Robert Strong

So I've bought into the theory that "Robert Strong" is Gregor Clegane's reanimated corpse. Since he's most likely headless, and thus lacks Gregor's intriguing but terrifying personality, how do you think "Robert" is going out? As cliche as it sounds, I think a boss fight is inevitable. You can't do much with a emotionless character, other than that.

wounds heal!

The time frame between Arya leaving him and Brienne coming across him isnt that long.

Actually, no. Serious wounds have a tendency to not heal well and give their bearers trouble in the long run. It's likely Sandor's limp is going to be a permanent feature for him.

While he's not a wight, he is reanimated. What if fire does him in as well? It would be great karma for his maiming Sandor, especially if Sandor were the one to burn him. Ruling out Sandor, dragonfire? I doubt he'll die in Cersei's trial. He's squash the Faith's champion.

Actually, no. Serious wounds have a tendency to not heal well and give their bearers trouble in the long run. It's likely Sandor's limp is going to be a permanent feature for him.

Its a fantasy story. Its just as likley he will make a full recovery.

While he's not a wight, he is reanimated. What if fire does him in as well? It would be great karma for his maiming Sandor, especially if Sandor were the one to burn him. Ruling out Sandor, dragonfire? I doubt he'll die in Cersei's trial. He's squash the Faith's champion.

I'd blow him to pieces, just to be sure.

I thought Sandor's leg wound had become infected and that's what was threatening to kill him. I guess I really don't know/remember how physically "serious" the wound was :dunno:

I thought Sandor's leg wound had become infected and that's what was threatening to kill him. I guess I really don't know/remember how physically "serious" the wound was :dunno:

No, you thought correctly. He got half an ear hacked off and the back of his neck sliced, but the wound in his thigh was the worst of it, as Arya's nose sniffed out for the reader.

No, you thought correctly. He got half an ear hacked off and the back of his neck sliced, but the wound in his thigh was the worst of it, as Arya's nose sniffed out for the reader.

Thanks! I want Sandor to be healthy when we finally get to see him confront what's left of his brother for reasons other than the revenge that he's set aside ;)

Someone, I don't remember who, determined that a young exceptionally healthy man like Sandor, under the care of possibly the best doctor in the Seven Kingdoms in the form of the Elder Brother, could easily make a full recovery. Therefore the obvious course of action is that Sandor will face him, after he's curb-stomped a few master fighters to establish his cred (Which is my personal theory about how Garlan is going down), and dramatically overcome his fear of fire to burn him to re-death. Personally, I hope Sandor dramatically sets Robert alight only to get killed anyway.

Also, I'm willing to bet that Robert has Jaime's sword hand. Because what better way to make Gregor even more deadly than he already is than by giving him the skills of the greatest swordsman in the world.

I don't believe in all this talk of magic and reanimated corpses. If Qyburn were able to reanimate a corpse then I doubt he would have been knocking round with the Bloody Mummers.

I think it is much more simple. Through Qyburn's research of the living that lost him his maesters chain, he was able to purge the poison from Gregor's body and heal him. In the process, he also removed Gregor's tongue to stop him from dropping them in it. The head that was sent to Dorne was never confirmed to be Gregor's head.

Archived