Valonqar theory

Parizad

This seems much more likely than Littlefinger. The little brother of the queen who brings Cersei down would potentially fit. Jaime, Tyrion, and Loras all seem like strong candidates. Everyone else, not so much.

He would fit except the fact that Margaery's power is in marrying the king which would be Joffrey and Tommen, She would have no intention of killing Tommen, that would be killing her dream.

I've always thought it would either be Jaime or Arya who would kill Cersei, but this theory's good too. Just one question. Are we sure that Littlefinger is a younger sibling? I think his father was but I'm not sure if he himself was one.

I can't remember the exact passage where it's mentioned but I think he is called Little Finger because he is the little son of the lord of the fingers. But I may be wrong.

Just to refresh our memories I copied the prophecy part here:

Cersei: When will I wed the prince?

Maggy: Never. You will wed the king.

Cersei: I will be queen, though?

Maggy: Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?

Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

First thing I get is that Maggy is right about her future.

Second the next queen will take everything that she holds dear, which is her power and her children.

Third all of them will be crowned so Myrcella may still come to power as the queen.

Fourth, Cersei will sink into depression (tears drown her)

Fifth, Valonqar kills her by choking her.

Why do I think Little Finger as Valonqar is plausible:

1- Little Finger conspired to kill Joffrey

2- He wants the power that Cersei has and he is plotting to get it already

3- He has Sansa who is more beautiful than Cersei and she can replace her, take her power, have her children killed

4- Cersei fails to protect her children but fails, hence the depression and the choking.

I think it has to be Jaime for the sheer irony of the fact that Cercei has spent all this time thinking it would be Tyrion. She has never even considered the possibility that it might be Jaime, and the books are slowly pushing Jaime away from her as he realizes what she is.

I think it has to be Jaime for the sheer irony of the fact that Cercei has spent all this time thinking it would be Tyrion. She has never even considered the possibility that it might be Jaime, and the books are slowly pushing Jaime away from her as he realizes what she is.

I would like that a lot actually and I can totally see Jamie hating Cersei in the future. But I don't see him murdering her and taking everything she holds dear and supporting another queen.

What if Tyrion actually is a Valonqar and Cersei was right all the time? He's a little brother (valonqar doesn't mean sibling, so Arya or any female doesn't suit), he's literally little, he'd strangle Cersei without hesitation if he had a change - just the way he strangled Shae.

Another version - we know, that Maggy refused to tell Cersei's fortune, but finally agreed because Cersei threatened her. What if the whole Valonquar thing was to drive Cersei mad to the point her fear destroys her and those around her, as Maggy's revenge or curse? I think Cersei have acted destructively her whole life and that is the first thing that led her to the point she is now, and nothing else.

Its definately jamie, I understand people think there must be more to it than what we have read but Jamie will kill Cersei. It may not be a shock, or ah ha moment for us but that doesnt take away from how shocking it will be for Cersei, That death will come not from her hated brother but from her beloved twin, if little finger killed cersei it would cheapen the whole cersei/tyrion/jamie prophecy. No it will be Jamie who strangles cersei and she wont realise the significance of it all until her final moments when jamie watches the life leave her eyes.....

The hands could be a title. So the hand of the king. Mace would probably likes to have Cersei executed, or forced to suicide or even assassinated. Well he seems too dumb for, but he's his mother puppet.

But i love the idea Tyrion would do the stuff.

Cersei made his life miserable, and the trick, generally, with prophecies, is, the harder you try to prevent a prophecy to happen, the harder it will punch you in the face.

Cersei's paranoia made her mistreating and framing boss Tyrion, Sansa and Maergery.

They have good reasons to want her dead.

Stannis is not younger than his other brothers but he does fit somehow

Stannis is Robert's younger brother. He has stated his intent to destroy Cersei and her brood:

"I have a duty to my daughter. To the realm. Even to Robert. He loved me but little, I know, yet he was my brother. The Lannister woman gave him horns and made a motley fool of him. She may have murdered him as well, as she murdered Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. For such crimes there must be justice. Starting with Cersei and her abominations. But only starting. I mean to scour that court clean. As Robert should have done after the Trident”

There is obviously a lot of poetic justice to the valonqar being Jaime or Tyrion. But there is arguably just as much poetic justice for the valonqar to be Stannis, especially given the Cersei's feelings towards Robert and her hostility to the Baratheons in general.

Stannis would be a nice surprise. And a very satisfying one.

What if Tyrion actually is a Valonqar and Cersei was right all the time? He's a little brother (valonqar doesn't mean sibling, so Arya or any female doesn't suit), he's literally little, he'd strangle Cersei without hesitation if he had a change - just the way he strangled Shae.

You might be on to something.

Archived