Best/ Worst Bromance

Tessarion

I don't think it's stalkerish, personally I think that JonCon's unrequited love for Rhaegar is quite sad, I think he's one of the most tragic characters in the story at the moment. Especially the memory of him and Rhaegar when he gestures to the lands around Griffins Roost and boasts it is all his forgetting Rhaegar is the heir to the kingdom. I found that really bittersweet.

You guys are making me feel like I'm a bad person for disliking JonCon. :frown5: :crying:

This one speaks blasphemy.

My top bromances in the series:

1. Dunk and Egg

2. Nedbert

Jon- Stannis

Walder Frey and Roose Bolton (show only)

Stavos reeks of ..... duty. :lol: And JonCon is just creepy.

Damn, you beat me to it.

Best: Dunk & Egg

Worst: Dunk & Daemon :D

Mayhaps. I still find it troubling to believe that a person can be counted sane when he tries to stick to hope for something he knows he'll never get. That's naive too

You have no romantic bone in your body, don't you? :)

JonCon is currently working in memory of his Prince. We heard from Barristan that JonCon followed Rhaegar trying to be in his company... All of this is quite normal... Teenager in love, later young man who wants to be around man he loves... All of this is quite sane, it's not reeking of anything psychopathic. When we see JonCon's train of thoughts, it's rather benign love... He wasn't naive, for he knew that Rhaegar will never fall in love for him, he only wanted to be close to him, just as I imagine, Loras wanted to be close to Renly, or much worse example, just as Jorah wants to be near Dany all the time. And Jorah's love is far creepier than love Jon ever felt for Rhaegar.

Nedbert and Stavos are terrible bromances: one sided, with most of the loyalty and dedication coming from the person with less power, while his king constantly leaves him in the lurch.

Best bromances: Jon/Sam and...umm

You notice how few friendships there are in the series? Nobody has any friends; Cat has no local lady to chat with, Cersei has no one to gossip with during fifteen years in KL, Robert has no replacement Ned, etcetc.

Well for best, we've got Stavos and Jon/Sam.

There might be a place for Kevan/Tywin as well, but that's more brotherly love.

And I still hold out hope for Bronn/Tyrion to reconcile someday.

For worse Theon/Robb, LF/Ned, (which was more in the show but still) and Walder/Ramsay. (which was all in the show but still...) You know, Walder when even House Bolton holds you in contempt, you KNOW you've got a problem...Though, admittedly his romance with your granddaughter is surprisingly sweet.

You have no romantic bone in your body, don't you? :)

JonCon is currently working in memory of his Prince. We heard from Barristan that JonCon followed Rhaegar trying to be in his company... All of this is quite normal... Teenager in love, later young man who wants to be around man he loves... All of this is quite sane, it's not reeking of anything psychopathic. When we see JonCon's train of thoughts, it's rather benign love... He wasn't naive, for he knew that Rhaegar will never fall in love for him, he only wanted to be close to him, just as I imagine, Loras wanted to be close to Renly, or much worse example, just as Jorah wants to be near Dany all the time. And Jorah's love is far creepier than love Jon ever felt for Rhaegar.

Benign is not the word here. :lol: Tell me how is it different than say Tristifer Botley? It all sounds very tragic and poetic, I can't just seem to be too impressed by it. It's ok in the books, in reality, I do find it troubling.

Awwww don't cry, just putting my two cents in lol :cheers:

Thank you ser. Might I ask how come you are engaged in a deeply emotional topic despite being a spoon. :lol:

Benign is not the word here. :lol: Tell me how is it different than say Tristifer Botley? It all sounds very tragic and poetic, I can't just seem to be too impressed by it. It's ok in the books, in reality, I do find it troubling.

If you know someone is in love with you, you would find that bad? And situation is nothing like Tristifer's. Simply, Jon never forced himself to anyone, he was a loyal friend to Rhaegar, he never acted upon those feelings... All in all, he was just in love, wanted to be close to Rhaegar, and when he died, in his name, later, he guarded "his son". I don't see how anyone can come up with the conclusion that whatever Jon felt was in any way wrong.

Jon never forced his love on Rhaegar for one...

Seconded...

If you know someone is in love with you, you would find that bad? And situation is nothing like Tristifer's. Simply, Jon never forced himself to anyone, he was a loyal friend to Rhaegar, he never acted upon those feelings... All in all, he was just in love, wanted to be close to Rhaegar, and when he died, in his name, later, he guarded "his son". I don't see how anyone can come up with the conclusion that whatever Jon felt was in any way wrong.

Seconded...

*sigh* You win this one. :lol: Honestly, I'll re-think about this.

Archived