Best/ Worst Bromance

Tessarion

I would actually say that Nedbert is the worst, and Stavos to be best

And please, Willas/Oberyn bromanc was a delicate union... One of the reasons why we haven't see Willas is because GRRM wanted to spare us the pain... That is why to mitigate the pain, he gave us Reek chapters...

I would actually say that Nedbert is the worst, and Stavos to be best

And please, Willas/Oberyn bromanc was a delicate union... One of the reasons why we haven't see Willas is because GRRM wanted to spare us the pain... That is why to mitigate the pain, he gave us Reek chapters...

This one speaks blasphemy.

My top bromances in the series:

1. Dunk and Egg

Nedbert

Jon- Stannis

Walder Frey and Roose Bolton (show only)

Stavos reeks of ..... duty. :lol: And JonCon is just creepy.

This one speaks blasphemy.

Stavos reeks of ..... duty. :lol: And JonCon is just creepy.

I am sorry, but the "bromance" between Ned and Robert is the worst. What type of friend comes to your house, with psychopatic son, and say: "You have a beautiful daughter, let we marry her for my son"? What kind of man turns his back to a daughter of his best frien? Nedbert is by far the worst friendship in the series. Ned loved and admired Robert, he was loyal, and he was blind. And in that blindness, his family suffered.

Stavos is the purest bromance in ASOIAF. Davos is genuinely fond of Stannis, not because of loyalty, but because he believes in him. And Stannis respects Davos, even when he is against him...

BTW, JonCon? Isn't that only one person?

I am sorry, but the "bromance" between Ned and Robert is the worst. What type of friend comes to your house, with psychopatic son, and say: "You have a beautiful daughter, let we marry her for my son"? What kind of man turns his back to a daughter of his best frien? Nedbert is by far the worst friendship in the series. Ned loved and admired Robert, he was loyal, and he was blind. And in that blindness, his family suffered.

Stavos is the purest bromance in ASOIAF. Davos is genuinely fond of Stannis, not because of loyalty, but because he believes in him. And Stannis respects Davos, even when he is against him...

BTW, JonCon? Isn't that only one person?

Ok you made good points. I still like Nedbert more though.

By JonCon I meant jonCon and Rhaegar.

Ok you made good points. I still like Nedbert more though.

By JonCon I meant jonCon and Rhaegar.

I always do :)

As for JonCon and Rhaegar, what is so creepy about it? Jon loved Rhaegar, Rhaegar most likely didn't know about those feelings and considered him a friend. It was just a love, not some psychopatic twisted obsession...

I always do :)

As for JonCon and Rhaegar, what is so creepy about it? Jon loved Rhaegar, Rhaegar most likely didn't know about those feelings and considered him a friend. It was just a love, not some psychopatic twisted obsession...

And one sideed mad love isn't creepy, when the other person doesn't even know about this? Do only I smell a stalker there?

And one sideed mad love isn't creepy, when the other person doesn't even know about this? Do only I smell a stalker there?

Not all one sided loves are stalker-ish. And I don't consider Jon to be mad... Look at far worse example at Jorah and Dany, or if we are speaking about naive love, look at Sansa and Joffrey at AGOT. I imagine JonCon was in love with Rhaegar, couldn't have spoken about it and tried to be in Rhaegar's inner circle, at least, just as friend. I don't find that at least troubling, but rather quite human thing.

Best: 1. Robert's warhamer&Rhaegar's chest

I bow to this one...

Of course it needs to trump Greywind's head and Robb's body

And what about Roose Bolton and Walder Frey? The most despised pair...

Not all one sided loves are stalker-ish. And I don't consider Jon to be mad... Look at far worse example at Jorah and Dany, or if we are speaking about naive love, look at Sansa and Joffrey at AGOT. I imagine JonCon was in love with Rhaegar, couldn't have spoken about it and tried to be in Rhaegar's inner circle, at least, just as friend. I don't find that at least troubling, but rather quite human thing.

Mayhaps. I still find it troubling to believe that a person can be counted sane when he tries to stick to hope for something he knows he'll never get. That's naive too.

I don't think it's stalkerish, personally I think that JonCon's unrequited love for Rhaegar is quite sad, I think he's one of the most tragic characters in the story at the moment. Especially the memory of him and Rhaegar when he gestures to the lands around Griffins Roost and boasts it is all his forgetting Rhaegar is the heir to the kingdom. I found that really bittersweet.

Archived