Valonqar theory

Parizad

I am new to this forum but as I was reading the books again one thing came to my mind and I had no one around me to discuss it.

The Valonqar may be Little Finger!

He is a little brother, literally and in many other ways he is "little". He conspires to kill Joeffry and is obviously very ambitious and wants to sit the Iron Throne. Cersei and her children are the most important people in his way, now that Tywin and his brother are dead and Varys is gone. He is able to conspire to kill Tommen and Myrcella too when he sees an opportunity for himself. Also he is the only one cunning and cruel enough to be able to strangle Cersei with his own hands.

It would be so interesting if Sansa becomes the queen that overthrows Cersei and all the characters who most consider heros of the saga, Danny, Jon (if not dead yet), Arya and Tyrion would unite to fight her!

I love how many possibilities these books have.

Ya its very possible, and Little Finger definitely has a plan in motion to capture the iron throne. His plan probably involves Sansa, he may want to take her as his queen, seeing as he loved Catelyn. Like you said anything is possible in these books.

Personally I hope It's a combination of Tyrion and Daenerys who over through Ceresi. If Daenerys gets her dragon's under control, Tyrion would be the perfect battle strategist to help her take Westeros.

LF never occurred to me but now that you mention it that seems like a really plausible conclusion. I love reading all the theories and I try not to commit to any because I don't want to be let down but I'm going in to my next re-read with this theory in mind!

I thought of that as I posted but then couldnt remember if he was older or younger so let the post go anyway :)

Even if he was older, I think Cat and Lysa practiced kissing on him, so it would be like a little brother.

I think it is jamie but the fact that maggie uses the high valyrian word instead of the common tongue is a clue. The clue points toward aegon who as of the end of ADWD is in the best position to fulfill this prophecy.

That does make a lot of sense, seeing as Aegon (if legitimate) is a little brother (forgot the name of his sister).

I've always been partial to the idea of Arya being the valonquar, but I like this theory a lot. After all, we already know that LF was probably responsible for Joff's death.

Me too. Is it possible that valonquar means younger sibling instead of little brother?

This is a little crackpot, but I see Arya and Sansa being teamed back up. Since Arya looks like a boy, could they pass Arya off as Aleyane's little brother? I always thought Arya and Sansa would both get to see Cersie get what was coming to her.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I hope It's a combination of Tyrion and Daenerys who over through Ceresi. If Daenerys gets her dragon's under control, Tyrion would be the perfect battle strategist to help her take Westeros.

I really think there is hope for Daenerys and her dragons of Tyrion and her unit. Tyrion is very well educated and specially so about dragons because they fascinated him. So he may already know how to train a dragon! Also Sam Tarly might find out or already has. I think at this point there is not much glory in over throwing Cersei. She is bashed quite a lot by the sept and also she's lost all her powerful allies. She seems to be a bit neurotic as she burns down the tower of the hand, kind of reminded me of the Mad King. Anyway... I think if Tyrion and Dany are to be united and bring down dragon on someone, that someone should be worth the while.

LF never occurred to me but now that you mention it that seems like a really plausible conclusion. I love reading all the theories and I try not to commit to any because I don't want to be let down but I'm going in to my next re-read with this theory in mind!

If you found out any clues about it while re-reading let me know! :D

I'm not shooting down the theory but whos little brother is he?

He is the little brother in his own family and he has a small stature. Also if we interpret "little brother" non-literaly, he is the the most insignificant in the small council, or in the metaphorical game of thrones in general.

I think it is jamie but the fact that maggie uses the high valyrian word instead of the common tongue is a clue. The clue points toward aegon who as of the end of ADWD is in the best position to fulfill this prophecy.

That the Maggie used Valyrian might be because she did not know the common tongue well or she could not think of a better word for describing what she had in mind. Aegon if he is not fake, had nothing to do with death of Joffrey. Besides I don't see any reason why a well educated gentleman as Aegon is describe would strangle a lady with his own hands. If it comes to a point where he has to kill Cersei he would let the King's justice or someone like that do it.

Me too. Is it possible that valonquar means younger sibling instead of little brother?

This is a little crackpot, but I see Arya and Sansa being teamed back up. Since Arya looks like a boy, could they pass Arya off as Aleyane's little brother? I always thought Arya and Sansa would both get to see Cersie get what was coming to her.

I like the idea of Arya being Valonqar a lot too. Valonqar may well mean little sibling as the Valyrian word for prince might also mean princess as Maester Aemon points out, and as dragons are gender neutral. Arya already has a desire to kill Cersei for some time now. She is getting quite strong and skilled in killing. I totally can see her kill Cersei with her own hands. But she had nothing to do with Joffry's death. And she didn't despise Tommon and Myrcella, and they are not in her list. I really don't see why she would kill those two.

I don't see Arya and Sansa getting any closer. Sansa's faith is very much tied to that of Little Finger now and we all know where he would take her if he could. I don't see Arya coming out of the free cities anytime soon, but I think she would go and find Jon at some point. I really think the both of them have a real role to play because whoever Jon's parents are, he is clearly a Stark. Him and Arya are the only Starks left whose direwolves still live, and the wolves might mean their "Starkness" which is their valor and righteousness which may well get them killed.

Even if he was older, I think Cat and Lysa practiced kissing on him, so it would be like a little brother.

Umm...Er...So you think that Cat and Lyssa were hidden Targs?

He is the little brother in his own family and he has a small stature. Also if we interpret "little brother" non-literaly, he is the the most insignificant in the small council, or in the metaphorical game of thrones in general.

So far this prophecy has been quite literal. Frankly if it is anyone but Tyrion or Jaime, it becomes effectively meaningless because Westeros is full of little brothers otherwise.

My own take is that if it is not Tyrion or Jaime then it must be a title, like 'the Valonqar of the Faceless Men of Braavos' or something like that.

Archived