Too many new cast members for season 5?

Constantinople

Oh I reread your post and now I got what you meant by "it agregates". Silly me.

Actually, so many characters died, and some didn't reappear so I don't think it's a problem. By my count we have around 80 characters appearing in season 4, a dozen of which are new characters. My count is probably not very accurate but it does give a general idea.

We know at least a dozen of those will die so we would only be carrying around 70 existing characters to season 5.

Your number of 200 probably includes a lot of characters long dead or who won't be returning for other reasons. It might also include more minor characters that I did.

There is going to be A LOT of new characters. Unless they plan on doing Seasons 5-6 for Books 4 and 5, I don't see them including all the characters for these 2 books in 1 season (unless they do one of those double length seasons some HBO shows did).

As of right now, I believe they make it a regular 10 episode season.

They are already getting Brienne's story out of the way. It looks like they will get a good chunk of Dany's story out of the way. They can cut a good portion of other people's story (Tyrion's). I think Bran will be done this season and we will not see him till season 6. Cercei's and Jaime's story is already started from Books 4. There is probably more...... But this alone does free up a lot of space for new characters.

GL to the show makers. I don't see how they can do it in one season. They better do 2. Plus, it will give GRRM more time to finish WoW. :)

So, um, for those thinking they won't be introducing Dorne at all next season, it seems they're eyeing Spain as a new filming location.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/21/game-of-thrones-spain/

While they aren't saying this is going to be Dorne, what else would it be? This doesn't confirm which characters will be included, of course. But I can't imagine they'll be cutting Doran or Arianne. The former has already been mentioned multiple times and the latter will provide Boob Time (that should really be a new HBO feature...) and a new strong female character. I suppose Spain could possibly be used as Volantis but Dorne seems more likely to me.

There is going to be A LOT of new characters. Unless they plan on doing Seasons 5-6 for Books 4 and 5, I don't see them including all the characters for these 2 books in 1 season (unless they do one of those double length seasons some HBO shows did).

I expect we'll be seeing a lot of simplifications and characters being merged like what they've done with Daario this season. He's Daario, Strong Belwas, and it's looking like he'll probably be replacing Brown Ben Plumm as well (speculation based on him being the captain of the Second Sons).

As of right now, I believe they make it a regular 10 episode season.

I can see them maybe giving the last season extra episodes and then splitting it across two years. Not very likely before then.

They are already getting Brienne's story out of the way. It looks like they will get a good chunk of Dany's story out of the way. They can cut a good portion of other people's story (Tyrion's). I think Bran will be done this season and we will not see him till season 6. Cercei's and Jaime's story is already started from Books 4. There is probably more...... But this alone does free up a lot of space for new characters.

GL to the show makers. I don't see how they can do it in one season. They better do 2. Plus, it will give GRRM more time to finish WoW. :)

I think it's unlikely that they'll split AFFC and ADWD across two seasons. It would certainly give them more time to slow down and develop some stuff a bit more but they seem to have a 7 season series pretty set in stone. At least that's how it's sounded.

We'll definitely be seeing all of the main cast in some form next season, even if it's brief. They won't want to be releasing the actors from their contracts and will still be giving everyone something to do. I expect some characters simply won't have as much screen time while others will have a lot more. And there will probably be a lot of invented subplots to give the characters with less to do in the recent books a bit more screen time.

So, um, for those thinking they won't be introducing Dorne at all next season, it seems they're eyeing Spain as a new filming location.

The first calls that went out were for a tonne of Dorne characters.

I wonder if they merge Ellaria with Arianne Martell, have her return with Oberyn's body, crown Myrcella for revenge and send Quentyn to marry Daenerys. That would tighten the Dorne storyline and a lot of random characters could be cut.

I suspect that the Sandsnakes and especially Arianne have big parts to play in teh next book, like marrying Aegon in a way that Ellaria couldn't possibly do, so I doubt it. Also I hope not, Dorne's plot doesn't need cutting down

Archived