The riddle of the Sphinx is Tyrion

Daendrew

Interesting post.

What do you mean the last had two headS?

Maelys the Monstrous was the last of the Blackfyre Pretenders. His torso was huge and he had a withered head sprouting from his neck. We would recognise it as conjoined twins gone badly wrong in the womb, but he was labelled someone who ate his twin in the womb, making him a kinslayer (hence his moniker "The Monstrous).

Maelys the Monstrous was the last of the Blackfyre Pretenders. His torso was huge and he had a withered head sprouting from his neck. We would recognise it as conjoined twins gone badly wrong in the womb, but he was labelled someone who ate his twin in the womb, making him a kinslayer (hence his moniker "The Monstrous).

Totally forgot about that. Great point.

I would like to say thank you. More foreshadowing that tyrion is the suphinx and a dragonrider is what Morrqo said to Vic on the boat. About the old, new, young, true and false dragons. He's the bastard of the old king, brother to the new queen, uncle(targ/blackfyre matter how you slice it) to false king, uncle and friend to the true dragon and plotter to all young dragons.

Then what about when he told Vic that his dragon was waiting for him in Meereen. Dany isn't in Meereen. Yet Tyrion is. Then when the Iron fleet arrives in Meereen it's Tryion that realizes that Westeros has indeed come to Essos.

I would like to say thank you. More foreshadowing that tyrion is the suphinx and a dragonrider is what Morrqo said to Vic on the boat. About the old, new, young, true and false dragons. He's the bastard of the old king, brother to the new queen, uncle(targ/blackfyre matter how you slice it) to false king, uncle and friend to the true dragon and plotter to all young dragons.

Moqorro was actually speaking to Tyrion and he mentioned "old and young, true and false, bright and dark" dragons

Old = Aemon or Aerys

Young = Jon, Dany or Aegon

True = Dany, Jon, or Aegon

False = Aegon(or Dany if you believe she's the pisswater princess)

Bright = Varys or Illyrio(descendant of Aerion Brightflame) or Dany (Red is "brighter" than black?)

Dark = Varys or Illyrio(descendant of Blackfyre female line) or Brown Ben Plumm (dark skin)

Get yo quotes right peeps.

Moqorro was actually speaking to Tyrion and he mentioned "old and young, true and false, bright and dark" dragons

Old = Aemon or Aerys

Young = Jon, Dany or Aegon

True = Dany, Jon, or Aegon

False = Aegon(or Dany if you believe she's the pisswater princess)

Bright = Varys or Illyrio(descendant of Aerion Brightflame) or Dany (Red is "brighter" than black?)

Dark = Varys or Illyrio(descendant of Blackfyre female line) or Brown Ben Plumm (dark skin)

Get yo quotes right peeps.

The full quote:

"Dragons," Moqorro said in the Common Tongue of Westeros... "Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all."

"And you." Moqorro does not count Tyrion among the dragons. As you said, get the quotes right people. It only causes confusion and false assumptions.

Also, let`s remember that shadows are servants of the Lord of Light and this is not the first time Tyrion has been referred to as having a large shadow.

"And you." Moqorro does not count Tyrion among the dragons. As you said, get the quotes right people. It only causes confusion and false assumptions.

It's actually ambiguous whether "and you" includes Tyrion as a dragon since grammatically it's a sentence fragment so it depends on context for meaning.

If I had wanted to use the whole quote I would have. Just giving a basic outline.

My point was actually you got the quote wrong, I have no problem with shortening it, and then you turned it into something about kings and queens which it definitely wasn't about and just confuses the whole discussion.

@Callmedodge I think its a 50/50 thing frankly, and by your standards if he wasn't tywins then the entire universe would just completely implode so god luc if that does end up happening. SOme of us aren't obsessed to the ppoint were we try to make the points based on what we want to happen in the series. There's plent of reasons to believe he isn't tywins there not made up. I guess when you have a life its easier to look at objectively and not pick a side like its something that's real

There are a whole heap of Targaryans out there who could have given dragon blood to Tyrion. We do not need lots of "secret" Targs. How about the not so secret ones (and Starks too for that matter

Try

1. The descendents of Aegon's TWO sons Duncan and the unnamed one

2. The descendents of Aerion

3. The descendents of the halfwit girl

4. The descendents of Aegon IV's many bastards, including BR and Siera and Bittersteel and their offspring

5. Descendents of all the previous Targs, legitimate and bastard.

JUST ABOUT ANY CHARACTER could have one or two drops of dragon blood

There are a whole heap of Targaryans out there who could have given dragon blood to Tyrion. We do not need lots of "secret" Targs. How about the not so secret ones (and Starks too for that matter

Try

1. The descendents of Aegon's TWO sons Duncan and the unnamed one

2. The descendents of Aerion

3. The descendents of the halfwit girl

4. The descendents of Aegon IV's many bastards, including BR and Siera and Bittersteel and their offspring

5. Descendents of all the previous Targs, legitimate and bastard.

JUST ABOUT ANY CHARACTER could have one or two drops of dragon blood

With the right of the first night, there may be hundreds.

How do you figure? GRRM does not out right lie to his readers. If he says, "Tyrion was named by his father" then Tyrion was named by his father. If Aerys was his father, he'd have an "ae" name like almost all Targs have. Instead he's got a "Ty" name, which is very popular is Lannisters. Therefore, Tywin named Tyrion and Tywin is Tyrion's father.

I never thought of that, but out of the Targs that have sat the Iron throne, only Viserys I and Viserys II did not have AE names, while with lannister you have (thought not as as many since we don't know as much about them) Tybolt, Tytos, Tywin, Tygett, Tyrion and Tyrek.

Archived