that spoiled for me, but the killing of her and Pod was a total surprise for me. And now apparently she's not dead? I had a faint hope GRRM may have done w/ her what he did w/ Arya in ASOS when he ended that chapter w/ the Hound felling her only to reveal it was a KO and not a kill.

Anyway, Brienne and Pod were a bit of a chore for me to read for a goodly portion of AFFC, but that last chapter was brilliant. Hopefully I will see more Brienne in ADWD.

Godamnit I love you so hard for that! In a purely platonic way, but so hard. I finished her last chapter and had to put the book down for a week or so it shook me up so much. I think what happened was I love the actors that play Brienne and Pod on the show, so I saw it all unfold with them and it was just brutal. Maybe even more so than the Red Wedding because I had a bit of that spoiled for me, but the killing of her and Pod was a total surprise for me. And now apparently she's not dead? I had a faint hope GRRM may have done w/ her what he did w/ Arya in ASOS when he ended that chapter w/ the Hound felling her only to reveal it was a KO and not a kill.

Anyway, Brienne and Pod were a bit of a chore for me to read for a goodly portion of AFFC, but that last chapter was brilliant. Hopefully I will see more Brienne in ADWD.

Hahaha :D Glad to make you happy with that answer!

There is an SSM in which GRRM explains Brienne's motives as well, so after you've finished Dance, you might want to look that one up ;)

I was disappointed with the interaction and lack of conversation or communication between Un-Cat and Brienne. There was a lot of build-up about Un-Cat returning for vengeance but too much of the story was assumed. I would have liked to have picked up from when Nymeria drug her from the river and she was found by BWOB. Thoros as a POV would have been great.

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha :D Glad to make you happy with that answer!

There is an SSM in which GRRM explains Brienne's motives as well, so after you've finished Dance, you might want to look that one up ;)

What does it mean by the word she said? If it is the word you said she said what difference does it make?

What does it mean by the word she said? If it is the word you said she said what difference does it make?

I'm not sure I understand your question?

In her last chapter, Brienne was being hanged by a tree, together with Pod and Ser Hyle. She had been given the choice: the sword or the noose. Brienne refuses to choose, and thus the Brotherhood prepares to hang them all. Brienne, whith the rope already around her neck, then makes a choice, and screams a word. The word she screams is simply the answer to the previously asked question.

As to Brienne's motives for finally making a decision:

Pod was the most important factor. A young, innocent boy, according to Brienne, who she felt did not deserve to die because of her. She screamed "sword" so the brotherhood would cut them down and Pod would thus live.

I'm not sure I understand your question?

In her last chapter, Brienne was being hanged by a tree, together with Pod and Ser Hyle. She had been given the choice: the sword or the noose. Brienne refuses to choose, and thus the Brotherhood prepares to hang them all. Brienne, whith the rope already around her neck, then makes a choice, and screams a word. The word she screams is simply the answer to the previously asked question.

As to Brienne's motives for finally making a decision:

Pod was the most important factor. A young, innocent boy, according to Brienne, who she felt did not deserve to die because of her. She screamed "sword" so the brotherhood would cut them down and Pod would thus live.

Thanks for the explanation! That's clearer

Archived