Football LXIII - the eleventh hour

baxus

Well, Kallstrom is finally confirmed. The more I think on it, the more I don't mind the signing. I just wish it wasn't the only signing since he doesn't really improve the team, just add some depth and ability on set pieces. Overall, it won't make Arsenal a better team which is the issue heading into Feb's fixtures with all the injuries. Oh well.

Not impressed with the Arsenal signing. Liverpool look like coming up empty handed again as well.

I do expect Arsenal to trail off a bit from now on, falling to 3rd position quickly and maybe, maybe even get a little lower than that. I feel lke they've been punching a bit above their weight so far.

Leeds United have reportedly sacked Brian McDermott.

Read somewhere that they might have new owners? Not sure if it has anything to do with that or not.

Edit: Someone has linked Kalou to Arsenal, the transfer window can finally close now.

Read somewhere that they might have new owners? Not sure if it has anything to do with that or not.

Yeah, reading about it, the potential new owner has been threatening to bring in his own guy straight away for ages, so even though the takeover's not confirmed it seems its on its way with this move.

Stoopid.

Arsenal also made a loan bid for Papiss Cisse. :dunno:

Berbatov to Monaco on loan.

That is in interesting move for the Bulgarian. Curious how that went down. He is supposed to be helping Fulham fight for their lives. How do they make sense of loaning him to cash rich Monaco?

One suspects that Berbatov had chucked it in at Fulham and they're deciding to offload his salary somewhere else for the moment. Still disappointed that Arsenal didn't get him.

Yeah, as talented as he is, there have been moments in the last couple of months that Berbatov's first touch deserted him - for all his flaws I'd never seen that from him before and seems a clear sign that he's not that interested and needs to go.

Though it's a big gamble, there's been a lot of hype about this Greek guy they've signed to replace him.

Probably more importantly, they've also brought in a whole new midfield- much of it on loan, but for staying up they should be fine now I think.

Does anyone think it absolutely certain that Konoplyanka will be playing for another Premiership club come the end of August this year? Probably Spurs.

that will depend a lot on how the season ends.

whoever finishes in top 4 will be favoured to get him.

considering what i've seen from spurs so far, i'd be very surprised if they managed to get a top four spot.

I was really surprised that pool didn't stack up now that they finally have a legitimate chance at CL again.

Meanwhile, Roma adding Nainggolan should probably be enough to keep second place, assuming no real injury crisis strikes.

Archived