Sansa's Opening Move

Lady Howell

No idea, I didn't read a page ago. What did you say?

People were seriously getting off topic, getting into full blown debates about Sansa ever becoming more than a pawn, which isn't what this thread is about. If you want to dispute Sansa ever becoming a player in the game, I'm sure there are plenty of other threads where you could discuss that. But I don't want to have pages and pages of this thread taken up by a debate that I didn't start this thread for.

This thread pertains to what course of action Sansa should take if/when she takes control of the Vale. It is not about how she could take over the Vale.

So if you'd rather debate whether or not Sansa is a pawn or player in the making, go somewhere else.

• 4 months later...

In what universe does sansa become Alexander the Great of westeros?

Sansa isn't a warrior like Robb or Jon. Or a wild child like Arya. She can't fight, yes, with swords or axes or arrows at least. But she has her wits, same Littlefinger has, and look how much that man has done without an army. Now imagine what his student could do with one and who knows how many other pieces on the board under her control.

I'm sorry, while I believe that Sansa will be LF's undoing and that Chekov's hairnet is going to come into play one way or the other, Sansa as a battle commander, directing the armies of the Vale would be unbelievably out of character and wholly ridiculous, unless the BF comes and takes over on her behalf.

Agreed. Sansa is not a battle commander.

Agreed. Sansa is not a battle commander.

No one said she had to be. Ever heard of advisers and wise council.

It's just like what Tywin said on the show to Tommen. A good ruler who doesn't know about a particular subject listens to their advisers when something needs done. Sansa is a smart girl all on her own who will probably have some sort of goal after taking down LF--really, what do think will happen after she takes him down if she does? That she's just going to sit on her ass and doddle. Hell no, she's going to have some sort of goal in mind--and with the proper help like any character in the series, she could do great things.

I hadn't really thought about Sansa killing LF Arya style. Just take him off the board. But could she out-con him? He's been doing this longer, but she might be his blindspot. Once Petyr is your enemy you'd have to kill him. Alive, he would never not be dangerous.

Here's a plan. Harry comes to the gates of the moon to meet his potential betrothed. Meanwhile, Alayne makes an aliance with Mya who makes an alliance with Lothar. At the meeting, Lothar stabs LF and the guards arrest Harry.

Arrest Harry for what?

Thought this thread had been revived based on the show entering TWOW.

I think the way the show dropped Alayne quickly probably means the books will do it soon as well. Sansa doesn´t need of course to be officially in charge of anything if she can manipulate people. A maiden such as her, in as valiant and honorable part of the world as the Vale should find knights there that can be easily inspired to foolish bravery. + their soft spot for Ned.

She has a claim to the Riverlands, Harrenhal through a maternal line and well the North. But you can´t take the north without going through the Riverlands. Her main objective should be bringing the Freys to justice.

I don´t know when she will be forced to go against LF. What worries me is not that she finds out he was responsible for her father´s death, and for her marrying Tyrion. What worries me is that he might rape her. (Even though his dream his that she´d willingly go for him).

My sincere apologies for not reading all the 13 pages. I skimmed about four pages and skipped to the last as I wanted to make a comment. I will read them after this :) I'm not an active commentor on this site because I feel like I have but a fraction of the knowledge that most people have here. I lack self confidence but here I am...

I think/hope that if Sansa by some method gains enough power to make the Vale's army do her bidding, she'll focus on Riverrun and the Twins. I don't think that she wants anything to do with King's Landing so she'll head north to home. After reaching the North, Stannis would be persuaded to join forces with Sansa.

After Sansa has reached Winterfell and joined forces with Stannis she'll find Theon (depending if he's alive) and fArya who she will recognize as Jeyne Poole. Stannis and Sansa's forces will move to the Wall as Stannis hears about the mutiny at the Watch. The other northern houses will stay at Winterfell, defending... Manderlies in charge by Sansa's orders. When Sansa and co. reach the Wall, the few Mormonts (IIRC) who had Robb's will have reached the Wall as well and Jon has been resurrected (leaving Melisandre dead or incapacitated).
Jon and Sansa, the only Starks that didn't really have any interaction together, will have a glorious reunion. And as Jon Snow... Died... He is free to leave the Wall.

They return to Winterfell where Jon is crowned the King in the North. And as Jon has often stated that he doesn't want to rob the birthright of the Starks, he's only a king in name and he will rule with Sansa for a while. They will rebuild Winterfell making the snow winterfell that Sansa built an almost literal metaphor as Sansa rebuilds Winterfell with Snow.

As I said, I don't have as much knowledge about the books as some. And most of what I think will happen are more like what I hope will happen. However, I think that it boils down to Winterfell. If Sansa gets power, she'll go straight for Winterfell. She would only conquer what is needed to reach her home.

I really hope if Sansa decides to act against LF that the lords of the Vale trust and side with her. She's lied about Lysa's death and covered for LF so far, I hope that that doesn't count against her. I'm quite sure that most people know or at least suspect her true identity. The Bronze Yohn seemed to recognize her and Myranda's mention of Jon Snow seemed like a ploy to ilicit a response from Sansa, which of course it does. While true that Ned was much loved in the Vale, the fact that she hasn't come forward with the truth won't sit well with them. If LF attempts to harm SR and Sansa prevents him, then they may trust her afterwards.

I can't see the lords of the Vale rushing to help claim her birthright at her wedding to HtH either. The North is in the thick of winter, and Stannis and the Boltons are at war. If and when Rickon is revealed by Manderley, this will also further damage her chances.

While she has a claim to the Riverlands, Edmure is still alive and Sansa won't get Riverrun while he is still technically the heir. Maybe if Red Wedding 2.0 happens, the BwB and the Riverlands may team up with Sansa and the Vale. While the Vale resents the Lannisters and their undamaged army of 20000 men stands strong, they can't rise on their own. Dorne seems to be rising for Aegon, and Stannis, the Boltons, Robb's will legitimizing Jon and Rickon's possible presence makes Sansa's claim to the north a complicated and murky affair.

The Riverlands seem to be their only possible ally.

• 2 weeks later...

Sansa already made her opening move by understanding Littlefinger is not trustworthy, but useful for now. Her first major move will be either letting Robin die during one of his fits, or rescuing him. That will be her deciding move.

Yes, agreed. I am very anxious to see what she does in regards to SR because it could be a deciding factor in what path her character takes, at least morally.

Archived