LA Con Arrival Times

I just called their dispatch. According to the gentleman there, what they do is they pick everyone up at LAX and go to the Disneyland Resort Hotel first, where they then ticket everyone. After that, they will go about delivering those who are getting off at other area hotels to their hotels. They will also do pickup from your chosen hotel on the day of your departure (he recommended contacting them the night before to make sure the bus stopped outside of your hotel at the right time).

Disneyland Map

If you click on the above link (it might resize your browser, so open it in another window) and then click on "Good Neighbor Hotels", you will get a picture of the layout of disneyland and a couple of nearby hotels, including the Hilton, the Marriott and the Clarion.

Thanx Ran for the data, I must have had a rude dispatcher! lol

I leave around noon from LAX on Monday. If anyone else is leaving around that time please let me know before I reserve a shuttle.

no the distance is not that great but, I am meeting people after abut 4 hours sleep and no make up. I dont want to add drenched in sweat onto that if I can avoid it haha. I also have to stuff food in my mouth and volunteer within minutes of arriving. Believe me I will be frightening enough as it is.

From Downtown Disney there's a shuttle bus - it's like, two bucks for a day-long pass. They'll take you directly to the hotel.

Don't worry about transpo from Disney to the hotels - believe me, they've got it covered, and it's clean, polite, and efficient. You'd think they were Canadians.

I can pick up people from LAX on Tuesday, but 5 or 6 won't fit in my car, sorry :cry:

I can fit 4 more, assuming no one brought 18 suitcases or something. I don't want to split you guys up though..

Don't worry about transpo from Disney to the hotels - believe me, they've got it covered, and it's clean, polite, and efficient.

This is the Disneyland shuttle? Its weird, Prime Time Shuttle is a lot more expensive if you get them to quote you an online fare. (Not that I have rang them).

This is the Disneyland shuttle? Its weird, Prime Time Shuttle is a lot more expensive if you get them to quote you an online fare. (Not that I have rang them).

Well, it's the Downtown Disney shuttle. So it's not from the airport at all - if you take the shuttle to Disneyland, the buses make a circuit of all the major hotels, and it's quite cheap. So, get from the airport to "downtown disney" however you can. Then just hop that little jitney service for a few bucks, and they'll take you right to your hotel. The pass is good all day, too - so you can get back on to go out for dinner, or whatever.

Does anyone who is more familiar with the public transit than I am around LA know of a good way to get from the con to Union Station? I'm leaving on Saturday and I figure meeting my parents in downtown LA for a family wedding will be easier than meeting them at their hotel in Arcadia, but I've never had to use public transit out of Anaheim, and the price of a shuttle is a little steep for me to use it and anything other than a shuttle will cost even more of the big $$$.

I miss my car already. :unsure:

Archived