Valonqar theory

Parizad

My theory is that The Valonquar is The Hound. The theory is assuming that Ser Robert Strong is some form of The Mountain and that the gravedigger on the Quiet Isle is The Hound and he is named Champion by The Faith for Cersei's trial.

This, though perhaps while Cersei awaits execution Jaime refuses to aid her in escaping as he did for Tyrion, maybe even admits to helpin him, and brings her the Tears of Lys or the Strangler as a way around public execution.

This, though perhaps while Cersei awaits execution Jaime refuses to aid her in escaping as he did for Tyrion, maybe even admits to helpin him, and brings her the Tears of Lys or the Strangler as a way around public execution.

...the valonqar will wrap his hands around your throat...

Everything else about this prophecy so far has been pretty literal. Either she gets strangled by someone's hands or by the chain of golden hands.

...the valonqar will wrap his hands around your throat...

Everything else about this prophecy so far has been pretty literal. Either she gets strangled by someone's hands or by the chain of golden hands.

:agree:

• 8 months later...

Not sure if this theory has been proposed yet... I believe that Howland Reed is the Valonqar. Bear with me, I've been reading a lot of these theories and my brain may be broken.

In a combination of a few of the existing theories, I believe the High Sparrow is Howland Reed. This just feels right to me. From physical characteristics, personality traits, original location (pretty sure the High Sparrow's party was coming from the general direction of the Neck when Brienne and co. ran into them), and motive, it all seems to mesh nicely.

Now, I'm not sure if HR is a literal "little brother", but the High Sparrow is a "brother of the faith" and he is always described as being small, little, etc. While choking the life out of Cersei seems a bit out of character for the physical representation of the seven aspects of the faith, it seems right on the money for the oldest, closest living friend of Ned Stark.

I know the rest of the prophesy has been fulfilled in a very specific and literal manner, but "the valonqar" has a figurative feel to it. And if that part is figurative, maybe the whole "wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you" part is figurative as well. I have to say, the justice would be poetic indeed if the High Septon strangled Cersei to death.

Gray bridal cloak? Where is that? But nice catch :)

LF said he was going to have her show up for the wedding with her hair its natural color, and wearing a Stark maiden clock. I figure he kept the one she wore when she married Tyrion, and smuggled it out of King's Landing by folding in with the tapestries.

Not sure if this theory has been proposed yet... I believe that Howland Reed is the Valonqar. Bear with me, I've been reading a lot of these theories and my brain may be broken.

In a combination of a few of the existing theories, I believe the High Sparrow is Howland Reed. This just feels right to me. From physical characteristics, personality traits, original location (pretty sure the High Sparrow's party was coming from the general direction of the Neck when Brienne and co. ran into them), and motive, it all seems to mesh nicely.

Now, I'm not sure if HR is a literal "little brother", but the High Sparrow is a "brother of the faith" and he is always described as being small, little, etc. While choking the life out of Cersei seems a bit out of character for the physical representation of the seven aspects of the faith, it seems right on the money for the oldest, closest living friend of Ned Stark.

I know the rest of the prophesy has been fulfilled in a very specific and literal manner, but "the valonqar" has a figurative feel to it. And if that part is figurative, maybe the whole "wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you" part is figurative as well. I have to say, the justice would be poetic indeed if the High Septon strangled Cersei to death.

Strangling is murder. The High Septon would not endanger his soul by committing murder. And he wouldn't have to anyway. She'd likely be beheaded for her crimes.

Strangling is also very personal. Which makes it far more likely that someone who is related to Cersei or to one of her victims will be the killer.

Howland Reed will be needed elsewhere (up North, at the Wall, at Winterfell, etc). I'm not sure he has time to kill Cersei.

Still, it's not a bad theory. Who knows? You may be right.

• 2 months later...

Archived