Video Games Thread, Son Of Video Games Thread

Inigima

Old thread is at 400 posts and will be locked shortly. Please continue.

In more embarrassing "video game industry has sexism problems," a reporter from some tiny indie site I've never heard of has issued an apology for crude sexual comments to a female developer, in which he said... well, why don't you just read it:

http://kotaku.com/reporter-apologizes-for-crude-sexual-comments-to-female-1505393796

Too much day z.

Just saw a homeles man knelt on the sidewalk taking a can of soup out of his pack.

My first thought was to kill him with my ax and take the soup.

Heh. That's happened to me before when I was playing a lot of GTA. I'd see cars on the street and think "Hey, that would be a good one to grab..."

Has anyone compared DayZ to any of the other similar games that have come out, like Rust or Nether?

Heh. That's happened to me before when I was playing a lot of GTA. I'd see cars on the street and think "Hey, that would be a good one to grab..."

Has anyone compared DayZ to any of the other similar games that have come out, like Rust or Nether?

I know what you guys mean. I've been playing FIFA a lot lately and the other day I saw a football and I thought about kicking it. Playing too many video games fucks you up!

Too much day z.

Just saw a homeles man knelt on the sidewalk taking a can of soup out of his pack.

My freshman year of college I was playing a lot of Deus Ex, and I caught myself looking out the window, seeing people walking around campus, and automatically evaluating the quietest ways to take them out.

I put myself on a hiatus from the game for a week or so after that.

Finishing up The Banner Saga. A really great game considering only half a dozen people worked on it, with artwork to die for and a great (but punishing) combat system.

Not sure what to play next. Possibly another tilt at Rome II, this time with the Caeser expansion installed. Or maybe Arkham Origins.

I'm playing too many games right now....I just got a PS4 too and switch back and forth between the PS3 and 4. I got Injustice: Gods Among Us for PS4 because it's a fun social game, Need for Speed and Battlefield 4. Also downloaded Doki-Doki Universe *=(funny game) and Resogun, which is awesome. Just finished AC: Black Flag on the PS3 and just re-started Dragon Age II as well. I'm dying for the next chapter of "A Wolf Among Us" by Telltale Games.

You're a player? I'm semi-competent with very inconsistent form. My son plays in the silver league, though he's getting much more into Hearthsone these days.

I've not won too many 4v5's but damn it's satisfying when you do. It's also maddening when you lose in the 5 person team.

Had a very competitive 3v5 once. Losing that was a lot of fun because we held out so long and even managed a deicide. Unfortunately I can't claim to have carried the team.

I just played the demo for FF13 Lightning Returns. I think its interesting and amusingly fan servicey with all the different outfits for Lightning. The class switching is rather jobs-esque, and it is fun seeing Lightning in throwback Final Fantasy costumes (the demo features black mage, red mage, and dragoon costumes most notably).

I haven't played XIII-2, which means I'm a bit lost story wise. But honestly, if this one does look good after I read some commentary, I could just skip XIII-2 and play this one. XIII-2 looks like it was designed to address a bunch of problems I didn't have with XIII (mostly linearity). I could just read a plot summary of XIII-2 and play this one, especially if I can get it at a reasonable price and it's not overlong.

Too much day z.

The same thing happens with me anytime I play Assassin's Creed. I look at a building and go "...hmm"

And then I remember I don't know parkour.

You're a player? I'm semi-competent with very inconsistent form. My son plays in the silver league, though he's getting much more into Hearthsone these days.

I've not won too many 4v5's but damn it's satisfying when you do. It's also maddening when you lose in the 5 person team.

Had a very competitive 3v5 once. Losing that was a lot of fun because we held out so long and even managed a deicide. Unfortunately I can't claim to have carried the team.

I'm new to Smite, but I'm an old hand at MOBAs. I won't win any awards but I'm better than the average idiot, even at Smite.

Played some DayZ the past couple days, and now I wonder why I spent $30 on it and somehow convinced my friend to download it too. Where is all this action people are talking about? All we could do was wander around some houses and grab some shit, and maybe go for a swim on the beach. I ended up killing my friend (in the game) and looting all his stuff. We had a heated argument over that, which I guess was pretty funny. Still, it feels so empty. Obviously it's in alpha, but hearing some of the stories likely raised my expectations to unrealistic levels.

All that said, it gave me an excuse to push my newly installed graphics card (7870), and I definitely liked what I saw. This should be a hell of a game in a year or two, but it's not worth $30 to me right now.

I'm new to Smite, but I'm an old hand at MOBAs. I won't win any awards but I'm better than the average idiot, even at Smite.

I just managed to take a look at the match result (can't see that stuff at work). SONOFABITCH! 24/9/10 so you were involved in all but 6 of the kills. Thanatos was you're bitch aye? He's hard for noobs to play because a player really needs to understand how he works to not die a helluva lot. At low levels I'd be rubbing my hands with glee if there's ever a Thanatos on the opposition. Having said that a person who knows how to play Artemis can seriously kick anyone's arse, her basic attack buffs (including her passive) makes her so hard hitting, all you need to do is be good at aiming. Tank is my go to class because there's no expectation of getting a high kill count. Best I've ever done is jungling as Bastet, was memorable as much for getting a decent number of kills as for not dying much, I just seemed to gank at exactly the right time.

Archived