Daenerys Dragon Eggs Cannot Be The Only Ones Left

Winterfell Resident

I've read the 5 books of "A Song of Ice and Fire", and what I've walked away with is, the Dragon eggs that were given to Daenerys during her Wedding reception were not the only ones left in the world.

Daenerys receives 3 Dragon Eggs from Illyrio Mopatis. I know Illyrio does not manufacture dragon eggs. I suspect he must've purchased those eggs from someone who is from Asshai or someone who knew someone from Asshai.

Also, if someone sold 3 dragon eggs to Illyrio what's to say that this person does not have a factory full of those dragon eggs.

Next, Euron explained that during his voyage from the forbidden sea that he had a dragon egg and that for some specific reason(I forget) the dragon egg happened to fall into the middle of the sea.

Based on these findings, I believe that there are a lot more dragon eggs laying around.

But, I think they are harmless because as we discovered that the only way those eggs will hatch is if it lays in fire.

If there is anyone who is familiar with the dragon egg theory, please feel free to chime in.

There are supposedly five between King's Landing and Summerhall, the passageways beneath KL could hold more too. Also Dragonstone was reported to have others, though I do not know how many. Dragonstone also has many caves that are open to possibilities. Euron reportedly had a dragon egg and threw it into the ocean, if he got it in Valyria then there might be even more there. Also there are reportedly dragon eggs farther east somewhere, as in way east of Vaes Dothrak

I never recall believing that, what I recall is Dany is the only one to hatch them or have actual Dragons. Martin does not have time to grow more dragons so I assume those will be the last eggs that really matter.

This, Dany didn't have the last dragon eggs, but she does have the only dragons in the world rn and that is all that really matters when comes down to it.

From the TPATQ I got the impression that there were more dragon eggs. The Vale received at least 3, there were still some left on dragonstone. Then from further reading we find out that Eleana had a dragon egg the same egg that Brightflames had (silver streaked with gold), Viserny II had a dragon egg and when he was on his way to Lys he was intercepted. Yet we know that he lives we don't find out what happens to that egg. Then Eggs' has an egg(green and white swirls which means that can't have been Rhegals egg) Then we know from the vague information that we get about Summerhall that the Targs were trying to hatch the last three eggs that remained them. If Eggs got his hands on Brightflames egg and the egg that was taken from Lys add that with his own egg that's three eggs. That have already been tempered in the blood and fire of 2 kings. Eggs and his heir both died at Summerhall or so we are lead to believe. I've always been of the idea that Jon was going to hatch is own eggs. That's why he was dreaming of the crypts of winterfell. I've never liked the idea of Dany showing up at the wall and giving Jon a dragon to help him defeat the other's. It's too fairy tale in my mind. I feel as though jon's going through his own trial by fire. Ice can burn just as hot as fire can.

There may not only be dragon eggs left, but there could also be more dragons. We haven't seen the entire world in ASOIAF, and some unaccounted for dragons could be around. No reason to bring them into the story this late in the game, or there'd be no point in watching Dany raise her dragons for five books. In the end, I don't think hers are the last eggs or dragons, but they are the last ones that matter to the plot.

I think the story should end with Dany sitting on the Throne and having not only three dragons, but hundreds. An entire army. It would be a very good end to the story and everyone would love it.

please tell me this is sarcasm

I expect there to be a few hidden in Dragonstone. Maybe Kingslanding and the Wall as well.

I think the story should end with Dany sitting on the Throne and having not only three dragons, but hundreds. An entire army. It would be a very good end to the story and everyone would love it.

This is exactly what won't happen. A major theme of the story is that happily ever after is a lie and that conflict breeds conflict.

This is exactly what won't happen. A major theme of the story is that happily ever after is a lie and that conflict breeds conflict.

how the hell is a self entitled brat having an army of killing machines a happy ending? Please enlighten me.

We interpreted that post different ways. I got the impression the poster was a Dany fan since they assumed everyone would love that ending.

A. I don't think Dany will be queen in the end or maybe even ever. She's the next one you turn to after Robb dies as the hero. Given what Martin said in an interview after the RW aired, I expect Dany will die.

B. Hundreds of dragons aren't going to come out of the woodwork as some deus ex device. That's also another thing this series is against.

C. The ending is said to be bittersweet, which implies some good with some bad. The ending describe is an absolute, depending on how you feel about Dany. Bittersweet also means everyone won't love the ending.

I personally think this is gonna be one of the lamest endings. GRRM won't write it that way. :facepalm:

Or as Shakespeare quoted in his play Macbeth, "Blood begets blood"

There are supposedly five between King's Landing and Summerhall, the passageways beneath KL could hold more too. Also Dragonstone was reported to have others, though I do not know how many. Dragonstone also has many caves that are open to possibilities. Euron reportedly had a dragon egg and threw it into the ocean, if he got it in Valyria then there might be even more there. Also there are reportedly dragon eggs farther east somewhere, as in way east of Vaes Dothrak

Side theory-There are many eggs in Dragonstone, and the Mother of Dragons will hatch them. Her mounts, her treason to love, the salt & smoke, her stone dragons, her moon breaking open and thousands of dragons spilling out...will all go back to her and Dragonstone. Her journey home to the red door. The volcano.

Admittedly prophecies can go all sorts of ways, but quite a lot of what we know about dragons, what we read between the prophetic lines , and what can fit in my tiny little imagination all go down in that volcano hole. Maybe Dany does, too, in the end. It's a nice GRRM twist of fate to feed Daenaerys Stormborn back into the earth, another mother dying during childbirth, but the children are dragons.

Archived